Magical Weddings by Carly Reviews

17 | Durham, NC

17 Reviews for Magical Weddings by Carly

Haibei Z. · Getting married on 08/11/2021

Great experience

We had our wedding ceremony recently. Carly provided us a lot of help. She sent us a lot of references that we didn't have to prepare our wedding from scratch. Our wedding ceremony was great, we had a great experience!

Sent on 11/22/2020

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind review, I had such a fun time working with you and Fan and wish you all the best!

Tiffany T. · Married on 02/25/2021

Best Officiant ever!!!!

I was very pleased!!!! Carly fulfilled all our needs. She responded immediately when I had questions, she suggested things I had not thought of and most of all she was so uplifting and positive. I felt like I knew her. We did a small elopement due to our jobs overseas and had little time but, later we are going to have a large ceremony and we want her to be the officiant for that as well. Thank you, Carly for EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Sent on 02/28/2020

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thanks so much Tiffany! You and Melinda were both so sweet and I loved officiating your elopement and can’t wait for the big wedding next year!!

Jessica Z. · Married on 10/31/2020

Michael & Jessica's Hallowedding

Carly was phenomenal! She couldn't be kinder and more flexible if she tried. Covid really threw everyone for a loop and trying to throw a wedding together in two months was interesting to say the least. We had first met Carly at the Rainbow Wedding Network in Raleigh. My wife and I liked her instantly and knew she would be high on our list of wedding officiants. We were worried that because it was such short notice that we would not be able to book her. However, she was able to squeeze us in between the other weddings she was working with. She was very openminded and we loved how enthusiastic she was to learn and incorporate our Halloween themes and my wife's Pagan beliefs into a spooktacular affair. Even though she had never done a wedding with some of the ceremonies we incorporated we knew we were in good hands. She was a joy to work with, very professional, but approachable and always willing to work with us. We were not able to have the "dream" wedding we originally planned but with the help of Carly it turned out even better. If you find yourself with the opportunity to work with Carly, take it! Thanks again for making our day magical and beautiful.

Sent on 01/22/2021

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Awww, thank y’all so much for your kind words, I absolutely loved being a part of your Hallowedding, it was so beautiful and y’all are such awesome people! I wish you all the best!
  • F

Fan W. · Married on 10/18/2020

Great Wedding officiant

We are very happy of the easy process and communication with Carly. She made things easy for us and take our nervous away during the wedding. She answers to all our questions right away and provides great recommendations. She is very flexible and let us choose whatever we want in our wedding, we made several changes to the wedding time and she was happy to accommodate that. Thank you so much for making our wedding day memorable and all attended are happy.

Sent on 11/24/2020

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words, I had a wonderful time meeting and marrying you and Haibei and I wish you all the best in your life together!

Margaret F. · Married on 10/17/2020

Outstanding

Carly was great to work with. Due to COVID our plans had to change some, and Carly was super easy to work with, very responsive. We loved the ceremony she wrote, it was meaningful and sweet without being outdated. Even some of our friends commented on how much they liked it! She gave us the option to write our own vows, however we loved the ones she provided. She also was willing to work with any unity ceremony we wanted. 100% recommend.

Sent on 11/14/2020

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, I loved working with you and Trevor! You and your friends and family were so sweet and fun! I wish you all the best!
  • Dana

Dana S. · Married on 08/01/2020

Magical Beyond Belief!

Carly was the perfect officiant for us as an LGBTQ couple who also decided to include our fur babies in the wedding! They helped us create a ceremony that matched our interests and desires and truly reflected our love. Their pricing was reasonable and their communication was top notch!

Sent on 01/24/2021

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, working with you and Hannah (and pups Luna and Rosie) was an absolute delight! I wish you all the best!

Stefanie M. · Married on 07/24/2020

Beautiful ceremony

Carly truly helped make our day incredibly special! She was prompt and responsive during the preparation phases, and even stayed up late the night before our wedding and emailed with us back and forth because my fiancé and I decided we wanted to add a unity celebration to the ceremony last minute. The best part about Carly was how genuine, caring, and personable she is. Highly recommend her!!

