74-5614 Palani Road Front Suite, Kailua Kona, HI 96740 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Mara McMichael

Mara McMichael is a professional hair and makeup artist located in Kailua Kona, Hawaii. She has worked in the beauty industry for more than 12 years and has been specializing in bridal services for over eight. Now, Mara McMichael works out of a full-service beauty salon where she also manicures brow and lashes. Exclusively working with AVEDA hair care, color, and beauty products, Mara McMichael wants to help you feel and look beautiful on your big day. No matter how big your party is, she can accommodate you with ease.

Mara McMichael offers on-site or in-salon services. She also offers prior consultation and personalized recommendations to ensure you get the glam you envision for your wedding. When it comes to hair, she can do blowouts, extensions, updos, and more. She is skilled in airbrush makeup, contouring, fake lashes, tattoo coverage, and more. Other services include:

• Multiple stylists

Mara McMichael 6
Mara McMichael 7
  • Lancelot

Lancelot Elarionoff Jr · Married on 03/01/2019

Your bridal party deserves the absolute best!

As the groom, I wanted to set-up the bridal party with their hair & makeup arrangements, but since we were doing a destination wedding, I knew it would be difficult not being able to visit with the vendor themselves or do a trial months in advance. Mara Michael was by far the BEST beauty service I could have asked for. The bride really enjoyed her trial prior to our rehearsal luau, and the bridal party LOVED the team that came over to work on them the day of our wedding - they were very impressed with how they could work so easily with such a variety of hair styles and makeup likes and dislikes. Every one of the girls felt like a beautiful part of our ceremony, just as I had hoped. Chantelle was THE BEST at answering all my questions, making sure I knew the details of everything I was planning for the bridal party, and making great recommendations. The options available for the bridal party was very impressive (they ended up getting mani’s/pedi’s done onsite as well). Our flower girl LOVED being treated like one of the girls, and for that we are truly thankful! If you are considering having the beauty team come out to where you are staying rather than going to their salon, the entire team was on time, professional and friendly, and never made anyone feel like, ‘just another customer’. THANK YOU for making my bride and her bridal party feel like the day couldn’t have been more perfect! Forever thankful – Lancelot & Britni Elarionoff

Jamie · Married on 08/01/2018

After 3 emails to different vendors Mara McMichael salon was the only ones to respond. They where very punctual and we had a fun stress free experience. Glad we used them:)

Mara McMichael 8
    Mara McMichael 9

Shalane · Married on 06/12/2018

Mara and her team did the most amazing job making me and my girls feel gorgeous for my wedding on the 12th of June 2018 in Kona, Hawai’i. I've never seen my sister look more beautiful in our lives. After seeing herself in the mirror she has now adopted a whole new way of doing her makeup that suits her. Mara was very accommodating and did my makeup not only for my wedding but THREE different occasions!
    I probably wouldn't have forked out the dough on a makeup trial (as I already knew from pics, reviews and Instagram they were the best) but since I wanted I boudoir shoot anyway I purchased her boudoir photo shoot package that Includes hair and makeup and had her do my hair and makeup like I would for wedding... AND then I planned for my bachelorette party to be that evening too! I killed 3 birds with 1 stone! I'm glad I did the trial as for my wedding I just wanted slightly different lip colors etc that suited me more.
    The team at Beauty Lux Salon also managed to get me in last minute for hair and makeup to be done exactly like my wedding for an adventure photo shoot we had two days after the wedding -which I highly recommend as I was so much more relaxed and probably more beautiful than on my wedding day because I wasn't sweating and dancing, and felt great with my hair and makeup picture perfect.

Award

Mara McMichael FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 45.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 35.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 45.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 35.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 85.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 55.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 55.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 85.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 85.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 85.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 55.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 55.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? No
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Assistant Fee, Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Mult. Stylists, Salon, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Extensions, Haircuts, Keratin, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair

Real Weddings

• Karen Loudon Photography
    Karen Loudon Photography Wedding Photographers

I've been recommending Mara to brides for years. She truly listens to what her clients want and the results are always incredible. She works quickly and efficiently and makes sure there is time for touch-ups and she never seemed stressed or rushed. Beyond the beautiful makeup, Mara is simply a pleasure to work with. She is an incredibly sweet person with a very calming presence. On what can be a stressful day, it is wonderful to have someone who is happy, relaxed, and attentive around. She is also my personal hairstylist and she was able to completely fix a horrible DIY coloring job I recently inflicted on myself! It was a miracle! I highly recommend Mara!

• 74-5614 Palani Road Front Suite, Front Suite Kailua Kona, Hawaii, 96740 See on map
    808-201-6392 (Phone number)
    808 769 3268 (Other Phone Number)