10824 Palms Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90034 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 27
  • Real Weddings 1

About Joanne Leung Photography

I have been a wedding photographer since 2007. I started out as a portrait photographer before I got into wedding photography. My published work ranges from magazine covers to music album artwork such as the sound track for the movie Law Abiding Citizen. Ever since I moved to Los Angeles, I have had more opportunities working with amazing product lines such as Kai Fragrance, NAMI clothing line featured in LA Fashion Week, and even quite a few celebrities. Being a photographer has been an exciting experience so far, and I love every minute of it.

I crave capturing organic emotions in the eyes when people are in love. I love the anticipation and excitement for the bride and groom to see each other for the first time on their wedding day. There is something in their eyes and body language that just makes the moment so special. Love also extends to friends and family on the wedding day, and it's amazing to be able to show their pride and happiness through photographs.

As a young female photographer, I can relate to the modern brides naturally. I understand their excitement with fashion, food, new way of approaching weddings, and modern aesthetics that shine through the wedding details. I am very approachable and smile a lot, which makes my clients and their guests warm up to the camera easily. My clients are always my number one priority. I listen to what the couples want carefully, and make sure I am able to tell their wedding story in pictures, the way that they envision it.

My approach for weddings is to be able to tell the story of the wedding day the way that the couple wants it. I want to make sure that they will be able to treasure the photos for the rest of their lives. My style is mostly photojournalistic, as I believe the best photos usually the ones that are not posed, but instead, those that show raw emotions. I tend to let the events unfold naturally as I capture the real reactions through the day, with minimal interruption from me. Some of my past clients told me that they thought of me as a smiley ninja who weaves in and out of the venue unobtrusively, yet be able to make connections with people. When the timing is right, I also mix in some traditional approach in helping the clients find pleasing poses and arrangements for portraits. I am also spontaneous and let the bridal party and groomsmen come up with fun shots and let them direct a set of photos if they are up for the challenge. I think it is important to be able to be flexible and balance the right amount of photojournalism, spontaneity, and traditional wedding photography for different brides and grooms with unique personalities.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my site here and I would love to hear from you!

Please feel free to contact me at joanneleungphotography@gmail.com

323-522-4588

19 Reviews for Joanne Leung Photography

1 User photo

Joanne Leung Photography 1

Katharine Crnko · Married on 10/13/2018

You've found the perfect wedding photographer!

This is the easiest 5-star review I've ever written. Guess what, you've found the best photographer, you can stop looking right now.

Joanne shot our wedding in October 2018. Initially, my husband and I tasked my mother with "finding a photographer" - i.e. a task that could keep her occupied while we actually planned the wedding - this was the best decision we made in wedding process. My mother found Joanne via TheKnot - She had previously shot at our wedding venue (La Canada Thursday Club), and her style suited our needs perfectly: Nothing too "Instagram-y" (we didn't want our pictures to look dated in 5 years), saturated color, focus on candid, photo-journalistic style. And her package was right in our budget.

Joanne NAILED our wedding pictures - We got exactly what we asked for, and so much more. She was a dream to work with - easy-going, a great mediator between guests and family, joyous, celebratory, focused and, most wonderfully, chill. She blended in perfectly with our guests, made everyone feel comfortable, even putting up with some unexpected weather.

We're overjoyed with the final product, but mostly, we love working with Joanne. She'll be our family photographer for years to come.

Joanne was super easy to communicate with (thank goodness for email), she was prompt, prepared and downright fabulous. You cannot go wrong with Joanne as your photographer, wedding or otherwise. We're so glad that she was there to capture our day!

Full 5-star recommendation, cannot say that enough!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Andy · Married on 06/24/2017

Joanne is amazing! She was a photographer from beginning to end of our love story. She was our photographer of choice in the proposal, engagement and wedding! She is super friendly, has an extremely strong work ethic, makes you feel at ease and genuinely tries to find the perfect shot for each and every moment. We plan on using Joanne for all our photography needs in the future! She is superb.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Poy · Married on 04/15/2017

Joanne and Alex (the second photographer) are so amazing. I'm in love with her "good eyes". For instance, she found this yellow flower field nearby the reception venue. Immediately, she took us there and got the most amazing photoshoot. She is so flexible with our 10 AM wedding. We feel truly blessed to have her capture our special day!!! Thank you so much Joanne :)

Sent on 05/19/2017

Award

Joanne Leung Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 600.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? One Event / Day
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, One Event / Day, Albums, Canvas, Flush Mount, Prints
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress

Real Weddings

• Muse MakeUp Artistry
    Muse MakeUp Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

Joanne is an amazing photographer. She is very professional, kind, and really knows how to work with different clients. Her team is also amazing and very courteous. I love getting photos from Joanne after a wedding or event because I know they will look great and I can use them on our website.

• 10824 Palms Blvd Los Angeles, 90034 See on map