Sent on 08/16/2020

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words, I had so much fun with you and Cas, y’all are hilarious! I wish you all the best!

Jennifer R. · Married on 06/13/2020

As perfect as could be

Carly is a fantastic officiant! My husband and I instantly fell in love with her bubbly personality, extensive knowledge, and eagerness to please. When our initial plans were derailed due to Covid-19, Carly was able to accommodate our new plans and make our wedding absolutely magical. She also gets bonus points for having a love of all things nerdy and helping us with non-traditional vows that included quotes from our favorite movies!

Sent on 06/26/2020

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, I had such a fun time working with you and Matt! I wish you all the best, to infinity and beyond!

Amanda · Married on 05/09/2020

Easygoing, joyous

Carly was a pleasure to work with, from outset to finish. She has both the joy-filled persona and professional gravitas fitting of a wedding day. Her willingness to embrace LGBT weddings is at the forefront of her website and advertising materials- an important one for us, when so many vendors seem to not realize June 2015 happened. She helped us create a ceremony that was perfect for us and our story. I'd originally had doubts about having a "stranger" perform the ceremony, but Carly made it all feel familiar and natural.

Sent on 01/12/2021

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, I loved working with you and Michelle, you are both such awesome, kind, fun individuals and looked so beautiful on your wedding day! I wish you all the best!

Kaitlyn C. · Married on 02/22/2020

Lighthearted and professional

Carly was wonderful! She was incredibly easy to work with and able to handle our tight deadline. She's friendly, easy to talk to and I'd absolutely recommend her, especially if you're looking for a ceremony that's lighthearted and fun.

Sent on 02/27/2020

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! I had so much fun with you and Nick and your family! Wishing you all the best!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer F. · Married on 11/02/2019

Fantastic Experience!

Carly was a pleasure to work with. She was able to accommodate all of our requests and work with our family.
    I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/08/2019

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review Jennifer! I loved working with you and Holly and all your fun kids and family! It was truly a wonderful day!
  • Tabitha

Tabitha · Married on 10/19/2019

Our ceremony was perfect!

Carly was so great to work with! She was so patient and helpful during all of our conversations. We weren't entirely sure what we wanted for our ceremony but Carly gave some great suggestions and sent us examples to look over to make our decision. She kept our ceremony lighthearted and fun, just like we wanted!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind review Tabitha! I had so much fun working with you and Ben and wish you all the best!

Amy C. · Married on 10/12/2019

Carly is so wonderful!

As sci-fi and video game nerds, Carly was the PERFECT officiant for our wedding! I would recommend Carly regardless because it was apparent from our first appointment that she has a genuine interest in who we are as a couple and how the ceremony would reflect “us”. We really enjoyed working with her and can’t thank her enough for her part in making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thanks so much Amy! I had a wonderful time working and celebrating with you and Chris, I feel lucky I got to work with such a fun couple!

Joanna D. · Married on 05/09/2019

Warm and comfortable

Carly was beyond amazing —made the day so special despite such short notice (day before!) arrived to grooms family home and jumped right into the festivities and added to a feeling of love and warmth. So thankful for her contribution and role in helping create such a special moment that will be always remembered.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thank you so much Joanna! It was truly a joy to participate in Taylor and Sarah’s union, such a beautiful family full of love!

Mike N. · Married on 12/22/2018

Carly is truly magical!

Carly was great and the perfect wedding officiant for us! We decided to be married in Duke Forest with close family and our dogs, and Carly made sure everything went smoothly and delivered a wonderful experience from start to finish. She was very responsive, flexible, understanding and helpful from the first time we reached out to her. Carly provided great ideas of how to personalize our ceremony and food for thought as we planned our special day. We highly recommend her for a wonderful and organic experience. As her business name suggests, she really did make our wedding magical!

Sent on 12/24/2018

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind review Mike! I had so much fun working with you, Wendy, and your sweet pups! Best wishes always!
  • Y

Yadany · Married on 12/02/2018

experience was great, made it so easy and special.

She was very helpful all the time, even though we contact her couple weeks before our wedding. She is very flexible with the meeting times. I recommend her!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Magical Weddings by Carly's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. I loved working with you, Salvador, and your beautiful children.