Worcester, MA 01603 Map · Phone number

About Joseph Gonzalez-Dufresne

Your wedding in the woods, a garden at your family summer home, an old, renovated factory space, the steps at city hall; whatever you decide reflects with you as a couple, all the way down to the simplest of details. I want to depict your wedding in a way that resonates with you in a creative, intimate, yet unobtrusive way. My role involves a personal connection and understanding of your relationship and what brought you to where you are today.

Follow Joseph Gonzalez-Dufresne on

32 Reviews for Joseph Gonzalez-Dufresne

• Sarah

Sarah Connell · Married on 07/06/2019

Joe is an Artist!

Your wedding photos will be unlike anyone else's if you work with Joe Gonzalez-Dufresne. They will be uniquely YOU. He got to know us before the big day, so when the time came, we felt exceptionally comfortable being ourselves in his presence. To be honest, we felt so at home that we barely noticed he was there. He captured our relationship more fully and honestly than I ever imagined possible. His photos offered the movement and sense of urgency from our wedding day and brought each and every detail flooding back. Joe has an artistic eye that is both personal and precise. There is no one like him.

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Nichole

Nichole · Married on 11/10/2018

Joe is the best!

If you are reading this review, you probably saw Joe's website and thought "I like what I see. I wonder if this guy is any good?" The answer is a resounding yes. Joe is the perfect blend of total professional and chill fun guy. He clearly knows what he's doing from a business standpoint. He's a great communicator, has many back up plans in case anything goes wrong, knows all the right questions to ask. And at the same time, he is very easy going and easy to be around. Unless you ask for it, Joe doesn't do a lot of posed photos. He does his best to get you to act naturally (much harder than you think!), and just be with your person.

What I loved the most about Joe's photos when I saw his website were all these hidden moments I saw. Everyone knows to take a picture of the ring exchange. But not everyone takes a picture of the guests at the same time. Some of my favorite photos are seeing the expression (tears, laughter, love) on some of my family members' faces when I was busy doing something else (like getting married).

After our ceremony Joe convinced us to climb into a nearby river t take some pictures. He said the light was amazing, and it was. What was also amazing is that Joe took off his shoes and socks and climbed in the river with us, in solidarity.

If you look at Joe's website, and you like what you see, and then you talk to him, and you like that to, do yourself a favor and just hire him. It only gets better from there. I liked him so much I flew him from Massachusetts where he lives to California where I live, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 02/11/2019

C · Married on 06/23/2018

Joe photographed our backyard wedding in June and was a delight to work with from booking to delivery. Though the photos may be the main event, and we were so happy with them, Joe himself was great to get to know before the date, and a wonderfully balanced presence during the wedding itself. We didn't give him very much direction, but he took the time to walk around the "venue" (our house) with us beforehand, tease out our tastes and preferences through a combination of conversation and a comprehensive survey (which helped us in a more global way when planning the day), and during the event, he gave consistently relaxed but savvy direction to the wedding party during portraits, then went out and took hundreds of fantastic candids. He captured our family and friends in honest, surprising, flattering and even iconic ways. I was so impressed with Joe's eye and quiet, no fuss professionalism. And the photos themselves--plentiful, various, well-edited--were beyond our hopes and expectations. You'd be lucky to nab him!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Joseph Gonzalez-Dufresne FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 4500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    High-Res Images
    Add'l Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    Albums
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    High-Res Images
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Prints
    Proofs
    Save the Date

• Nkd Waxing, Lashes & Makeup Wedding Hair & Makeup

What we love most about JGD is their ability to not only capture the "big" moments of your wedding, but the tiny moments... the ones that you may miss amongst all the hustle and bustle of your event. In addition to being a skilled photographer, Joe is also a great guy and surrounds himself with a team that will surely make you feel comfortable from the start. Nkd highly recommends JGD!

• Worcester, 01603 See on map
    Location of (Joseph Gonzalez-Dufresne)