4400 36th Avenue N., Suite 122, Minneapolis, MN 55422 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Minnesota Reverend

I'm the Reverend Derek Kiewatt. I've been performing unique and memorable ceremonies for over 40 years. Even after all that time, and so many wonderful couples, I'm still excited about officiating and love being part of this very special moment in people's lives. Couples have said I've found the perfect balance of warmth, relevance, humor, and professionalism. The weddings I help create reflect the beauty and romance of the occasion, while being light-hearted, down-to-earth, and meaningful.

424333915 n 51 136253
120713
424333915 n 51 136253

112 Reviews for Minnesota Reverend

Katie · Married on 10/20/2018

Experienced, personable, kind and has a great sense of humor!

Rev. Derek is experienced, personable, kind and has a great sense of humor! He is also very flexible with the type of service you are looking for as he can easily transition from serious to humorous at your request. Based on these qualities, we booked him as our wedding officiant. He had great communication throughout the process and was always available for questions. Following our ceremony, many of our guests asked if Rev. Derek was a family friend, which we had felt like he had been. I definitely recommend Rev. Derek!

Alyssa · Married on 09/14/2018

When my wife and I planned our wedding, we quickly realized, that we had a language problem. As my parents speak little English, and my wife's family no German, we where afraid we could not have the wedding we wished for. Fortunately, we found Reverent Derek, who supported us with a very beautiful, bilingual ceremony, that helped both of our families feel included. Derek has a warm and open nature, and is easy and fun to work with. He also has a lot of good stories at hand to prepare you for your special day the easy way. We thank Derek for his service, and would highly recommend him.

Chris · Married on 09/08/2018

Easy and personalized wedding experience

Working with Reverend Derek was such a great experience! He provided us with a ton of resources so we were easily able to personalize a ceremony that was exactly what we wanted. He has many options, both religious and secular so we had no problem finding ceremony elements that worked for us. Throughout the entire process, he was incredibly responsive and flexible which helped relieve stress rather than add more. Any time we had any questions or concerns, he immediately responded to our emails and offered to meet in person if needed. Overall, Reverend Derek was a huge reason our wedding so smoothly.

Minnesota Reverend FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 300.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 300.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 125.00
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed, Premarital Counseling
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, No Denomination, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? CA, MN, WI
  • What languages do you speak? English, German

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Minnesota Reverend 1
    REDUCED PRICE FOR PREMARITAL EDUCATION

20% discount for Premarital Education/Counseling when included with your Ceremony. Minnesota couples receive a reduced fee for a marriage license ($40 instead of $115).

• Diane Martinson Music - Vocalist
    Diane Martinson Music - Vocalist Wedding Bands

Reverend Kiewat obviously Loves performing weddings. He arrived early to the ceremony, we went through the music cues for my song, piano music, discussed the best musicians set up in the room, and the ceremony order details. He then spent extra time reviewing cues with the couple & the wedding party children to ensure everyone was comfortable with all aspects.The wedding was touching and went beautifully!

• The Traveling Photo Booth
    The Traveling Photo Booth Photo Booths

I have known Derek for years. Rest assured, knowing that he will not only be early, be professional and take care of everything, but that you will receive a one-of-a-kind ceremony service your guests will rave about! You deserve a ceremony that is meaningful and funny. When it comes to your ceremony, besides saying "I do," hiring Rev. Kiewatt is the best decision you can make!

• 4400 36th Avenue N., Suite 122 Minneapolis, MN 55422 See on map
    6125670048 (Other Phone Number)