Kami Olavarria: Photographer

2869 Historic Decatur Rd, San Diego, CA 92106, San Diego, CA 92116 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 36

About Kami Olavarria: Photographer

I am a wedding photographer based in San Diego, CA. If you're looking at my profile - you are likely engaged and searching for a wedding photographer and let me tell you, I am so glad you found me!!!! I know planning a wedding is crazy and you're probably looking through a bunch of images and profiles, so here's what I want you to know:

This isn't about me or what I'm looking for as an artist. This is about YOU, giving YOU the best experience ever, and making sure you feel comfortable putting your celebration in my hands. These moments are important and can't be relived. You deserve an experienced photographer who can be there for you, anticipate all those little moments bofore they happen so they're ready to capture every single one, and ensure you have a blast along the way. Because marriage is fun, weddings are fun, and I want you to have fun. I thrive off relationships and am ALL IN with my couples - helping you every step of the way.

Your wedding is a big deal to me. You aren't just numbers on my spreadsheet or dates in my calendar. More than just a hired vendor, I’ll be your cheerleader, encourager, organizer, drink-getter, and the gal screaming “YAS YAS YAS” because I’m so excited about the awesome photos we’re creating together. My job is to make your day as easy and fun as possible, and in the meantime, capture incredible images you’ll treasure for the rest of your life.

Follow Kami Olavarria: Photographer on

Other couples have also viewed

• B2Bcamera

Videos 1 Video

31 Reviews for Kami Olavarria: Photographer

• Chaunice

Chaunice P. · Married on 08/08/2020

Incredible isn't a strong enough word

If you are reading this review then you are already considering Kami. Go ahead and book her and I promise you will not be disappointed.

Everything about working with Kami was natural, and stress / hassle free. We hired Kami for a small wedding turned elopement (thnx 2020). Kami is an absolute pro. The perfect balance of personable creative artist meets organized and efficient business woman.

It was most important to us that we get a lot of direction from our photographer. I was going for the posed “un-posed" look. I didn't want to spend money getting dressed hiring a photographer only to have an awkward hand or fake simile in our wedding photos. Kami not only gave direction, she did it so naturally. Honestly, me and my hubs have never looked better. We were completely put at ease. Kami clearly has a lot of experience here, she caught way out of place detail, like "tuck your arm here instead of there, you’ll thank me later". I am thanking her 1000 times over.

We had the opportunity to let Kami know in advance any particular shots or areas of the venue that we loved. She did an amazing job of researching and scouting the shots in advance. We didn’t take all our photos with the same single background, but captured many angles + backdrops and moments. She found us a tiny rose garden at sunset. Talk about a money shot. I couldn't have imagined a better photo. Additionally, we had a wedding planner, but Kami was great with developing our timeline to make sure we had proper lighting and captured the sunset (a few hours after the ceremony).

All of this is on top of the usual qualifications you'd look for in a photographer
    Punctual - in fact early to look around, chat with us, and research.
    Responsive - emails, Zoom calls, follow up.
    The portfolio - a true artist.
    Absolutely no issues, which is a rarity in wedding planning.

Don't hesitate here. Kami will exceed even the highest expectations. She will put you at ease and your photos will be stunning. I couldn't be happier with our decision to go with Kami. Now I just need an excuse to work with her again in the near future.

Sent on 01/02/2021
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 08/01/2020

Simply the best :)

Kami is absolutely AMAZING and a blast to work with!!! Her energy, personality, style, and talent create photos that exude the genuine pure joy that was felt on our wedding day. They are absolutely gorgeous and perfectly captured the entire day. Thank you, Kami!!!

Sent on 03/31/2021
  • Jasmin

Jasmin · Married on 04/26/2020

Stop looking for photographers - you’ve found the best one!!

Stop looking for photographers - you’ve found the best one!! Here’s why:

1. She’s a tremendously talented photographer. Kami does her research, keeps you relaxed/comfortable, and is super creative. She was extremely prepared for our engagement shoot and on our wedding day and achieved amazing results (look at her albums). On our wedding day, she positioned herself thoughtfully, and respectfully.

2. Kami is a true professional, super fun and keeps it light. She brings amazingly positive energy, is fun to be around (an absolute bundle of joy) and has a higher level of emotional intelligence than anyone we know. She made us so comfortable in our pictures which reflected in how much we loved how they turned out.

3. Kami is a leader in both her field and as a person. If you could create a perfect photographer (and person) to go through a pandemic with, it would be her. Throughout some of the most difficult times of the COVID-19 crisis, she was calm, empathetic and so committed to making sure we were doing well, even when we had to reschedule, etc. We talked to her multiple times about our situation and she not only made us feel better afterwards, but feel on top of the world. She was with us at the worst moments and of course at the best (our 7 person wedding on July 11th). Take a second to reflect on the impact that the COVID-19 crisis had on photographers.

4. Kami is a great communicator. Always proactive, respectful, and timely

You learn a little bit about a person during the good times, but you truly learn about a person through the worst of times. We’ve known Kami over the last 1.5 years including through the COVID-19 pandemic and have learned about how she is an amazing photographer (again look at her albums!!), but more importantly an amazing person. She will be with you through it all. Congratulations on finding your photographer (and likely a great friend)!

Sent on 08/29/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Kami Olavarria: Photographer FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3350.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    High-Res Images
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3750.00
    Add'l Hours
    High-Res Images
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Destination / Travel
    Multi. Locations
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Digital Files
    Prints

• San Diego, 92116 See on map
    Location of (Kami Olavarria: Photographer)

Kami Olavarria: Photographer frequently asked questions

What photography services does Kami Olavarria: Photographer include in the starting price?

Kami Olavarria: Photographer includes the following photography services in the starting price:

• High-Res Images

What photography services does Kami Olavarria: Photographer include in their most popular wedding package?

Kami Olavarria: Photographer includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:

• Add'l Hours
  • High-Res Images

What photography styles does Kami Olavarria: Photographer offer?

Kami Olavarria: Photographer offers the following photography styles:

• Contemporary
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Kami Olavarria: Photographer offer?

Kami Olavarria: Photographer offers the following photography services for weddings:

• Additional Hours
  • Boudoir Shoot
  • Destination / Travel
  • Liability Insurance
  • Multi. Locations
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Kami Olavarria: Photographer offer for wedding events?

Kami Olavarria: Photographer offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Albums
  • Digital Files
  • Prints

What percentage of users recommend Kami Olavarria: Photographer and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Kami Olavarria: Photographer is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.