39 West 29th St. Suite 611, New York, NY 10001 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 11

About KC Makeup by Karuna Chani

MAKE UP IS MAGIC!!

Karuna Chani is an internationally recognized and accomplished make up artist, image and skin care consultant.

Karuna's introduction to the world of beauty and fashion started at an early age when she spent countless hours reading women's fashion and health magazines. She became fascinated with the transformation one could achieve through make up and clothes. This passion for the industry led her to Parsons School of Design where her dreams included following in the foot steps of Marc Jacobs and Badgley Mischka. As a fashion student, she designed for the fashion runways and learned how make up and skin care are an integral part of creating a designer's vision. At this moment, she decided to focus on her life long love for the beauty industry and never looked backed.

In 2002, she moved to Southeast Asia where she opened her first makeup studio. Her international clientele included women from Singapore, India, Bali, Thailand and Hong Kong. In addition to opening her first makeup studio she freelanced for luxury beauty lines such as Guerlain and Make Up Forever. The fashion and beauty press stood up and took notice and soon Karuna's work was being featured in magazines such as Vogue India Ed., Cosmopolitan Indonesia Ed., Femina and Hello India Ed.

In 2005, Karuna returned to New York City to work as a makeup artist for Giorgio Armani cosmetics, NARS and Chanel. In addition to working with these prestigious brands, Karuna collaborated with jewelry designer Amrita Singh and worked on various projects with renowned photographers; Ian Cuttler, James Weber and Charudutt Chitrak..

Most recently, Karuna was highlighted in Marie Claire - India Ed. "Big Beauty" feature for their December 2010 issue with famous photographer Anushka Menon.

In addition to her private clients and fashion industry work, Karuna has been involved with charitable events such as Sunflower Children Funds, Indo-American Arts Council, Inc. and Reach 2010 showcasing fashion designer Satya Paul's 2011 collection.

Karuna is available to travel on location and welcomes you to view a portfolio of her work.

Follow KC Makeup by Karuna Chani on

5y h3gwu0aio83tuoq6quyqme3p4wrjsaj1onqlh5ek

• Videos 1

57 Reviews for KC Makeup by Karuna Chani

Mary · Married on 05/12/2018

Karuna is a perfectionist. Her work is not only gorgeous but current with beauty trends. As a bride, I had my full trust in her. I have to say that she did not disappoint. I still look back at my wedding photos and gasp! I never looked and felt more beautiful and true to myself. She didn't change my look- she enhanced it. That is what every bride can hope for. I would love to work with Karuna again in the future (and have no doubt that I will). Thank you Karuna for your talents. You're a true artist.

KC Makeup by Karuna Chani 1

Sippy · Married on 10/06/2017

Awaiting to sit in the glam chair for my wedding events was something I was looking forward to for more than a year and a half. Being a KC-Bride was a whole other experience - I have never felt more beautiful in my entire life. Working with you two over the past week has allowed me to stare in the mirror a few seconds longer and appreciate the magnificently detailed work of art you both provided to your blank canvas. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It was an honor working together. My recommendations of you will be given to every one of my friends and family. I hope you feel proud in making this bride truly and indefinitely, FLAWLESS.

Thank you!

Sent on 10/15/2017

KC Makeup by Karuna Chani's reply:

Thank you so much for kind & lovely review! xoox KC Makeup

Kripa · Married on 09/30/2017

Karuna and her team were absolutely amazing!!! They listened and took everything I had wanted for my big day into consideration. Not only did I love the way I looked, Karuna and her team were super professional every step of the way. When I finally received all my wedding pictures it was easy to see that I felt beautiful. I would not change a thing! Their service was worth every penny and I would highly recommend them for any occasion.

KC Makeup by Karuna Chani FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 25.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 150.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 100.00
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Extensions, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 3

• Stella Fatale
    Stella Fatale Wedding Hair & Makeup

Karuna is without a doubt one of the greatest makeup artists I have ever seen. She is not only talented but also incredibly professional and a focused director of cultural traditions and a calm and organized presence keeping detailed weddings on track. It was a pleasure working with Karuna and I look forward to future events with her. She is a top recommendation for any bride!

• Preeti Exclusive Events
    Preeti Exclusive Events Wedding Planners

As an event planner, one is mindful about the vendors they select that will play a role in timing, professionalism and communication. Karuna is my 'go-to' artist for any bride needing glamorous services for their big day. I have seen her complete traditional to modern styles for brides and mothers with ease. I recommend KC Makeup to anyone that wants that "wow" factor!

• 39 West 29th St., Suite 611 New York, NY 10001 See on map
    917.478.9965 (Phone number)
    9174789965 (Other Phone Number)