Mikes Music and Comedy of Florida

Lakeland, FL 33813 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 7
  • Deals 4

About Mikes Music and Comedy of Florida

I have been involved in the wedding business since 1980. I have experience in several aspects including photography, hypnosis, venue management, consulting, and of course disc jockey. As a certified Hypnotist, I also offer my services for personal issues,and comedy hypnosis shows. Here at Mikes Music of Florida, our highly trained staff uses only professional equipment. No home stereo components , or speakers. We hold monthly training sessions for our staff, and always maintain an updated music list. We consider ourselfs reception coordinators, not just DJ's. What this means is we will manage your reception, and work with your wedding coordinator, photographer, and other vendors. We will make sure that everyone is on the "same page" before we announce an event I.E. time to cut the cake, or let's do the first dance, we will check with the bride and groom, photographer, etc to make sure everything runs smoothly. We have a free online wedding planner where you can edit all your information for all your wedding vendors. There is even a section to create and edit your song list. Once your play list is complete, we play only from your list. This way, we know you will enjoy everything that is played. If you would like to allow song requests from your guests, this is another option on your free wedding planner. Here at Mikes Music of Florida, we strive for a stress free, and enjoyable time for not only the bride and groom, but for the guest as well. Give us a try, I know you will like what you see (and hear).

Follow Mikes Music and Comedy of Florida on

• Videos 4

3 Reviews for Mikes Music and Comedy of Florida

Chelsea · Married on 08/22/2013

Mike did a wonderful job & at a great price! I was honestly a little worried about using him, due to the last bad review on here, but he did a great job & exceeded my expectations. He was very professional & eager to help & he even had lots of great suggestions! He was willing to work with me & play the music for our ceremony & reception, since they were both in the same building.
    Our ceremony ended up starting an hour late, so everything got mixed up & we weren't able to do everything at the reception on time. Mike did great with working with us & playing the music when we wanted.
    I highly recommend using Mike if you're looking for a DJ that doesn't charge rediculous prices & who will be professional.

Joey · Married on 07/07/2009

I was so worried about everyone leaving early, and having a boring wedding. Mike made my wedding a party to remember. He played all the right music, at the right time. Everyone had a blast, and everything ran so smooth. Mike overseen the reception, and stayed in contact with us, photographer, and my consultant. He did announcements, and put fun in everything! He even sang mom's favorite song for her "What a Wonderful World" it was amazing! His service and attitude is fantastic. I can not say enough for this man, or his company. My friends are still talking about the great time they had. Seriously, contact this business for your wedding, or next special event! Joey

• walters2b

Paula · Married on 03/06/2010

1.6
      0.0
      3.0
      3.5
      1.0
      1.0

I was devistated with this company! Absolutley horrible! I set up the service back in November of 2009 so there was ample enough time for this DJ to be prepared for my wedding in March 2010! He has a website that you can set up songs and itenerary, etc. I filled it out as he requested and when I met with him the night of the wedding he said nothing was there. I indeed printed it out the very day I created it, so why could'nt he? I said, Okay, I will just bring it with me the day of the wedding. However he called me the next morning and said no worries he had found it and had it printed. When I arrived at the venue for my wedding I was told he didn't have it that he couldn't print it out!!! So, luckily I had my copy in the car in which I gave the the DJ he had assigned for us. SHE was horrible! She mispronounced everyones names when we where being introduced and screwed up my mother son dance. I had such high hopes for this company because Mike the owner was very nice and personable. But sending the DJ that he did, was unexceptable! I will and would never recommend this company, and I feel like my money was wasted!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 03/14/2010

Mikes Music and Comedy of Florida's reply:

I had medical problems, and was not able to do this event myself. I helped setup the equipment, and did what I could. I tried to manage this event the best I could. The stand in DJ was nervous and had a hard time dealing with the issues. I discounted this event, and promised to do another party myself for them with no charge. We did have the music playlist and a lot of the guest said they had a great time. I'm truly sorry if the bride was upset, but I did everything in my power to correct the issue. I now ONLY use myself, and certified wedding disc jockeys for all my weddings.

Mikes Music and Comedy of Florida FAQ

• What services do you offer? Liability Insurance

4 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Mikes Music and Comedy of Florida 1
    Wedding Wire Discount
    Save 10% with this coupon when you mention Wedding Wire's site. This offer is not valid with any other offers or specials.
  • Mikes Music and Comedy of Florida 2
    Wedding Wire Vendor's Only
    Join my own free recipical links page to build your Wedding Wire Listing even more! Stop by today, it's free. http://www.getlinks.weddingserviceindex.info
  • Mikes Music and Comedy of Florida 3
    Karaoke
    Mention the Wedding Wire, and receive free karaoke for your wedding or special event. We have over 170,000 legal karaoke titles, so I'm sure I will have something for everyone.