Maypole Studios

Chicago, IL View map

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
So you're getting married....
You found your favorite person in the whole wide world and are ready to shout from the rooftops that you're crazy-in-love! You're ready to hold the hand of your best friend and say "I do."
I want to make sure you remember it forever, I want to give you photographs that will take you back to that exact time and place... how the air smelled, how fast your heart was beating, what song was playing.
Nothing cookie-cutter or conventional. Just beautiful, joyful, and all about you!

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

High-Res Images

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

4.9 out of 5 rating

• Alaina
    Alaina S. Married on 12/03/2022

Dream wedding photographer!

I am so happy we hired Bethany for our Engagement and Wedding photos. Before finding her, I spent a long time looking at photographer portfolios and thought that so many of the poses looked cheesy and staged. Not with Bethany. She captured us looking like real people, with natural facial expressions and body language. For our Engagement photos, she knew exactly where to take us around downtown Chicago for the perfect shots. We had a ton of fun too! For our Wedding in December 2022, she braved the cold to get outside shots of us by the Wrigley Building and the river (go big or go home!) which came out absolutely beautiful. She also captured our first look incredibly well - looking at the picture takes me back to the moment. To sum it up, Bethany is an incredibly kind, calm, funny, and highly skilled photographer who exceeded all my expectations. I highly recommend her!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea M. Married on 10/15/2022

Bethany is a WONDER!

Y'all. Hire this woman! My husband and I had such an incredible experience using Maypole Studios' Bethany Fritz as our wedding photographer. We met through family friends and are SO glad we did. Bethany is absolute marvel - her kind and funny personality made us feel instantly at ease, and she is so game to collaborate on creative choices. We're both artists and wanted a photographer who captures candid moments along with everything we created for our ceremony, and Bethany was the perfect person for the role. She also made our engagement session one of a kind by traveling to House on the Rock with us! I would recommend Bethany to ANYONE looking for photos that are unique, gorgeous, creative, and full of joy - she has been nothing but incredible to work with and we are beyond grateful. A+++!
  • Quinn
    Quinn R. Married on 08/13/2022

Maypole is an absolute Rock Star from Start to Finish

I am so unbelievably happy we hired Bethany and Maypole Studios.

She is an absolute rock star in the lead up to the event. Very prompt in responses and she took detailed notes on both what we wanted in photos, how we wanted to spend the time, and landmines to avoid (family drama, awkward pairings, things of that nature). She gave great advice about how to utilize time to best get what we wanted, and all of it paid off.

Day of she almost functioned as a coordinator. Bethany is remarkably efficient at getting people into formations, giving adjustments, and managing crowds and groups. She also made sure to check in periodically to make sure we were getting everything we wanted, but was never overbearing.

In terms of the actual product, I've never seen better wedding photos. The edits on our photos were stunning, they weren't overdone and they highlighted our best looks, our guests best looks, and captured each and every magical moment. It almost looks effortless (of course, it is not effortless. She is incredibly skilled and hardworking). She captured every moment we wanted, she captured the vibe we wanted, she took every request we made and elevated it.

Finally, Bethany was a fantastic resource for my wife and I. We had a venue disaster and had to re-book a venue 6 weeks before the date, and Bethany both in emails and person was extraordinarily helpful, calming, and kind. She is a fantastic photographer, but she's an even better person. I have recommender her to friends, and genuinely hope they hire her so I can have my photos taken by her at other events. She is incredible.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2023 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Maggie Speaks Maggie Speaks Wedding Bands

Awesome talent and super fun to work with!

Five Grain Events Five Grain Events Wedding Planners

I adore working with Bethany at Maypole Studios! She has a fantastic eye and is amazing at capturing the joy present at the wedding day in her images. Highly recommended if you are hoping to start with a talented photographer, and end with a great friend. :)

SQN Events SQN Events Wedding Planners

Bethany Fritz is so amazingly talented that she truly could triple her price and be worth every penny. Fortunately, she keeps her pricing very competitive so brides at almost any budget can afford to hire her and have one of the best Chicago wedding photographers document their special day. Bethany captures both the "big moments" and the small details, so although your wedding day may go by in what seems like a minute, you'll be able to reflect on every moment long after you toss your bouquet (metaphorically speaking). She is also a blast to work with and puts everyone at ease so she can get the best photos possible. I cannot recommend Bethany and Maypole Studios more highly. I can't wait to work with her again!

Maggie Speaks
5.0 out of 5 rating , 352 Reviews
路 Wedding Bands
Nika Vaughan Bridal Artists
4.8 out of 5 rating , 24 Reviews
路 Wedding Hair & Makeup

2871 N Lincoln Ave Chicago, IL, 60657
Location of (Maypole Studios)

Other vendors in Chicago for your wedding