140 Thames Street 3rd Floor, Newport, RI 02840 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About JENNIE KAY beauty

Jennie Kay Beauty provides outstanding hair and makeup artistry on site or in The Beauty Parlour, a cheerful and tranquil boutique salon located at:

140 Thames Street, Newport, RI 02840

Jennie Kay's background as a stylist for movies and television, combined with her formal education at New York City's Fashion Institute of Technology and Paul Mitchell the School of Rhode Island, gives her a unique approach to every bride she styles.

Jennie Kay specializes in advanced airbrush makeup application and high Definition Television Techniques, as well as Red Carpet Hairstyling. By scheduling a consultation, you can work together to create a beauty routine and begin scheduling regular cuts and colors at The Beauty Parlour to make sure your hair and skin is in perfect condition for wedding day style.

Jennie Kay one of a select few (3 to be exact) hair artists in Rhode Island to be a member of the Local 798 Hair and Makeup union out of NYC. She is a handpicked member of Style Me Pretty's Little Black Book and she has had countless brides featured in magazines such as Bliss Celebrations Guide, Southern New England Weddings, Newport Weddings Magazine, Newport Life Magazine, Engaged Magazine, Grace Ormonde, The Pet Elite, as well as local and national blogs.

When she isn't behind the chair making brides beautiful, you can find her working on photoshoots for magazines such as TIME and Gladys, for blogs such as Style Me Pretty, for films like 27 Dresses and Bridewars, for Broadway shows like the Jersey Boys and just for fun to keep her creativity flowing.

Bridal inquires and salon services can be booked by calling the salon at 401-236-2585 or by emailing bridal@jenniekaybeauty.com

Follow JENNIE KAY beauty on

unnamed
jenniekayblowdry036
ainsley
JENNIE KAY beauty
groom watching bride process down aisle at bell
shockifaves0107
1204318112103640356561771481865741904663162n

130 Reviews for JENNIE KAY beauty

• Allison

Allison Chernov · Married on 05/26/2019

Jennie Kay Beauty = Amazing!!!

Jennie Kay and her team are amazing. Jennie was one of the first vendors I booked for my wedding and I’m so glad I did! Jennie did my hair and makeup for my wedding, as well as a trial. At first, I wasn’t sure if I’d do a trial, but I’m glad I did. It was great to test out different looks and, most importantly, I loved getting to know Jennie and her team. It allowed me to go into my wedding day relaxed, knowing I was in AMAZING hands. Jennie is an artist and such a pro at what she does, while also being so easy to talk to and connect with on a personal level. Jennie is genuine and truly cares about her clients. I’ve never received a follow-up call after any other hair appointment, but a few days after visiting Jennie for my first color/cut, I received a call to see how my experience was and if I was happy with the result (so thoughtful!). Jennie’s team is also outstanding. I loved working with Morgan for color – she is amazing at what she does. When I had a few last-minute concerns about my color, Morgan and Jennie went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for my wedding day. I loved having Jennie do my hair and makeup on my wedding day. She made me feel so relaxed throughout and truly made me feel like a bride. I can’t recommend Jennie and her team highly enough. Thank you, Jennie! xox

Sent on 06/25/2019

Cathy · Married on 07/22/2018

Jennie Kay and her staff were completely amazing from my trial look through my wedding day prep. We had a blast with them! They were patient and helped guide me through jitters to feeling like a very ready, beautiful bride. I can't recommend Jennie and her team enough. They went above and beyond, even giving members of my wedding party a lift to the venue when our limo didn't show up! A+ for effort!

Sent on 08/23/2018
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 03/17/2018

Jennie and her team are amazing! I had a couple of bad hair and make up trials for my destination wedding and in swooped Jennie and Jess to save the day. They were flexible enough to travel with us to our destination wedding in New Orleans, Louisiana and to put up with all the craziness that entails. They were also very adaptable and flexible as people were constantly changing their mind about hair and make up... up until the day of the wedding. Jennie and Jess just went with the flow.
    They provided services for 3 flower girls, mother of the bride, my three sisters-in-law, and a two grandmothers. It was a jam packed day for two people, but we ran on time (even a little bit early!). Everyone loved their hair and make up, which makes it even better!
    You would be crazy not to hire them for your wedding!!

Sent on 03/29/2018

JENNIE KAY beauty FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 65.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 65.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 65.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 100.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Men's Grooming, Mult. Stylists, Salon
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Extensions, Haircuts, Keratin, Updos / Styling
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 15

Real Weddings

• Erin McGinn Photography
    Erin McGinn Photography Wedding Photographers

Jennie's experience, talent, creativity, and timeliness keep her at the top of my referral list. Makeup and hair that lasts all night and that is beautifully crafted with her fantastic energy and super talented staff puts all of her brides in great hands. Also her work just photographs so perfectly, making my brides love their photos even more!

• Chloe + Isabel by Stephanie
    Chloe + Isabel by Stephanie Wedding Jewelers

Jennie Kay Beauty is an amazing team of artists. They are particular, patient, calm, and reassuring on your wedding day and thrive to ensure that you and your bridal party are completely at ease. Jennie Kay had created a true team of talented individuals with years of experience under their belts. They will surely make you the most stunning bride on your big day, create a fabulous look for ordinary days, and give you cuts & colors in the beauty parlour like no other. I highly recommend Jennie Kay Beauty to anyone and everyone who's goal is to look amazing & fabulous any day of the week.

• Kim Praast Photography
    Kim Praast Photography Wedding Photographers

Jennie is FANTASTIC. She's fun to work with and does amazing work. Hope to work with her again and again!

• 140 Thames Street 3rd Floor Newport, 02840 See on map