PO Box 5762, Berkeley, CA 94705 Map · Phone number

About Julie Mikos Photographer

Since taking my first darkroom course in the sixth grade, photography has been a passion of mine. I took that passion and threw it into obtaining my Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, focusing on photographic arts.

Immediately following my graduation in 1988, I became the associate photographer for a well-known editorial photographer. At 22, I was photographing and styling home interiors and gardens for national interior design publications. My work has been published in magazines such as: House Beautiful, Better Homes and Gardens, HOME magazine, Country Gardens, Country Living, Woman's Day and many others. My travel photographs have also appeared two consecutive years in the National Geographic Traveler calendar.

Although I was an editorial photographer for nearly seven years, I got out of photography for about the same length of time and went into advertising. As of August 2001, I'm back into photography and have chosen wedding photojournalism as my main focus. I still have a passion for travel photography, general portraiture (especially kids) and my editorial work, but have found that I particularly love telling the story of the biggest event in someone's life: the Wedding Day.

juliemikosphotography 88
juliemikosphotography 87
juliemikosphotography 88

15 Reviews for Julie Mikos Photographer

Daniela Owen · Married on 10/20/2018

LOOK NO FURTHER! You have found your wedding photographer!

I literally cannot sing higher praise of Julie. She is simply AMAZING! We LOVE our wedding pictures so much! Everyone who sees them comments: these are the best photos. You got the best photographer. And they are right!
    Aside from taking gorgeous photos and really knowing what she's doing, Julie was extremely professional. She struck the perfect balance of being so calm and kind and also being assertive about sticking to our pre-planned schedule so that we'd end up with all the pics we wanted. This having been my only wedding, I couldn't anticipate how much I would get caught up
    In the moment. Julie made sure we didn't miss out on photos we told her we cared about ahead of the wedding. She did not get frazzled by chaotic family and was flexible to take special pics during an unexpected extra few minutes. She was discrete and took tons of pics of us throughout the night without us feeling like we were being followed by the paparazzi. Also, she got everyone - she totally represented all of our guests in photos. Our guests and vendors are getting prints of the pics she took of them. It is unanimous, Julie Mikos is the BEST! We will 100% be hiring Jukie for special events in the future.

Kristen · Married on 04/09/2016

After pouring through photos of hundreds of local "real weddings" in blogs and magazines, our first choice for photography was Julie Mikos... and how lucky are we that she was available!?!?! It was her gorgeous imagery that first captivated us. Her photos are both artful and joyful, capturing the magic of each couple's wedding day in a very real and honest way.

Once we met, her vast experience and her love of wedding day photography was obvious and inspiring. Not only does she take great care in her craft, but she went above and beyond to really get to know us, our history, and our passions. As a result, we were more ourselves in front of her camera, trusting that she would capture the real us... as she clearly did.

For both our Engagement Session and our Wedding Day photos, she WORKED it. She was on time, equipped, ready to go, encouraging, insightful, adventurous, and fun! Our E-sess was like a fun date where we were jumping, climbing, kissing, and goofing all over Sutro Baths. And our Wedding Day at Marin Headlands Center for the Arts.... wow. She and her assistant hustled to create all our wedding bliss in detailed shots, capturing the entire emotional story arch of our day.

They were also totally stealth. After seeing our photos, my family exclaimed, "How did she get so many gorgeous photos? We never saw her!" I think one of our favorite images was taken after we went down stairs post-ceremony, thinking we had our first private moment alone... but, actually, Julie got that moment of him holding the train of my dress as we beamed happiness, relief, and celebration that we did it!

Julie herself is a captivating woman, a true artist, and someone we are proud to call a friend who has given us the gift of so many uniquely special forever memories.

• User4019032 · 2+ years ago

Julie was absolutely amazing! We had a very unique day with two ceremonies (one at 11am and one at 5pm) in two different cities (Palo Alto and San Francisco)! Julie's day with us spanned from 9am to 9pm!
    Our international correspondence and prep went incredibly smoothly. On the day of, Julie was incredibly professional, friendly, and, most importantly, she seemed really excited to be there with us. After almost every photo, she would say "wow!" or "Beautiful!" and I told her I'd have to keep her around for a continuous ego boost from now on!
    Julie handled our two large families incredibly well, a long photo list, and various settings (inside, outside, two cities, two ceremonies, morning, evening, etc). She was very flexible in working with us to tailor our package/budget and we couldn't have gotten the value and time commitment that Julie was willing and able to give from anyone else.
    We recently got our photos back and they're absolutely stunning! Cannot wait to see them in print!

Julie Mikos Photographer FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day
  • What photography items do you offer? Digital Files

• Wine Country Flowers LLC
    Wine Country Flowers LLC Wedding Florists

I love working with Julie from Julie Mikos Photography... Her work is very cutting edge and fresh.

• PO Box 5762 Berkeley, 94705 See on map