Brookline, MA 02445 Map · Phone number

About John Mayo, Justice of the Peace

It is my honor to help make your special day memorable. Your wedding can be religious or secular, simple or spectacular. As your wedding officiant I will create a custom ceremony that will be memorable for you and your guests.

I officiated my first wedding in 2010 for some friends in a beautiful vineyard in Washington State. It was then that I discovered the joy of helping two people profess their love for one another. I have loved to share in the happiness and joy that happens at a wedding.

I work full-time as a college administrator in Brookline, MA. My career in higher education has allowed me to work with individuals from every background and it has enabled me to be comfortable speaking in front of groups from 20 to 200.

Additionally, I am involved in my professional community as a member of the Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Association, Inc. (MJPA). I live in Brookline with my beautiful wife and our Cairn Terrier.

Follow John Mayo, Justice of the Peace on

fetherjohnson1

23 Reviews for John Mayo, Justice of the Peace

• Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/29/2018

Fun and professional JP for your special day

John has such a great personality and you can tell immediately that he enjoys what he does. He wrote a very special ceremony for us and delivered with care, professionalism and a little humor. Our guests commented on the content of the ceremony and he incorporated all that we asked for. Thank you John for residing over this special moment in our lives.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Dustin · Married on 01/01/2017

My wife and I are so glad that we chose John. We got married at a very busy time with Christmas and New Year's but he was very flexible when meeting us and always helped to make it convenient for us. John was there every step of the way and made sure that we were always one step ahead. He is professional and friendly. Our guests had only nice things to say about him. If we were to go back and do it all again, we wouldn't choose anyone else.

Sent on 03/04/2017

Joe · Married on 10/29/2016

We were extremely pleased to have John officiate our wedding in October 2016. Throughout the planning process, John was very responsive to our questions and very flexible with timing. He created a great first draft for our ceremony based on our conversations with him, but was also very open to the feedback we provided. On our wedding day, our ceremony was lovely. John perfectly executed everything we had planned. After the wedding, the city made an error in our wedding certificate (NOT John’s fault), John was very responsive re-signing the form to get it resolved. Highly recommend John.

Sent on 12/05/2016

John Mayo, Justice of the Peace FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 500.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 200.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 200.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal, Civil Union
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, No Denomination, Unitarian
  • In which states are you licensed? MA, RI