Katherine Joy Photography and Video Reviews

Katherine Joy Photography and Video 6
Katherine Joy Photography and Video 7
  • Abigayle

Abigayle Horrell · Married on 01/19/2019

Best money we spent for our wedding!

Katherine is unbelievable. We used her for our engagement shoot in NYC, our wedding in Nashville, our wedding portraits the day after our wedding, and for our film.

What I appreciated so much about Katherine's work is that the gallery is 50% gorgeous, well composed, beautiful pictures and the other half is real life and captured our personalities, our family, and our friends.

So many photographers only focus on the first and miss the second. It’s so so clear that Kat's background is in film because our photo gallery plays like a movie, subplots and all. We loved that we used her team for both photo and video because the aesthetic is consistent across multiple mediums.

I am an extreme over planner and she indulged my few bridezilla moments day of with grace. Our engagement and day after portrait sessions were relaxed, fun, and some of our favorite memories. Kat and her whole team are a blast and so many people commented after the wedding about how fun they were. To top it all off, we received a 100 photo preview gallery 48 hours after our wedding. And she shot our portraits in that 48 hours as well. Unheard of.

I knew I wanted Katherine a year before I even got engaged and she was pretty much the first thing we booked after our planner. Her rates were extremely reasonable for the package we were given and the sheer volume of images we received. Photo was one of the top priorities for our wedding and Kat blew it out of the park.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Russell · Married on 12/15/2018

I went in to the wedding experience nervous about awkward pictures and it taking away from the experience and I was SO wrong.

Katherine and Team captured the most beautiful moments while making the experience comfortable, fun, and unique. I am blown away by how talented Katherine is and am grateful for the pictures we will have and share.

Sent on 04/10/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 12/15/2018

Best Decision Ever...

I started searching for wedding photographers WELL before I had considered a wedding venue. It was a priority in my wedding planning and I wanted to have beautiful photos and memories that accurately represented everything we were feeling during our wedding. I researched for weeks and found myself pouring over every photographer’s portfolio and Instagram feed. Finding Katherine Joy Photography was the best thing to have happened!

Katherine’s passion is presented through the beauty of her work. Her artistry managed to catch the essence of our wedding. When I look through our wedding albums, I am instantly transported back to our wedding day reliving the moment! We first met Katherine for our engagement pictures in the mountains. My husband and I are not necessarily comfortable in front of the camera… Katherine made us feel like we were hiking up a mountain with a friend. She has a true gift of making you feel so calm in an otherwise ‘awkward’ environment. Because of this gift (and her talent for gentle coaching around posing) our photos are something that I will forever cherish as a true depiction of who we are and how we felt about each other that day.
    Luckily, that same sentiment was echoed for our wedding day. The small moments that Katherine and team were able to (discreetly) capture throughout the day are a true representation of freezing a feeling in a photo. Not only that, Katherine and Lauren had the perfect balance of hanging back to capture moments and stepping in to get down on the dance floor with our guests (see pics attached!)

Booking Katherine for our wedding was a decision that came with not one second of regret. The say your wedding is one of the best days of your life and I am SO glad that we can look back at these fantastic pictures and feel the same love that was radiating through the room amongst ourselves, our family, and all our loved ones on that special day.

Thank you Katherine.

Katherine Joy Photography and Video 18
  • Kailey

Kailey · Married on 11/17/2018

Incredible

Katherine was the photographer of our dreams! She has this magic power of making everyone she comes in contact with feel instantly comfortable, which was so important to us. She naturally captures the beauty of each moment she spends with you. Katherine guided us to ensure that each "pose" felt natural - and to be honest it didn't feel like any of our photos were posed. She sets the most positive, upbeat and energetic vibe as soon as she walks through the door, and truly reminds you to enjoy the engagement season & wedding day! She was EASILY the BEST decision I made throughout my entire wedding planning process. She was extremely organized, prepared and SO good about staying on schedule, yet never rushed us! She made group pictures with 30+ people feel like a breeze!!! Throughout our wedding day I barely noticed her skipping around catching every single special moment. All I have to say is trust Katherine - she has an eye for AMAZING backdrops/settings. Everyone from our wedding has commented on how funny, friendly and amazing she was! She makes it a point to interact with everyone and I just loved it! I honestly can't say enough about how freaking incredible she not only as a photographer but has a person. She has the kindest soul and pours her heart into her work and it absolutely shows. My sister-in-law hired her for her upcoming wedding as soon as she saw how amazing her work was from our wedding day. Katherine and our engagement/wedding photos will always be near and dear to us!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Jessica Hutchinson · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing- best photographer ever

Seriously Katherine Joy Photo is the only choice to capture your wedding day. Her communication throughout the whole process was amazing, I truly felt like she was just as invested in our wedding as I was. Her work is amazing, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/28/2018
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 19
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/01/2018

Super fun and amazing quality work!!

