John Ross Music and Production

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,800 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,800 Most Popular Price

A professional wedding entertainer in Portland, Oregon, John Ross Music and Production has been providing weddings with live music and sound since its inception in 2004. Owned and operated by musician John Ross, the company is comprised of seven highly-talented musicians and DJs. Utilizing top-of-the-line sound and lighting, John Ross Music and Production happily provides you with everything you need for a truly magical wedding experience!

John Ross Music and Production offers couples three entertainment packages to choose from entry package, standard package and platinum package. Each is comprised of a variety of the following:

• Consultation
  • MC services
  • Instrumentals
  • New songs
  • Vocals

What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?

$1,400

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,800

Reception Music
Sample Music
Sound/PA System
Travel Expenses

What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?

Instrumental - Solo
Instrumental - Duo
Instrumental - Trio
String - Trio
String - Quartet
Soloist / Vocalist

How many musicians are in your band(s)?

1 - 3

What instruments does your group play?

Cello
Guitar
Piano
Viola
Violin

What services do you provide?

Ceremony Music

4.9 out of 5 rating
    4.9 out of 5 rating

Kelley Getting married on 07/29/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Andrew and John are incredible!!!!! From the initial meeting to the wedding day everything went so well. All of the communication and organization was spot on. They had great forms for us to fill out to customize everything we wanted. Andrew sang for cocktail hour and for our first dance, which was amazing. Then he was the DJ/MC for the reception. The reception and all the dancing was amazing. His music selections and ability to read our crowd was spot on, the dance floor was packed for the whole wedding! He even helped start a conga line, which our guests loved!!!! Andrew helped make our wedding the best day ever, highly recommend booking with John Ross!
    Karen D. Married on 07/03/2022

Extremely talented musicians

We hired Daniel with John Ross as our DJ/musician and were blown away by his talent!! He was able to play the piano during our ceremony, provide vocals during cocktail hour while continuing to play the piano, and switch to guitar for a live mother/son dance - and in addition to being able to just do all these things he executed all the songs phenomenally. John Ross also provided us with a wonderful cellist for the ceremony. The company was very helpful and professional in the months leading up to the wedding and were able to accommodate a last minute first dance change just days before the ceremony. Cannot thank them enough for being a part of our big day!
  • Doug
    Doug A. Married on 07/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Exceptional Musician, DJ, (and coach!)

It might seem a bit strange to have someone write a review other than the couple who got married, but I think it says a lot about John Ross that, as the officiant for my niece's wedding, I thought so highly of John that I wanted to go on the record and tell other people why they should hire him. In my 62 years I've attended my share of weddings, but this was the first wedding where I was actually performing the wedding ceremony. Needless to say, I was a bit scared about screwing it up, especially since this was for my niece whom I really care about. It was my good fortune that John was on hand as the DJ and Live Music performer. In addition to doing an exceptional job playing beautiful music, John rigged me with my mike so that everyone at the windy outdoor wedding could clearly hear me, he coached me on sequencing and timing of events, and he cued me at key moments during the ceremony. His calm demeanor was infectious and it helped me settle down and pull off an incredible wedding. After the ceremony, I then was able to spend more time watching John work his magic throughout the rest of the event, playing his guitar, singing, and DJ-ing an amazing mix of music that fit every part of the evening from dinner, to first dance, to cutting loose to celebrate this special wedding. If I ever perform another wedding in Oregon, I'll be the first to recommend John to the bride and groom as a "must-have" for their wedding. -- Doug Ball
  • illustration stars

35 photos 路 04/14/2019
  • Ashley & Christian
    58 photos 路 09/29/2018

Vista Hills Vineyard Vista Hills Vineyard Winery Weddings

John Ross and his team reliably provide the best wedding music for clients at my venue. I always recommend John and his team of musicians before any others. They help make every event smooth and a lot of fun!

Ginger and You Events Ginger and You Events Wedding Planners

John Ross music is... well, it's hard to find the right word. They are truly awesome. John Ross music has a team of truly talented musicians who not only sound incredible, but they arrive in professional attire, speak professionally and are very enjoyable and easy to work with. I am always so thankful when I see John Ross on my client's vendor lists! I know things will be taken care of, the event will go smoothly with transitions and my clients will have an incredible dance party. JR Music allows for unique musical experiences guests will enjoy, and performances that will set your event apart.

Cupcake Jones Cupcake Jones Wedding Cakes

Hire John Ross. Thank me later. John not only has a beautiful voice for your ceremony music. He has great character, will make sure that your guests are having fun at the reception, and will think of everything so you won't have to. John is who we recommend first for ceremony music and DJ services every single time we are asked. You will be happy. Guaranteed. You're welcome.... ~Lisa @ Cupcake Jones

2104 NE 45th Ave. Portland, OR, 97213
Location of (John Ross Music and Production)

Other vendors in Portland for your wedding