1632 Wisconsin Ave NW Second Floor, Washington, DC 20007 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About Lovely Bride

DIRECTORY STATEMENTS

SPECIALTIES:

As the OG indie bridal shop, established in 2010, Lovely Bride redefined the wedding dress shopping experience by being the first to stock undiscovered designers who offer the freshest bridal fashion. Original designs by ingenious designers is still our M.O. today, because we think you deserve the real deal.

Lovely Bride is the most exclusive, INCLUSIVE Bride Club. We provide an uplifting and empowering wedding dress shopping experience to all brides who are seeking to buy from a company with heart. Lovely celebrates body positivity and favors designers who offer dresses in an inclusive size range. We believe in transparency, empowerment, and women supporting women. We are a community, #ourlovelies.

We know that you will find our Lovely DC location, opened in 2013 in the Georgetown neighborhood, to be a refreshing haven that always delivers a good time and the best dresses. Here are a few details about our DC location below:

-Prices Range: $2000-$5000

-Made-to-order Lead Times: 4-6 months

-Sample Sizes: 8-12 and 14-22 (select styles)

-Designer Selection: Alexandra Grecco, Rue De Seine, Made with Love, Lovers Society, Jenny Yoo, Louvienne, Sarah Seven, Theia, Vagabond, Emmy Mae, Studio Levana, Suzanne Neville

-By Appointment Only

HISTORY:

Established in 2010

We opened Lovely Bride as a haven for brides who wanted a wedding dress shopping experience that felt fun and laid-back, while showcasing the coolest indie designers that weren't so 'available'. Fashion industry veteran, Lanie List, had experience building lifestyle brands, so she set out to create that Lovely Life, with Instagram-worthy shops, a blog about wedding fashion, and a loyal following of brides and brand fans we call #ourlovelies. Word spread about the new way we were doing bridal, which brought us a lot of attention, including love from smart women around the country who wanted a Lovely in their town. So Lanie decided to franchise Lovely, since she loved the idea of helping women get into business. Today, Lovely is a collective of 18 individually-owned bridal shops, run by entrepreneurial, hardworking women who care deeply about offering a personalized and locally-focused experience. By shopping at Lovely, you shop local, independent and women-owned. Good on you!

537a9606 51 621160 1564155732

Lovely Bride 7
  • Emily

Emily Zeller · Getting married on 06/06/2020

Fantastic experience at Lovely Bride DC

After trying on dresses at two other salons, I had the most wonderful experience at Lovely Bride with Tabby. She took the time to get to know me and what I was envisioning. She found THE perfect dress for me, but did not pressure me to buy it at that first appointment. I came back for a second appointment about a month later, and I was so happy that Tabby was there to help me solidify and buy my perfect dress. Thank you, Lovely Bride and Tabby!

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Lovely Bride 8

Rachel · Married on 06/01/2019

It Does Not Get Better Than Lovely Bride

I had the perfect experience at Lovely. I had been to 3 stores my first day of shopping and started the second day at Lovely. Not only is the store beautiful, but their staff are extremely friendly, attentive, and helpful. The first dress I tried on ended up being the one, but my consultant was super helpful when I wanted to keep trying on other things to be sure. The selection is beautiful - lots of unique styles that felt both bridal and modern. Picking up the dress was easy as well and they were flexible to fit me in when my mom and sister were in town. I rave about Lovely to everyone - if you can, make it your first stop!

Sent on 06/21/2019
    Lovely Bride 9
    Lovely Bride 10
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/10/2019

Obsessed!!

I don’t even know where to begin. Best day of my life. My stylist clearly reviewed the in-depth profile I filled our prior to the appointment because she pulled three gorgeous dresses from the designer I’m obsessed with, one of them was even one I’d pinned on Pinterest before. She was so knowledgeable and helpful, she knew exactly what look I was going for but pulled a few “wild cards” just to make me try some different styles. I fell absolutely in love with the first dress I had tried on (the one she pulled and the one from my Pinterest board) and even though it was just slightly over budget, they were willing to work with me when it came to accessories. I’m so happy and seriously counting down the minutes to the day I can wear my dress again!

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Lovely Bride 11
    Lovely Bride 12
    Lovely Bride 13

Lovely Bride FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $2,500 - $3,999, $4,000 - $6,499
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Appointments Only, Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Veils
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns? Seasonally