P. O. Box 562, Waimea, Kauai, Waimea, HI 96796 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 27
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Mira Mira Events

Mira Mira Events is a wedding planning and event coordination company based in Waimea on the island of Kaui, Hawaii. Owner and Creative Director Marlene Mira and her team of professionals are dedicated to crafting customized celebrations that accurately reflect couples’ personalities and love. Their goal is to lessen their clients’ stress so that they can relax and enjoy the experience of getting ready to say “I do.”

Mira Mira Events is able to assist with organizing a range of wedding-related events, such as rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions. They are experienced in planning a variety of weddings, including civil, cultural, destination, eco-friendly, military, non-religious, religious, and other celebrations. In addition to full planning services, Marlene is happy to offer the following to ensure a day that’s as seamless as possible:

• Budget analysis

Mira Mira Events 5
  • Joanne

Joanne Woo · Married on 10/26/2019

Absolutely amazing!

After two months of struggling with wedding planning I decided the best thing to do was to hire Marlene. She saved me from pulling out all my hairs. Marlene was very personable and easy to work with. She always got back to me on a timely manner, and answered all my questions. She also gave good advice, and let me mail a lot of my wedding stuff to her so I didn’t have to take it on the plane. On the week of our wedding my husband and I were at Costco picking up tons of alcohol for the wedding, and Marlene had a feeling we would be struggling fitting all the alcohol and drinks in our car so she came to Costco and surprised us. She helped us load the rest of the drinks in her truck and brought it over to our hotel. And on the day of the wedding she took care of everything. She even did last minute request for me. Overall, we were very happy with Marlene. Her positive attitude, organizational skills, and connection made our wedding day even more special. Thank you Marlene for the most magical wedding ever.

Mira Mira Events 6
    Sent on 11/12/2019

Laurice Apellanes · Married on 09/12/2019

Mira Mira Events

The best day of our lives couldn’t have been achieved without Marlene! I wasn’t looking to hire a coordinator, but the venue that we chose required one so we did our research. Although we were contacted by other coordinators first, I just had a feeling that I needed to wait until I heard from Marlene. When we finally connected, I knew instantly that this was the person I wanted to work with to plan our wedding. She was so kind, personable, and organized. We had a budget, and she did everything she could to get close to it. Never once did I feel pressured to choose something that was out of our budget. She was also very honest with me and always gave me great advice. Whenever I was clueless about something, she always had a solution. She grew up and lives on Kauai, so she is very well connected with the vendors on island. When we told her our vision and what we wanted for our wedding, she knew exactly which vendors to choose and they were perfect! I put my trust in her expertise, and it alleviated so much stress with the wedding planning experience.

The day before and day of the wedding, Marlene and her team were very professional and focused without losing the Aloha spirit. Everything ran like a well oiled machine from set-up to take-down. Her attention to detail was incredible. I was able to relax knowing that everything was getting taken care of, which I appreciated so much. Marlene also made sure we stuck to our timeline when we got distracted in the kindest way, and my guests who interacted with her had such wonderful things to say.
    I highly recommend hiring Mira Mira Events for your destination wedding. I am really going to miss our emails and phone calls! From the bottom of our hearts, mahalo for everything Marlene!!

Mira Mira Events 7
    Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Lani

Lani · Married on 06/15/2019

Really fun Vow Renewal!

Marlene did a marvelous job helping my son plan his wedding several years ago, and my daughter in law highly recommended her. I knew Marlene to be highly energetic, super capable and organized, and personality plus, just watching how she pulled things together for my son's wedding, so it was an easy decision to ask her to help me with our vow renewal. June is so busy, and with just a few months notice, a bold request from me to her...and she was already busy but squeezed our event into her crowded calendar. My husband and I just finished our "rest of our life" house, and decided to invite our closest friends and relatives to join us in our recommitment as we moved into our new home. At first I said no to a planner...just need to order some food and play some music was my plan. Glad I followed my daughter's advice because all I had to do was answer Marlene's questions, make some decisions of cake flavors, flowers, table cloth colors and I could let go of the details, knowing it was all in her capable hands. I had family from the mainland coming, as well as college roommates, and a guest list of 97 people--plenty to stress over if I handled everything myself! So the day was a happy one, everything was set up perfectly by Marlene and her assistant, the flowers, food, photography, signage, music was perfect. Everything that Marlene did allowed me to just spend time with our guests and soak in the happy moments. If there were any problems, she handled them and I did not know about them. During the planning she kept in touch, we continually refined the timeline and elements...it was a wonderful experience working with someone who genuinely enjoys helping people and working with you to create your vision of a fabulous, memorable event. Our guests told us we really raised the bar on vow renewal--and the credit goes to Marlene, who assured each guest a wonderful time. Thank you Marlene for making our "I do, take 2" event so much fun!

Mira Mira Events 8

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Mira Mira Events Pricing

Mira Mira Events Price Rates

Mira Mira Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 3500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

Real Weddings