Kami Olavarria: Photographer

2869 Historic Decatur Rd, San Diego, CA 92106, San Diego, CA 92116 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 36

About Kami Olavarria: Photographer

I am a wedding photographer based in San Diego, CA. If you're looking at my profile - you are likely engaged and searching for a wedding photographer and let me tell you, I am so glad you found me!!!! I know planning a wedding is crazy and you're probably looking through a bunch of images and profiles, so here's what I want you to know:

This isn't about me or what I'm looking for as an artist. This is about YOU, giving YOU the best experience ever, and making sure you feel comfortable putting your celebration in my hands. These moments are important and can't be relived. You deserve an experienced photographer who can be there for you, anticipate all those little moments bofore they happen so they're ready to capture every single one, and ensure you have a blast along the way. Because marriage is fun, weddings are fun, and I want you to have fun. I thrive off relationships and am ALL IN with my couples - helping you every step of the way.

Your wedding is a big deal to me. You aren't just numbers on my spreadsheet or dates in my calendar. More than just a hired vendor, I’ll be your cheerleader, encourager, organizer, drink-getter, and the gal screaming “YAS YAS YAS” because I’m so excited about the awesome photos we’re creating together. My job is to make your day as easy and fun as possible, and in the meantime, capture incredible images you’ll treasure for the rest of your life.

Follow Kami Olavarria: Photographer on

Videos 1 vídeo

28 Reviews for Kami Olavarria: Photographer

• Molly

Molly · Married on 12/31/2019

Best vendor you will hire - book Kami!!

We got our wedding photos back this past week from Kami and I couldn't start smiling, crying and laughing looking through them because Kami captured our day in a way that tells your story of your wedding and gives emotion in every image! She will capture the moments that you missed out on, the moments that were most important to you and the moments that you didn't know were that important to you until later!! Kami was one of my besties in high school and even though she moved to San Diego, my (now) husband reached out to her 6 months before he proposed to see what weekend she'd be in Seattle and would be able to shoot our proposal - he literally scheduled our proposal around Kami's schedule and I'm so glad he did! The photos from that day and our mini engagement session were amazing and more than what I'd hoped for! When we were starting to plan our wedding, Kami was the only photographer I wanted to shoot our special day and again, we checked to make sure she was free on the dates we were looking at. Luckily, we booked 16 months in advanced, that girl fills up fast! Seriously, if you are flip flopping on whether or not to book Kami, this is your sign to do it!! Kami had a couple calls with us before our wedding and she helped me work through our entire timeline. We had a New Year's Eve wedding, 18 person bridal party (just with bridesmaids & groomsmen), massive family portrait session, all the getting ready photos that I could think of AND the sun set that day around 4pm so we were crunched! Kami helped us re-work our timeline to make sure everything could be fit in before daylight ended and was able to really keep us organized. Kami was also super helpful when we had the misfortune of our all-inclusive wedding venue shutting down 10 weeks before our wedding date. She started connecting me with people she knew in the Seattle wedding community and gave lots of recommendations on new venues for us to look at. She was so so helpful and helped us feel optimistic that it would all come together, which it did! Our wedding party and family made comments that she was so efficient with our time, made everyone comfortable and was so fun to have around. Kami is so encouraging and will tell you how beautiful you are but also help you if your pose looks weird and will give you tips on how to work with your dress, bouquet and everything else! I'll forever be grateful that we hired Kami - she is worth every penny, including the travel fee! Fly her to your wedding, you will not regret it, you'll love your images and be able to re-live your perfect day through her photos!

Sent on 02/08/2020
  • Tatiana

Tatiana Shefts · Married on 09/07/2019

Best Wedding Photographer - look no further!

If you are reading this, book Kami already! You will be so thankful you did. From our initial meeting, we loved Kami, her energy and approach to capturing our wedding jived with our vision. We met with a few other photographers and instantly knew Kami was for us – we wanted our wedding pictures to be full of laughter, movement & candor. Other photographers tried to sell us on being featured in magazines and showed portfolios of over-enhanced photos. This was not appealing to us and securing Kami as our wedding photographer gave me such a sense of relief and ease. If all else failed and our venue burned down during the ceremony, I knew Kami would still deliver epic photographs.

Kami’s fun and bubbly personality allows her to seamlessly blend into any group but she has a quiet command that efficiently moves people into place (picture herding a room of excited girls or inexperienced family members into group photos). Kami is business when she needs to be but always does it with a smile on her face. I am so thankful Kami was on top of my schedule and knew what I wanted pictures of – without her, I would have forgotten to cut the cake or missed sunset timing for pictures.

A huge testament to Kami was a few of my guests mentioned that “my photographer was everywhere but was never a nuisance”. As a single-shooter, Kami is exceptionally talented and works like an energizer bunny – I don’t know how she does it! Seriously – within 1 day of our wedding, she sent over 40+ edited teaser photographs. These photographs feature candid moments but are also so flattering! No unfortunate face contortions or eyes half-closed (I’m often guilty of both) – Kami expertly timed each photo to capture the beauty & joy.

Kami delivered on everything we were looking for and more! I booked Kami for a pre-wedding boudoir shoot and outside of my wedding day – this may have been my favorite day of 2019! We had so much fun and she made me feel like an absolute queen. We shot for 2 hours and she turned around 150+ edited photographs within 1 week – remarkable! These are some of my most prized possessions, I am so thankful I booked this experience.

Finally, I must mention Kami’s professional service and communication – both are world-class and are very important when choosing a vendor partner. She is quick and helpful when responding via email, text, or Instagram. Her billing system is painless and direct through her website. The photo gallery she delivers is also through her website and it’s super easy to see & download all pictures. She is organized, prepared, and entirely competent to deliver on your vision. We could not have selected a better photographer. Thank you Kami!!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 07/13/2019

If she's already booked, change your date. You NEED Kami!

I should have written this review two months ago, but I couldn’t find the words. After thinking about it for the past 71 days I finally realized that there is no way to describe Kami that would do her justice. She is literally one of the most amazing humans I have ever met, and she was by far my favorite vendor. Maybe that was because she didn’t feel like a vendor, but a friend. The moment I ran across her website I knew she was the right gal for us. From our first Face Time date (yes, she really cares about you and wants to get to know you!), to our engagement session, to our wedding I was pleased and excited every step of the way with her. She is kind, friendly, organized, and just an awesome person. Kami is someone that my husband and I feel like we have know forever (and we really hope we do). She was our biggest supporter leading up to our wedding, and advocated for us on the day when she knew some other vendors weren’t following our vision. Kami not only is pretty much one of my favorite humans I have ever met, but she is an AMAZING photographer. She is literally magic with a camera. There is no way she was born in this Muggle world. Not only were the photos she took timeless and beautiful, but she captured the awesome party that our wedding was, from the dance floor, with her camera in hand. Kami didn’t feel like a vendor, but a guest of our wedding whom all of our friends and family are still talking about. If we had to do it all over a few details might change, but we would hire Kami over and over and over again! She was worth every single penny and more!

Sent on 09/22/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Kami Olavarria: Photographer FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3350.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    High-Res Images
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3750.00
    Add'l Hours
    High-Res Images
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Destination / Travel
    Multi. Locations
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Digital Files
    Prints

• San Diego, 92116 See on map
    Location of (Kami Olavarria: Photographer)