34 Gray Street, Portland, ME 04102 Map · Phone number
1 review
Guest capacity 1 to 200
Availability Check your date

About Maine Irish Heritage Center

Our stately, majestic building is a perfect venue for your unforgettable wedding day. The upper level (former sanctuary) has spectacular 60 foot cathedral ceilings, elegant wooden pews, a long traditional aisle, beautiful stained glass windows and historic bell will enthrall you and enchant your guests, creating a wedding celebration you will cherish forever!

The lower level, which is handicapped accessible, can accommodate up to 200 people with the option of round tables elegantly set for eight places. The lower level allows plenty of room for mingling and dancing.

Smaller rooms off the main sanctuary provide ample space for preparation and storage.

Wedding & Reception Fees:

104119778723492794961662627112322062194201n
10502149101527334210194255237004571893709532n

1 Reviews for Maine Irish Heritage Center

Monica · Married on 10/15/2016

I can't stress how wonderful this venue was.

Planning - The wonderful lady in charge - Pat - was more than willing to show us around and give us a history of the building. We had a non traditional wedding (horror themed) and she was receptive and excited for us! She answered any questions quickly, and even went above and beyond. Her sense of humor kept me sane throughout the whole planning process. The contract was clear, they recommended a great vendor for food (even though we ended up catering it ourselves), and the willingness to work with our other vendors time frames was fantastic.

The wedding/reception - Pat was a huge emotional support during this. From offering a neat decoration to add to the wedding, directing folks where they needed to go, helping out with various things needed (without being expected to), and making sure the place was spotless... it was done! She kept smiles on the guests face and made the experience even nicer! She worked with us to provide a "quiet" spot to allow our guests to go to get away from the noise of the wedding, and also to make sure out guests who needed special accommodations were well taken care of.

Clean up - Pat was VERY flexible on the clean up. Our crew was great, but our wedding had a lot of stuff. She worked with us on a schedule for us to get all our stuff, while still giving us a moment to breathe after the wedding.

Venue itself - Beautiful. All my guests were stunned by the architectural highlights of this building. It provides amazing acoustics, and I am sure more than one of my guests decided to sing in there! The pictures that I have of the sun coming through the stained glass windows as I walk down the isle take my breath away. They have done so many renovations to this building, and the money that you give to them for the venue (which, by the way, is the cheapest venue in Portland that I found) goes to renovating the building even more.

I love this place!

Maine Irish Heritage Center FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 200
  • What event services do you offer? Clean Up, Event Rentals
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Chairs, Drapery, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access

• 34 Gray Street Portland, 04102 See on map
    (207) 780-0118 (Phone number)