Everett, WA 98203 Map · Phone number

About Jon Kaplan Photography

A photography team based out of Snohomish, WA that specializes in a photojournalistic approach to photography - bringing your special moments to life with story-telling images that you will absolutely adore and enjoy for years to come. We love to find ways to bring life to your images, making every frame count by making it another breath-taking page in your book. While many of our shoots are up north in the Snohomish region, we love to do weddings all across the west side of Washington state and beyond - traveling to new, never before seen venues and locations are a favorite of ours. With over 50 weddings under our belt, we have absolute confidence that we can tell your story in a way that each and every image shines and leaves the viewer completely captivated.

img3925

Jon Kaplan Photography 7
  • Marty

Marty Piecyk · Getting married on 09/27/2019

Surprise proposal

Jon took my surprise proposal photos and the experience went great! Many pro photographers never get the chance to capture that experience. The surprise was not spoiled (except for my inevitably suspicious lady who wondered why I asked her to keep a certain Saturday open). Jon and I met at the Lord Hill Regional Park the day before to scope out the area and find an optimal spot with optimal evening lighting and spot for a picnic.

The next day, my lady and I drove to the park and I was happy to see Jon talking on the phone with his telephoto lens hidden, ignoring us to keep the surprise. Then, he followed us to the proposal spot keeping his distance and got sharp, beautiful photos of an important moment. Thank you!

He used the latest Canon full-frame mirrorless camera (EOS R) and a high end ~300mm lens, which was great to keep the quality good even with high ISO for the shady conditions. He used manual exposure settings and Spot focus, to make sure the camera focused on the right thing for the photos (not a branch, e.g.). Perfect!

We got 98 photos for $500, which I think is a good deal.

The photo choices (removing the duplicates), cropping, and editing were great. The only comment my lady and I have is that our skin had a green tint in the photos, but we could fix that in minutes in Adobe Lightroom to all 98 photos by adjusting the color balance and tint. We posted our photos on Facebook and also got printouts and our friends loved them.

Sent on 05/15/2019
    Jon Kaplan Photography 8
    Jon Kaplan Photography 9
    Jon Kaplan Photography 10
  • Becky

Becky Keeney · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely amazing

Jon did both our engagement and wedding photography.
    He was very professional, friendly and a fabulous photographer.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Kelly · Married on 08/11/2017

Jon made our wedding day so seamless and helped everything run so smoothly! He is so easy to work with, very laid back, it made me and my husband feel so calm on the day of our wedding! Taking "staged" pictures can sometimes be awkward, but he made it so fun and we both felt so comfortable and it was fun!! Not to mention his pictures are absolutely amazing!! I would highly recommend Jon!!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Jon Kaplan Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning, Trash The Dress

• Everett, 98203 See on map