Durham, NC 27707 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 10

About Magical Weddings

Hi, my name is Carly Miller! I’m an ordained minister in the Universal Brotherhood Movement and excited to officiate weddings for any couple regardless of religious belief, gender, sexuality, race, culture, ability, size, class, or any other group. I hold an MTS from Duke Divinity School and love learning about any religious beliefs that are important to you, but am just as happy to perform a non-religious ceremony. I love being a part of geek/nerd culture, some of my favorite things are Harry Potter, Marvel, DC, Disney, and Star Trek and I would love incorporating those or any other passions into your wedding ceremony. I love celebrating love in whatever way is important to you. I completed the Equality Institute's course on LGBTQ+ weddings and I’m committed to using the correct names and pronouns for everyone and celebrating all gender expressions.

Basic Elopement Fee is $250 for an elopement ceremony chosen from a template

Custom Elopement Fee is $350 for a personlized ceremony including your choice of unity ceremonies, readings, your love story, or anything else you might want

Basic Wedding Fee is $350 for a cermony written by the couple or put together with my help using templates, includes rehearsal attendence

Custom Wedding Fee is $450 for a uniquely written ceremony by me, includes rehearsal attendence

Travel fees are $0.56 per mile for locations outside of the triangle, including separate trips for rehearsal and ceremony if needed

Please note I will be following COVID gathering guidelines for as long as they are in place.

• LGBTQ+-owned

Videos 2 Videos

17 Reviews for Magical Weddings

Tiffany T. · Married on 02/25/2021

Best Officiant ever!!!!

I was very pleased!!!! Carly fulfilled all our needs. She responded immediately when I had questions, she suggested things I had not thought of and most of all she was so uplifting and positive. I felt like I knew her. We did a small elopement due to our jobs overseas and had little time but, later we are going to have a large ceremony and we want her to be the officiant for that as well. Thank you, Carly for EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Sent on 02/28/2020

Magical Weddings's reply:

Thanks so much Tiffany! You and Melinda were both so sweet and I loved officiating your elopement and can’t wait for the big wedding next year!!

Jessica Z. · Married on 10/31/2020

Michael & Jessica's Hallowedding

Carly was phenomenal! She couldn't be kinder and more flexible if she tried. Covid really threw everyone for a loop and trying to throw a wedding together in two months was interesting to say the least. We had first met Carly at the Rainbow Wedding Network in Raleigh. My wife and I liked her instantly and knew she would be high on our list of wedding officiants. We were worried that because it was such short notice that we would not be able to book her. However, she was able to squeeze us in between the other weddings she was working with. She was very openminded and we loved how enthusiastic she was to learn and incorporate our Halloween themes and my wife's Pagan beliefs into a spooktacular affair. Even though she had never done a wedding with some of the ceremonies we incorporated we knew we were in good hands. She was a joy to work with, very professional, but approachable and always willing to work with us. We were not able to have the "dream" wedding we originally planned but with the help of Carly it turned out even better. If you find yourself with the opportunity to work with Carly, take it! Thanks again for making our day magical and beautiful.

Sent on 01/22/2021

Magical Weddings's reply:

Awww, thank y’all so much for your kind words, I absolutely loved being a part of your Hallowedding, it was so beautiful and y’all are such awesome people! I wish you all the best!

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Magical Weddings FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 350
  • Which of the following are included in the price?
    Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 250
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 100
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?
    $ 90
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Shinto
    Sikhism
    Taoist
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    NC
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

• Durham, NC, 27707 See on map
    252-629-5632 (Phone number)
    Location of (Magical Weddings)