Chicago, IL 60622 Map · Phone number

About Maypole Studios

So you're getting married....
You found your favorite person in the whole wide world and are ready to shout from the rooftops that you're crazy-in-love! You're ready to hold the hand of your best friend and say "I do."
I want to make sure you remember it forever, I want to give you photographs that will take you back to that exact time and place... how the air smelled, how fast your heart was beating, what song was playing.
Nothing cookie-cutter or conventional. Just beautiful, joyful, and all about you!

Weddings050
Weddings050
Weddings002

27 Reviews for Maypole Studios

Laura · Married on 03/04/2018

We were a bit unconventional -- surprising our guests with a wedding when they arrived at our home. So, no elegant dresses and no swanky setting; I wondered if it would be worth it to hire a photographer. In a word ... absolutely! Bethany is fantastic. She perfectly captured the shocked faces, smiles, belly laughs, and tears.

At one point we stepped outside for some fresh air. We were teasing her that the yard (before spring has sprung) might not yield the best pictures. Her direction was "... a couple steps back, yep right there by that dead plant ...". And somehow, the photo that she took of us next to that dead plant and the drab brick wall is one of the loveliest. She may just be a magician.

It's not just the pictures though. She's fun, genuine, honest, professional. I can recommend Maypole Studios without hesitation.

Gwendolyn · Married on 02/10/2018

Bethany did such an amazing job capturing our wedding day. Getting married brings on a lot of stress, but working with Bethany was one of the least stressful of the to-dos. Not only is she a delight to be around, we received so many compliments and praises regarding her at the wedding as well as the quality of the photos taken.

Pablo · Married on 01/28/2018

My wife and I worked with Maypole Studios for our wedding and engagement photos. We wanted a photographer who could capture our personalities and display a positive energy from our photos and Bethany excelled in both of those aspects.

Bethany exudes a calm confidence during her photo sessions. She makes you feel at ease that she’s going to capture exactly what you’re looking for without any pressure to pose or present yourself in any specific way. I’ve been in wedding parties for friends where I feel like I’m a mannequin for the photographer and have to conform to their “artistic vision.” Bethany completely flips that approach and makes sure that her work is a product of your input.

Our wedding was in Florida and Bethany arrived the day before to make sure she had enough time to scope out the venue so she wouldn’t have to worry about scouting for locations on the day of so she could devote more time to documenting all the different moments from the wedding throughout the day. Everyone from our family and wedding party commented on how efficient and laid back Bethany was and said she was the easiest photographer they’ve worked with. She was patient with us if we had any stressful moments and was always happy to take the inevitable “one more” photo with family members.

Every artist has their own style and every couple looks to get something particular out of their photos. Some seek out dramatic poses with over the top romance and formality. For my wife and I, we think weddings are meant to be fun, joyous moments filled with the love we share with each other and our families and friends. Bethany was the perfect photographer for this and shared our vision. My wife and I always smile when we look back at our photos and see the genuine, sweet, and goofy moments we shared.

We can’t wait to work with Maypole Studios again.

Maypole Studios FAQ

• What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

• Maggie Speaks
    Maggie Speaks Wedding Bands

Awesome talent and super fun to work with!

• Five Grain Events
    Five Grain Events Wedding Planners

I adore working with Bethany at Maypole Studios! She has a fantastic eye and is amazing at capturing the joy present at the wedding day in her images. Highly recommended if you are hoping to start with a talented photographer, and end with a great friend. :)

• SQN Events
    SQN Events Wedding Planners

Bethany Fritz is so amazingly talented that she truly could triple her price and be worth every penny. Fortunately, she keeps her pricing very competitive so brides at almost any budget can afford to hire her and have one of the best Chicago wedding photographers document their special day. Bethany captures both the "big moments" and the small details, so although your wedding day may go by in what seems like a minute, you'll be able to reflect on every moment long after you toss your bouquet (metaphorically speaking). She is also a blast to work with and puts everyone at ease so she can get the best photos possible. I cannot recommend Bethany and Maypole Studios more highly. I can't wait to work with her again!

• Chicago, IL 60622 See on map