716 Cooke ST, Honolulu, HI 96813 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 68
  • Deals 2

About Masako Formals

As a bride, you want your gown to be absolutely perfect. You can place your trust in Masako Formals, as we have been dressing Hawaii's brides for over 40 years! We are a locally-owned shop that values aloha, relationships, service, creativity, and fun. We care about the entire wedding dress experience, from how the gown is made to how it is customized to suit you. While we carry several top international designer collections, Masako Formals is proud to seek out smaller, lesser-known designers that are constructing incredible wedding gowns on a local, sustainable scale. We work hard to offer Hawaii the most versatile selection of dresses from around the world. Our wedding dresses span all sizes and price points. We also offer wedding dress rentals and have master seamstresses working in-house on any needed alterations, including for dresses from outside of our shop. Mahalo for checking us out, and best of luck finding the perfect wedding dress!

Follow Masako Formals on

Masako Formals 3
  • Crystal

Crystal Lin Vara · Getting married on 02/14/2020

Easy Experience

We recently decided to elope so now things are just as stressful and confusing but now fast tracked. This was not stressful and it was dare I say, easy. Luckily I went in with a dress in Metrix d to try on after seeing it on their Instagram page, but expecting to try many dresses (they always look better on a model). I tried on the dress and it was perfect, but I tried on a couple of others to be sure. She didn't even blink when I reappeared after only trying on 2 of the dresses she pulled because I wanted the original dress.
    Their sample sizes fit me m, which was something I was concerned about, since I’m no size 2 and actually made the experience that much more stress free.
    I put a 50% down payment down and ordered my dress which is set to arrive in December. So far this has been the easiest choice. The staff were all so kind and quiet which was nice for my introverted self doing this alone.

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Jessika

Jessika · Married on 11/04/2018

I was reaching the point where I was tired of looking at wedding dresses - they all looked the same and uninspired! I wanted something different. This place is where it's at! I found my gown, love at first sight, and the staff was so kind and not pushy towards making a choice right away, it was a relaxed approach and I loved it. Gown prices have a nice range too so you can deff spend under 1000 here.

Sent on 02/25/2018

Chloe · Married on 05/17/2018

Zoe is amazing!! She is such a sweetheart and always makes your visits so much more enjoyable. I also saw Naomi on few occasions too, and she is quite the sunshine. As a disclaimer, I did not get my dress at Masako Formals (it's from BHLDN) but did take it to the store for the alterations. They were extremely easy to work with and made sure I was happy with how it looked. They even helped me package it up to have it taken from Oahu to Kauai on the plane.
    Now for the funny story - I was a trainwreck on the day I was supposed to board my flight to Kauai. Because I had just gotten nails done that morning, I was running late and actually missed my flight. In the midst of chaos, I of course stab my toe and ruin my pedicure. Thankfully, I was able to catch the next flight. On the plane, I opened up a personal wedding card from Zoe, which had me in tears! It helped me get through the rest of that day, and I couldn't be more grateful to her for that.
    I also borrowed a veil from the store too. That's a consideration for brides who don't want to dish out more money on a veil. In terms of the alteration, I think they did a great job with the hem and bustling. Unfortunately, I did have a slight mishap with the boning. I think one of the boning was not able to support the weight of the dress and bent weirdly during all the movement and ended up poking the heck out of me (ouch). It was also noticeable in some of the pictures, but overall it wasn't a big deal. I'm not sure how this could have been foreseeable, but if you do have a heavier dress, I'd definitely take that into consideration when adding boning.

Masako Formals 4
    Masako Formals 5
    Masako Formals 6
    Sent on 06/02/2018

Masako Formals FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    Under $500
    $500 - $999
    $1,000 - $2,499
    $2,500 - $3,999
    $4,000 - $6,499
  • What are your price ranges for suit and tuxedo rentals?
    $100 - $199
  • How do you price dress alterations?
    By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Groom
    Groomsmen
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Appointments Only
    Cleaning
    Full Customization
    Preservation
    Rentals
    Sample Sales
    Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Shoes
    Tuxedos
    Undergarments
    Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    Less than 6 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Monthly
  • What is your return policy?
    Final Sales

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Masako Formals 1
    -5%
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples
  • Masako Formals 2
    Educator's Discount

All educator's receive 15% off all special order items - wedding gowns, bridesmaids dresses, veils, and accessories. Mahalo for serving our community!

• Justin Alexander
    Justin Alexander Wedding Dresses

Justin Alexander is honored to partner with Masako Formals, one of the most experienced bridal shops in Hawaii! Masako Formals treats brides with meticulous care, knowledge, and skill. The stylists have a great eye and choose their bridal collection accordingly!

• 716 Cooke ST Honolulu, HI, 96813 See on map