3511 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201 Map · Phone number

About Megan Hart Cake Designer (from TLC's Next Great Baker)

Megan Hart founded a small start up company "La Dee Dah's Cake Couture", founded in October 2010.

As the year meshed into 2011, the orders flew in, sometimes leaving the one woman Cake Designer with many sleepless, buttercream and fondant filled nights!

In April of 2011, Megan was invited to compete in a competition sponsored by Oakmont Bakery "Dream it....achieve it", which raised awareness for "The Young Women's Breast Cancer Foundation". The competition was judged by none other than Buddy Valastro, more affectionately "The Cake Boss', from the TLC hit "Cake Boss" show.

2011 had many highs and lows, and ultimately in August of 2011, Megan was chosen out of 13,000 applicants to be one of the 12 contestants on Season Two of "Next Great Baker", TLC's reality spin off from "Cake Boss", which host Buddy Valastro put the up and coming cake artists to the test to see who could bake it to the top!

Watch for this season's upcoming "Next Great Baker" on TLC, Premieres November 28, 2011 at 9:00 p.m,

After the show was filmed and ALL contestants were back home in their lives (to include winner), Megan had an unfortunate turn of events that almost took her life!

Moving forward in 2012, Megan has now been hired to help aid in the revitalization of DOZEN BAKE SHOP to offer the Burgh amazing cake couture! Yes, Dozen Bake Shop did "close", but reopened and is relaunching with great daily specials, FRESH ingredients, scratch made amazing cupcakes, talented chefs and pastry chefs, and now the addition of Megan to create edible masterpiece couture cakes!

LaDeeDahs, still registered to Megan, but the company is no longer in operation....never fear, the same great cakes, amazing works of edible art, and friendly service will translate very nicely with Dozen Bake Shop! I can't wait to meet my new clients, welcome my faithful clients, and of course meet all of the fans from the show!

Thank you all for such a wonderful first year!

-Megs

mkddoggie
cakeartistlogo
mkdwwedding
Megan Hart Cake Designer (from TLC's Next Great Baker)

10 Reviews for Megan Hart Cake Designer (from TLC's Next Great Baker)

Kerrie · Married on 07/30/2016

Meg, If I could give you 10 stars ... I would! My cake could not have been more perfect! You are amazing and your artistry is top notch! I sent you a picture, we didn't even meet in person, and you created what can only be described as the cake of my dreams. Everyone commented on how delicious it was, how unique it was and how beautiful it was. I cannot wait to have you make another one for me. I'm also looking forward to working with you down the road with other events. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Kerrie & Matthew

Sent on 08/03/2016

Jake · Married on 06/14/2014

Megan did a FANTASTIC job for our wedding back in June of 2014 under her previous business "Baked By Hart". We did cupcakes and I am being 100% honest when I say they were the best cake either of us have ever tasted (her Italian buttercream is amazing). We got so many compliments from our guests. The prices were also very reasonable. I was sad to see that "Baked By Hart" had closed, but it looks like Megan is now doing weddings again, so do yourself a favor and give her a call and schedule a tasting. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Stephanie · Married on 08/13/2011

I cannot tell you just how wonderful my wedding cake was from LaDeeDah's. I didn't want a typical cookie cutter wedding cake like you see at everyone else's wedding. I had a Pittsburgh theme for my wedding and so I said I wanted my cake sculpted to looke like Pittsburgh. I was blown away by what LaDeeDah's delivered. It was better than imagined! The cakes from LaDeeDah's are so creative and beautiful. You wouldn't even think you were looking at a cake! After seeing how beautiful the cake was I was even more pleased with how it tasted. Hands down the best cake I've ever had. Through my entire process, LaDeeDah's was so easy to work with and delivered just what I wanted. You honestly can't go wrong with this baker!

And I happen to know where she was when that "cryptic message" was delivered and I'll tell you what... it was a chance of a lifetime and a tribute to just how great this baker really is... but the rest of the world will know about it soon enough.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Megan Hart Cake Designer (from TLC's Next Great Baker)'s reply:

Thanks Steph and Jeff!

May you and Jeff continue to have a blessed marriage with many happy years filled with joyous memories!

As for me being away....I realize that particular customer was upset, but I had every intention on filling their order, it just wasn't going to be me personally handling her account, but one of my assistants, whom helped me while I was away. I have her cupcake tower sitting right here as proof. Such a shame because I really LOVED that couple... I'm still learning the business, and I'll take the good with the bad...it was my error I suppose and I'm going to learn from it...

Award

Megan Hart Cake Designer (from TLC's Next Great Baker) FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cookies
    Cupcakes
    Groom's Cake
    Pastries
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Setup
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?

• 3511 Butler Street Pittsburgh, 15201 See on map