Mira Mira Events Reviews

8 | Waimea, HI

8 Reviews for Mira Mira Events

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2018

Excellent! Marlene is a dream!

Marlene is a DREAM! Our wedding was on Kauai, and we previously had hired a planner on Oahu to coordinate the wedding, and that planner turned out to be very unprofessional and a nightmare. So four months into planning, we were very depressed with wedding planning, and were no longer having any fun. That is, until we fired that planner, and hired Marlene!! Hiring Marlene was the BEST DECISION we made for our wedding! She is literally AN ANGEL. She is amazing to work with for many reasons. She is extremely professional, upfront about everything regarding budget, and honest with you about your goals and expectations in a way that is very supportive. She communicates extremely well, and explains everything extremely well so that it's very easy to understand. Wedding planning can be overwhelming sometimes, but Marlene knows exactly how to keep you calm and happy. She puts you at ease because you know you can trust her. Also, she's from Kauai, so she has great relationships with everyone. That proved to be very important for our wedding. There was a hurricane the week of our wedding (at least the news said it was coming, it turned out it never came to Kauai!), and our venue said they were closing Saturday, the day of our wedding. So, we had to move our wedding up 2 whole days to Thursday! And had only 24 hours to make changes! It was a scary moment, we lost major vendors that were already booked on other jobs, like our tent! Our band, lighting, chair rentals, hair and make-up artist, etc., and Marlene came through on EVERYTHING! We got a back-up venue on the same property to replace the tent, she found us a new band that was AMAZING! I don't even know their name, but ask her who they were, everyone at the wedding was raving about them! She got our floral/decor vendor to come through with lighting and chairs for us (HUGE!) and found me a new hair and make-up artist duo that were LOVELY and did everything PERFECT! Without her many connections on Kauai, none of that would have been possible. We wouldn't have been able to even have a wedding. Most people will luckily not need to deal with a hurricane the week of their wedding, or moving up their date 2 days, but if Marlene can pull that off, she can do anything! I would not recommend anyone else to plan your wedding on Kauai except Marlene. She may seem a little more expensive than other planners, but she makes up for it by getting discounts with vendors that she passes on to you as the bride and groom. So she saves you money! On your wedding day, you want a planner that you enjoy being around, that feels warm and bright, and who's there for you no matter what. Someone who is a calm and comforting presence. That you feel supports you. Marlene is all of that and more. She is a ray of sunshine. When we hired her her website wasn't super up-to-date, but that's just because she's so busy she hasn't had time to update it! But her work and style are impeccable. Ask her for more photos of her work if you want to see it, she sent them to us! We'll hold a special place in our hearts for Marlene for the rest of our lives. I wish we were still planning our wedding just so we could still talk every week!

Sam · Married on 08/01/2017

If you're looking for a wedding planner in Hawaii stop now because you have found the one. Marlene and the Mira Mira team were fantastic from start to finish.

Marlene truly cared about our wedding and took the time to get to know us and our vision for our dream wedding day. She spent numerous hours on the phone with us answering all of our questions and laying out the entire process step by step.

She is also so well connected on the island that there is literally nothing she can't do. We asked for a couple requests that she had not dealt with before and without hesitation she said she would get it figured out, and she did.

Our wedding day went better than we could have ever imagined. Marlene and her team were extremely organized and efficient. They kept the entire party on schedule and every detail completely covered.

Her cost is reasonable and totally worth it. Having someone on island that can make calls and arrange every detail took away so much stress and gave us time to focus on our friends and family.

We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out!

Caely · Married on 05/11/2015

Marlene took all the stress out of our wedding. Planning a wedding in Hawaii from France was easy with her help! She was professional, gracious, calm and caring throughout the entire process. Most importantly - she never once stressed me out, to the contrary: she was a stress blocker! Or perhaps even more important than that - she is very clearly passionate and enthusiastic about her job. I very highly recommend her!

Jasmine · Married on 03/21/2015

Marlene was a such an important part in planning our wedding. She was tremendously helpful from start to finish. Her reliability, kind and positive attitude, and impressive pick of local vendors, made our special day perfect.

Melody · Married on 05/20/2013

Marlene from Mira Mira Events helped me plan and execute a beautiful wedding in Kauai in May 2013. She really listened to my needs and made great recommendations along the way. Her responsiveness and friendliness took a lot of stress out of the planning process. She was always pleasant and willing to go the extra mile..and that really put me at ease. She did a great job in all aspects and not only gave me an unforgettable wedding, but also created an amazing experience for all my family and friends. I can't thank her enough for everything she had done for me. I highly recommend Mira Mira Events if you're looking to get married in beautiful Kauai island! You will not regret it!

There are not enough words in this review to express how amazing and wonderful this wedding coordinator is! She makes everything happen with a smile and makes the entire wedding process effortless. She is a professional, a great listener and the best wing-woman you could ever ask for! Marlene has kept me calm and stress free. Don’t let that sweet smile fool you…she will get things done when you need to get things done! Any questions you have will be happily answered and every detail will be covered. She takes wedding planning to a whole different level of WOW!!! Magnificent Marlene!

Bob · Married on 01/16/2013

It was actually and engagement event that Marlene of Mira Mira events helped my orchestrate, but the services were stellar. Perfect!
    I can not say enough good about Mira Mira Events!.
    I wanted to plan a very special evening for my engagement. Being from the mainland, I wanted to have help from somebody who knew the area, the vendors, and could help me put an incredibly special evening together.
    After calling three different event planners, all of whom had good reviews, I felt that I connected best with Marlene. She immediately began to visually put my evening together for me and I could tell after just a few minutes on the phone that we would work together well and she had a good comprehension of my vision, the resources, and the eagerness to help me make my evening spectacularly memorable.
    Her communication with me was excellent. She kept me up to date with progress and offered reassurance that she was busy with my project and things were falling into place. She made sure that all the details were covered and worked with me to be sure that everything had been planned for and covered.
    When we got to Kauai and my event began to transpire, I was as in awe as my girlfriend, and I knew what was coming! Every nuance, every detail, was perfect!
    Marlene is a rock star! My engagement evening was dreamlike and I owe it all to Mira Mira Events and the incredible team she put together for my evening.
    I will add here that that team included a private chef, AJ Irons,(http://ironchefkauai.com). Amazing! Turn him loose and your palate will sing.
    Slack key guitar musician Pancho Graham (http://panchograham.com/…)
    A wonderful musician and individual, perfect for a magical ambiance.

My fiancé has a wonderful story to tell and we have unbeatable memories of a perfectly orchestrated evening thanks to Marlene and the team she put together!

6 stars!

Miranda · Married on 09/24/2011

Marlene is absolutely fabulous and helped us plan a Kauai wedding that exceeded all our expectations. She was fun and easy to work with, but was always super professional. I would highly recommend mira*mira events!