1632 Wisconsin Ave NW Second Floor, Washington, DC 20007 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About Lovely Bride

DIRECTORY STATEMENTS

SPECIALTIES:

As the OG indie bridal shop, established in 2010, Lovely Bride redefined the wedding dress shopping experience by being the first to stock undiscovered designers who offer the freshest bridal fashion. Original designs by ingenious designers is still our M.O. today, because we think you deserve the real deal.

Lovely Bride is the most exclusive, INCLUSIVE Bride Club. We provide an uplifting and empowering wedding dress shopping experience to all brides who are seeking to buy from a company with heart. Lovely celebrates body positivity and favors designers who offer dresses in an inclusive size range. We believe in transparency, empowerment, and women supporting women. We are a community, #ourlovelies.

We know that you will find our Lovely DC location, opened in 2013 in the Georgetown neighborhood, to be a refreshing haven that always delivers a good time and the best dresses. Here are a few details about our DC location below:

-Prices Range: $2000-$5000

-Made-to-order Lead Times: 4-6 months

-Sample Sizes: 8-12 and 14-22 (select styles)

-Designer Selection: Alexandra Grecco, Rue De Seine, Made with Love, Lovers Society, Jenny Yoo, Louvienne, Sarah Seven, Theia, Vagabond, Emmy Mae, Studio Levana, Suzanne Neville

-By Appointment Only

HISTORY:

Established in 2010

We opened Lovely Bride as a haven for brides who wanted a wedding dress shopping experience that felt fun and laid-back, while showcasing the coolest indie designers that weren't so 'available'. Fashion industry veteran, Lanie List, had experience building lifestyle brands, so she set out to create that Lovely Life, with Instagram-worthy shops, a blog about wedding fashion, and a loyal following of brides and brand fans we call #ourlovelies. Word spread about the new way we were doing bridal, which brought us a lot of attention, including love from smart women around the country who wanted a Lovely in their town. So Lanie decided to franchise Lovely, since she loved the idea of helping women get into business. Today, Lovely is a collective of 18 individually-owned bridal shops, run by entrepreneurial, hardworking women who care deeply about offering a personalized and locally-focused experience. By shopping at Lovely, you shop local, independent and women-owned. Good on you!

• Gilda's Bridal Collection

Lovely Bride 5
  • Emily

Emily Zeller · Getting married on 06/06/2020

Fantastic experience at Lovely Bride DC

After trying on dresses at two other salons, I had the most wonderful experience at Lovely Bride with Tabby. She took the time to get to know me and what I was envisioning. She found THE perfect dress for me, but did not pressure me to buy it at that first appointment. I came back for a second appointment about a month later, and I was so happy that Tabby was there to help me solidify and buy my perfect dress. Thank you, Lovely Bride and Tabby!

Lovely Bride 6
    Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Macey

Macey Sevcik · Married on 11/16/2019

Great experience finding the perfect dress!

We had a great experience with the team at Lovely bride - they made sure they understood what I was looking for (and took into consideration what actually looked good on me) and I ended up with the most unexpectedly perfect dress!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 11/15/2019

Best bridal experience !

Words can’t express how great my entire experience was with lovely bride DC! From the gorgeous decor to the personalized customer service, this boutique is a bride’s dream dress stop. I ended up purchasing my dream dress from them & couldn’t have imagined anything else. I have already had two other friends schedule appointments there. They are a must! Xx

Lovely Bride 7
    Lovely Bride 8
    Sent on 11/21/2019

Lovely Bride FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    $2,500 - $3,999
    $4,000 - $6,499
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Appointments Only
    Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Bridal Gowns
    Hair Accessories
    Jewelry
    Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    Less than 6 months
    6-8 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Seasonally
  • What is your return policy?
    Final Sales