172 5th Avenue No.8, Brooklyn, NY 11217 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 7

About Leah Coloff, Solo Cello and Voice

I love bringing the elegance and beauty of the cello to the special events in people’s lives, especially weddings!

A diverse range of music is at my fingertips from traditional favorites such as Pachelbel’s Canon and Handel’s Water Music to The American Songbook featuring lovelies like “Isn’t It Romantic”, “Blue Moon”, “The Rose Room” , to contemporary songs such as, “In My Life”, “Love Song” by The Cure, “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder.

I like to meet with you personally and communicate closely with you until you feel we've chosen the perfect musical selections for your  special day.

As a conservatory trained classical musician with tremendous versatility, I have played professionally in New York City for the past 15 years in a variety of ensembles and a multitude of New York venues from Carnegie Hall, BAM, Joe's Pub, to Mercury Lounge.

I’ve had the pleasure to work with some great musicians along the way:  David Bowie, Rufus Wainwright, Trey Anastasio, Phillip Glass, Ziggy Marley, Linda Thompson, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, Michael Cerveris, Patty Smith, among others…

I specialize in the intimate, unique wedding, but want you to know that I have the energy and musical vitality to fill any space!

Also accompanying me to any event is a sense of style, professionalism, and a gratitude for the privilege to be taking part in such a significant moment in your life!

Sincerely,

Photos 5 Photos
Videos 2 Videos

9 Reviews for Leah Coloff, Solo Cello and Voice

Cosima · Married on 06/24/2017

Leah's playing was gorgeous and she made the ceremony that much more ethereal and lovely with her skill. Accommodating and helpful throughout the process, I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 07/24/2017

T · Married on 10/01/2016

Leah's performance at out wedding was absolutely beautiful!! She and her quartet truly helped created the elegant, romantic, and fun mood we wanted. Leah is an incredibly talented musician and can play almost any type of music you would like. Personally, she is kind, professional, and very easy to work with. From the moment we began discussing my wedding, Leah was also an endless source of creative direction and support. I look forward to working with Leah again, and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/19/2017

Leah and the guitarist she chose to play with her were the perfect musicians for our ceremony. She was consistently respnsive and incredibly professional throughout the whole process and went above and beyond to find the right songs for us. The music was elegant, fun, and playful when approproate. She also respnded to some last minute needs we had for music during the actual ceremony by choosing the perfect song and working with our officiant the day-of, while making sure nothing stressed me out. Our guests were really impressed and Leah helped make the ceremony one of the most joyful ever. We couldn't recommend her more highly.

Sent on 03/26/2016

Leah Coloff, Solo Cello and Voice FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?
    $ 300.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 375
    Ceremony Music
    Cocktail Hour Music
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Instrumental - Solo
    Instrumental - Duo
    Instrumental - Trio
    String - Trio
    String - Quartet
    String - Quintet
    Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Cello
    Flute
    Guitar
    Piano
    Violin

• 172 5th Avenue No.8 Brooklyn, 11217 See on map
    Location of (Leah Coloff, Solo Cello and Voice)