We had Katherine shoot both our engagement photos and wedding and we could not be happier about that decision!! She was great at keeping the energy up and made us feel extra comfortable about being in front of a camera. Katherine's knowledge about photography and lighting was also something that stood out to me, she was all about giving us the best tips when it came to deciding on location and timing for our sessions based on the lighting. She has such an artistic eye, but also is great at capturing all of the moments of your wedding. I loved Katherine's communication throughout the year from our engagement to wedding date - through her facebook group to custom emails providing tips and to dos, it was easy for me to feel confident that Katherine had our backs. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer for their engagement or wedding!!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 25
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 26
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/25/2018

We knew after our first phone call with Kat that we made the right decision. First of all, she's fun and hilarious. Her attitude and excitement make any photo session perfect. She takes away any nerves or awkwardness you might have had. Secondly, her talent DUH! All of photos are gorgeous and she captured amazing moments and memories for us! We loved her artistic eye and collaboration between abstract and traditional, which can be tough in wedding photos. But she does it right! She was the easiest and most helpful and organized vendor we worked with. Instead of just shooting back regurgitated answers to our questions, she took the time to answer them based on our wedding specifically. She also was the first to talk to us about timeline and help me work out kinks in our plan. We've already gotten our photos back and we can't wait to see the video! We love them so much! I can't recommend her enough and will continue to recommend to all my friends for their weddings.

Sent on 10/01/2018

jessica · Married on 07/21/2018

Best photographer in the world

My husband and I had Katherine as our photographer for our engagement pics, wedding photographer, and videographer. She was absolutely amazing and as soon as I met her I felt like I had known her for years. She also did some boudoir pics for me and normally I would've been super awk but she made me laugh and the pics came out great!
    Hire her, you won't regret it.
    Also my sister had her as her wedding photographer as well bc she was so obsessed with how our engagement pics came out.

Sent on 11/17/2018
  • I

Ian · Married on 06/22/2018

Working with Katherine was an absolute joy for both me and my fiancé! She was attentive to our needs and helped make us feel so comfortable since doing photo shoots isn't something that we've done regularly. Her quality of work, framing, composure, and editing skills are all top-notch. We were amazed at how quickly she got us an initial preview. We couldn't wait to open it.

Flexible, creative, and downright fun to work with, we'd recommend Katherine to anyone. In fact, we might not recommend anyone else BUT her! Thanks, Katherine!

Sent on 01/05/2018
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 27
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 28

Victoria · Married on 03/03/2018

Katherine Joy is one of the most bubbly and contagious spirits you will ever meet. She will make you feel right at ease with her quick wit and positive energy. She's not afraid to break it down on the dance floor either! Way before I met my husband, I had been following her photography journey. So, when he proposed I knew I HAD to have her on the day of our wedding. To say I was freaking out when I found out she was available is an understatement. Our engagement photographs were stunning and all my dreams officially came true when I received our beautiful wedding gallery. She captured the emotion and story of our day seamlessly. Her eye, talent and time is worth every penny! We are so thrilled to cherish these timeless photographs forever.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Sierra · Married on 02/24/2018

Oh my gosh we had the BEST time with Kat. I had no idea what to expect on my wedding day and she made everything so stress free and fun, I didn't have to do a thing when it came to pictures. AND she found the coolest places to shoot. Please have her do your photos. You will be so happy. I'm so happy.

Sent on 03/14/2018
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 29
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 30
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 31
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 32

Sarah · Married on 12/31/2017

I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Katherine. Not only are we absolutely in love with our engagement photos, but we had a BLAST taking them. Neither I or my fiance had been photographed before & we were pretty nervous. But Katherine's fun and bubbly personality made it so easy to be ourselves in front of the camera. She makes you feel confident and makes you fall in love all over again right there in front of her-which absolutely shows through in our pictures. After posting some of our photos, I had several friends and family members call me to tell me how stunning and unique they were.
    Not only did Katherine make us feel incredibly comfortable, but she was also very professional and accommodating. She responded to my emails very quickly and always made sure that we were on the same page. Katherine is also very helpful and gives great advice about any questions you may have: from wedding day planning to what to wear for your engagement session. Our photos were returned much earlier than I expected, and I can't wait to fill our new house with them. I would absolutely recommend Katherine to any of my closest family or friends, she is truly a talented a beautiful photographer and person.

Sent on 12/10/2017
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 38
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 39
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 40

Chase · Married on 10/27/2017

Katherine you are the flipping best! Thank you so much for our wedding photos. It was a long time coming with all the insane time jumps of wedding dates and planning. Rachel and I knew when we saw your photos that you were the one for us and we wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Every picture is great (even the ones of me being funny) the color is beyond ridiculous and feel free to drop any hints on the process lol. Anyways we are beyond satisfied with the photos and as well as who you are in person while you work. Your attitude and personality are so much fun to be around and the way you directed us was perfection. I can't wait to see what all you will produce this year and im praying for big things to come for you, you deserve it!

Thank you a million and one times Katherine!

