Katherine Joy Photography and Video

Nashville, TN 37216 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,000
Availability Check your date

About Katherine Joy Photography and Video

You know what’s great about being an adult? You can eat whatever you want. Like just straight-up carbs for dinner and call it a meal. No one can yell at you because you’re in charge.

But you know what’s great about being a kid? They see the magic in everything. Their imaginations turn everyday occurrences into epic adventures.

I try to live my life on the edge of adulthood. Not because I’m not good at it, because I am (what up taxes?!). But because I never want my spirit to feel a day past childhood.

That’s how our team photographs. We find magic wherever we go : the look you give each other when no one else is around. Like your mom tearing up as you get zipped into your dress. And the dance party you needed with your bridesmaids right before the ceremony. Or when your dad can’t hold it together as he walks you down the aisle. Or when you sneak away to the bar to take a shot with your BFF during the reception. Or when your best man rips the seam of his pants doing the wobble. We'll get that moment because we'll be dancing right next to him.

There is little we won’t do to get someone to open up and be goofy in front of our camera.

We work so hard to make people comfortable in front of the camera. But you probably won’t notice the effort because of how easy we will make it look and how much fun we will be having together.

This philosophy keeps our job fun. It keeps us smiling through any stress, and challenges at at every wedding. It also allows us to photograph the inner-kid in every couple.

So let’s hang out. We'll show you our goofy if you show us yours.

Follow Katherine Joy Photography and Video on

Dramatic Portraits
Dramatic Portraits
Mama getttin the feels!
Mama getttin the feels!
Because Details Matter Too!
Because Details Matter Too!

22 Reviews for Katherine Joy Photography and Video

Katherine Joy Photography and Video 6
Katherine Joy Photography and Video 7

Jessica Hutchinson · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing- best photographer ever

Seriously Katherine Joy Photo is the only choice to capture your wedding day. Her communication throughout the whole process was amazing, I truly felt like she was just as invested in our wedding as I was. Her work is amazing, you won’t be disappointed!

Katherine Joy Photography and Video 8
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/01/2018

Super fun and amazing quality work!!

We had Katherine shoot both our engagement photos and wedding and we could not be happier about that decision!! She was great at keeping the energy up and made us feel extra comfortable about being in front of a camera. Katherine's knowledge about photography and lighting was also something that stood out to me, she was all about giving us the best tips when it came to deciding on location and timing for our sessions based on the lighting. She has such an artistic eye, but also is great at capturing all of the moments of your wedding. I loved Katherine's communication throughout the year from our engagement to wedding date - through her facebook group to custom emails providing tips and to dos, it was easy for me to feel confident that Katherine had our backs. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer for their engagement or wedding!!

Katherine Joy Photography and Video 9
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 14
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 15
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/25/2018

We knew after our first phone call with Kat that we made the right decision. First of all, she's fun and hilarious. Her attitude and excitement make any photo session perfect. She takes away any nerves or awkwardness you might have had. Secondly, her talent DUH! All of photos are gorgeous and she captured amazing moments and memories for us! We loved her artistic eye and collaboration between abstract and traditional, which can be tough in wedding photos. But she does it right! She was the easiest and most helpful and organized vendor we worked with. Instead of just shooting back regurgitated answers to our questions, she took the time to answer them based on our wedding specifically. She also was the first to talk to us about timeline and help me work out kinks in our plan. We've already gotten our photos back and we can't wait to see the video! We love them so much! I can't recommend her enough and will continue to recommend to all my friends for their weddings.

Katherine Joy Photography and Video FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,995.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, One Event / Day, Albums, Prints, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Video, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Prints