39 West 29th St. Suite 611, New York, NY 10001 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 11

About KC Makeup by Karuna Chani

MAKE UP IS MAGIC!!

Karuna Chani is an internationally recognized and accomplished make up artist, image and skin care consultant.

Karuna's introduction to the world of beauty and fashion started at an early age when she spent countless hours reading women's fashion and health magazines. She became fascinated with the transformation one could achieve through make up and clothes. This passion for the industry led her to Parsons School of Design where her dreams included following in the foot steps of Marc Jacobs and Badgley Mischka. As a fashion student, she designed for the fashion runways and learned how make up and skin care are an integral part of creating a designer's vision. At this moment, she decided to focus on her life long love for the beauty industry and never looked backed.

In 2002, she moved to Southeast Asia where she opened her first makeup studio. Her international clientele included women from Singapore, India, Bali, Thailand and Hong Kong. In addition to opening her first makeup studio she freelanced for luxury beauty lines such as Guerlain and Make Up Forever. The fashion and beauty press stood up and took notice and soon Karuna's work was being featured in magazines such as Vogue India Ed., Cosmopolitan Indonesia Ed., Femina and Hello India Ed.

In 2005, Karuna returned to New York City to work as a makeup artist for Giorgio Armani cosmetics, NARS and Chanel. In addition to working with these prestigious brands, Karuna collaborated with jewelry designer Amrita Singh and worked on various projects with renowned photographers; Ian Cuttler, James Weber and Charudutt Chitrak..

Most recently, Karuna was highlighted in Marie Claire - India Ed. "Big Beauty" feature for their December 2010 issue with famous photographer Anushka Menon.

In addition to her private clients and fashion industry work, Karuna has been involved with charitable events such as Sunflower Children Funds, Indo-American Arts Council, Inc. and Reach 2010 showcasing fashion designer Satya Paul's 2011 collection.

Karuna is available to travel on location and welcomes you to view a portfolio of her work.

Follow KC Makeup by Karuna Chani on

KC Makeup by Karuna Chani 2
KC Makeup by Karuna Chani 3

Mojgan Rastegar · Getting married on 02/04/2020

Dream Wedding Make Up Experience

My wedding seems like yesterday, and I think it will forever feel so palpable. The feeling of elation mixed with bliss, confidence, and pure joy persists even now, and I have Karuna Chani and her talented team to thank for it. She made me feel like the most important person in the world with her precise eye for details, soft yet strong touch, and ability to pull out my personality and who I am on the canvas that is the human face. On top of all of this, she and her team made every woman near and dear to me, my sisters and mom, feel exactly the same way. Everyone was glowing from the inside because of the experience Karuna and the team gifted us from the outside.

I vividly remember my mom, who is somewhat soft-spoken and shy, open up to Karuna about her fall and the way is bruised her face. With sensitivity, she made her feel so comfortable and delicately applied the make up to her tender face so she was pain-free. Each and every one of us felt at home in the team’s hands because they are so professional, positive, and fun. I also remember over 400 people waiting for me downstairs along with trigger-happy photographers and the team reduced the stress with their jokes, smiles, and get-it-down attitude. If I could turn back time and have the wedding all over again, I would pick Karuna in a heartbeat. In fact, the incredible photos just arrived, and seeing my face, my loved ones’ faces, and the light in our eyes, we are able to relive that night. I recommend Karuna to all my friends and hope our paths cross again!

Sent on 05/14/2019

KC Makeup by Karuna Chani's reply:

O.M.G...I am speechless. You brought me to tears. This is just so beautiful. Can't thank you enough for being so kind & generous. We absolutely loved working with you as well! Such a pleasure. And yes...we shall def meet again! 100%!!

Krishna · Married on 07/15/2018

Phenomenal!

I have truly never felt as beautiful as I did that day. All our family and friends continue to rave about how well done our hair, makeup, and dressing were done. Every time I look at the pictures, I tell my husband that I don't think I will ever look as beautiful as I did that day. I felt every part of my being glow from inside to out. I'm not normally the most confident person in my skin and I'm sure you may have felt that from me the morning of, but you both put me at ease with your incredible skill sets and just overall warm personalities. You're both extremely professional about your work but definitely can make those morning jitters turn into belly laughs. I appreciate the time and effort you put into not only prepping for the events themselves but in helping guide me with tips that I can use in the future as well for healthier skin and hair.

This day wasn't just about me, it was about all the people who made me who I am, and to see my mom in her element was really amazing. She never gets to take the time to be pampered and dolled up so it was nice to see her enjoy every moment. You were so amazing to the both of us I can't put into words how happy we are to have worked with such incredible women. My mom is already planning for when my brother gets married to work with you again!

I am extremely grateful I am to have had the opportunity to work with you both. I now have memories I will cherish for a lifetime! The childhood dork inside me dreaming of that beautiful wedding with the love of her life can't thank you enough for making her feel so radiant. You both are a huge part of making that dream come true! Thank you so much!

Sent on 01/17/2019
    KC Makeup by Karuna Chani 4

KC Makeup by Karuna Chani's reply:

In all my 18years of being in the wedding industry never have I been moved or shed a tear. This one was is a tear jerker. So kind. So generous. What a beautiful soul you are. Lots of love. Always.

Mary · Married on 05/12/2018

Karuna is a perfectionist. Her work is not only gorgeous but current with beauty trends. As a bride, I had my full trust in her. I have to say that she did not disappoint. I still look back at my wedding photos and gasp! I never looked and felt more beautiful and true to myself. She didn't change my look- she enhanced it. That is what every bride can hope for. I would love to work with Karuna again in the future (and have no doubt that I will). Thank you Karuna for your talents. You're a true artist.

Sent on 08/07/2018
    KC Makeup by Karuna Chani 5

KC Makeup by Karuna Chani's reply:

First an inquiry, then a bride and now a dear friend. One of my favs for 2018! Had so much fun working with you. I was just as excited as you! ha ha! xoxo

KC Makeup by Karuna Chani FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 25.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 150.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 100.00
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Extensions, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 3

• Stella Fatale
    Stella Fatale Wedding Hair & Makeup

Karuna is without a doubt one of the greatest makeup artists I have ever seen. She is not only talented but also incredibly professional and a focused director of cultural traditions and a calm and organized presence keeping detailed weddings on track. It was a pleasure working with Karuna and I look forward to future events with her. She is a top recommendation for any bride!

• Preeti Exclusive Events
    Preeti Exclusive Events Wedding Planners

As an event planner, one is mindful about the vendors they select that will play a role in timing, professionalism and communication. Karuna is my 'go-to' artist for any bride needing glamorous services for their big day. I have seen her complete traditional to modern styles for brides and mothers with ease. I recommend KC Makeup to anyone that wants that "wow" factor!

• 39 West 29th St., Suite 611 New York, 10001 See on map
    917.478.9965 (Phone number)
    9174789965 (Other Phone Number)