Sent on 01/04/2018
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 41

Lacy · Married on 09/02/2017

I absolutely LOVE Katherine. She won us over from the start. I also love that she and I got to meet for a glass of wine and appetizers first. I think it is so important to get to know someone who will be documenting such a personal day and I know she feels the same. Everyone has a different vibe they want for their wedding and sometimes all it takes is good conversation to figure it out. After meeting her I was super excited to get the ball rolling. I am pretty comfortable in front of the camera, but I cannot say the same for my husband. However, once we were just a few minutes into the engagement shoot, he definitely changed. She swayed him into the comfort zone quickly and I am so appreciative of that. All three of us laughed the entire time. When I got our photos back it really solidified our decision to choose her for our big day. She was so fun on our wedding day and captured personalities in all the right ways. I loved the bloopers, too! We couldn't have chosen a better person and it was a big bonus that I gained a friend along the way. Thanks for all you do Kat!

Sent on 01/05/2018
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 48
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 49
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 50

Jiana · Married on 08/26/2017

A couple of months ago I was searching around for a wedding photographer. This process lasted a couple of weeks because I wanted to have a photographer who I could trust would deliver something incredible because I was already in love with the work they did.
    That was Katherine for us.
    I could not possibly rave about this pint size energy ball enough! Katherine knows how to bring it.
    Because of who she is, she will make any and every session absolutely comfortable for you to have photos that you're over the moon about! My husband always felt weird in front of a camera and hated pictures of himself, and after both sessions with Katherine, he would say.. "I felt like she wasn't even there and it was just us." And that is why she is incredible at capturing those candid, nobody's watching, intimate moments. With some of her leading, we were able to just be and have genuine moments captured, not posed ones. And let's get real, real is so much better than posed.

Katherine was always prepared beforehand. She's constantly trying to improve her art to be able to deliver priceless photos to her clients. While she always stayed professional, my husband and I felt like we'd known her for years.

Biggest downfall? Having so many incredible pictures that you can't pick the one you want to post on social media hahaha

Katherine, we will never regret trusting you with our wedding day. Thank you for guiding us through this and gifting us with photos that will always be held closely to our hearts. We are so so pleased with all that you do!

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 58
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 59
    Katherine Joy Photography and Video 60

Kylie · Married on 08/05/2017

Holy cow!!!! Katherine is a freaking show stopper!! I have people stop me randomly to tell me my wedding and engagement photos are the best pictures they have ever seen! People who literally barely know me! Katherine went above and beyond in any way she possibly could to make me so happy! She is the cutest, more creative, patient little latina EVER!! Could not have asked for better !!!!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Autumn · Married on 06/17/2017

Katherine absolutely exceeded our expectations! She was so prefessional and easy to work with and most importantly FUN. We have both never been the best at being infront of the camera and she went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable infront of the camera both with our engagement session and our wedding. We are so happy that we chose Katherine as our photographer for her rare and unique gift of being the best at what she does!!! I have had a countless amount of people tell me how different and flawless my pictures are! Our wedding pictures are absolutely breathtaking. I would recommmend Katherine 1,000 times over again!!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Claudia · Married on 06/02/2017

Katherine's images are simply gorgeous. She coaches you through each shot, making you feel so comfortable and getting beautiful, fun, natural expressions of her subjects. The quality is amazing, I definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Claire · Married on 05/28/2017

Working with Katherine Joy Photography made one of the most stressful parts of wedding planning a breeze! She was an attentive listener and thoughtful question-asker when getting to know us and our style. Katherine exudes so much joy and energy that you can't help but relax and have fun with her! Her passion and creativity are evident in our gorgeous pictures and my husband and I can't wait to find an excuse to take pictures with her again!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Heather · Married on 02/11/2017

She is amazing! She accommodated all of our needs. The pictures look great! She checked the photo shoot site beforehand and picked out great location. Gives good direction on how to pose, where to look, how and where to stand. I highly recommend Katherine for you engagement/wedding/any event photography

Sent on 02/14/2017

Ben · Married on 12/15/2016

Oh my goodness, Katheryn is the absolute BEST!!! she has a very energetic personality and is so good at making you feel comfortable in front of a camera.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Tom · Married on 08/05/2016

Katherine was our wedding photographer and did an absolutely phenomenal job! She was so thoroughly prepared which made the day run smoothly. She has such a great energy and fun attitude that brought out the best in our guests. Our friends and family kept asking us, "Who's the photographer?! She's amazing!!" Katherine had a slide of some of the day's pictures up and ready for our guests to view by the time the reception started and had our hundreds of pictures edited and delivered months before expected. We highly recommend Katherine for any occasion. She brings a unique blend of professionalism and personal touch that can't be matched.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Leah · Married on 07/23/2016

Katherine did an amazing job! She is great at capturing a variety of pictures and backgrounds and makes you feel very comfortable. She is easy to work with and is very responsive to questions. We got our pictures back so fast (two weeks)!! We have gotten so many compliments on the photos and are so glad we chose her to capture our day.

Sent on 09/09/2016
  • Caitling

Caitling · Married on 09/26/2015

Captures every detail!

Katherine is wonderful to work with! She helped me so much with my wedding and the planning process. She was able to capture so many beautiful moments of our wedding and make me and husband have such a fun time taking pictures. There are so many beautiful moments that she captured! I highly recommend Kat!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Ethan · Married on 09/22/2015

Talk to her! She's awesome, was timely, discreet, professional, and quick to get things to us! We love our wedding photos and show them to everybody!

Sent on 07/10/2016