JENNIE KAY beauty Reviews

130 | Newport, RI

130 Reviews for JENNIE KAY beauty

• Allison

Allison Chernov · Married on 05/26/2019

Jennie Kay Beauty = Amazing!!!

Jennie Kay and her team are amazing. Jennie was one of the first vendors I booked for my wedding and I’m so glad I did! Jennie did my hair and makeup for my wedding, as well as a trial. At first, I wasn’t sure if I’d do a trial, but I’m glad I did. It was great to test out different looks and, most importantly, I loved getting to know Jennie and her team. It allowed me to go into my wedding day relaxed, knowing I was in AMAZING hands. Jennie is an artist and such a pro at what she does, while also being so easy to talk to and connect with on a personal level. Jennie is genuine and truly cares about her clients. I’ve never received a follow-up call after any other hair appointment, but a few days after visiting Jennie for my first color/cut, I received a call to see how my experience was and if I was happy with the result (so thoughtful!). Jennie’s team is also outstanding. I loved working with Morgan for color – she is amazing at what she does. When I had a few last-minute concerns about my color, Morgan and Jennie went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for my wedding day. I loved having Jennie do my hair and makeup on my wedding day. She made me feel so relaxed throughout and truly made me feel like a bride. I can’t recommend Jennie and her team highly enough. Thank you, Jennie! xox

Sent on 06/25/2019

Cathy · Married on 07/22/2018

Jennie Kay and her staff were completely amazing from my trial look through my wedding day prep. We had a blast with them! They were patient and helped guide me through jitters to feeling like a very ready, beautiful bride. I can't recommend Jennie and her team enough. They went above and beyond, even giving members of my wedding party a lift to the venue when our limo didn't show up! A+ for effort!

Sent on 08/23/2018
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 03/17/2018

Jennie and her team are amazing! I had a couple of bad hair and make up trials for my destination wedding and in swooped Jennie and Jess to save the day. They were flexible enough to travel with us to our destination wedding in New Orleans, Louisiana and to put up with all the craziness that entails. They were also very adaptable and flexible as people were constantly changing their mind about hair and make up... up until the day of the wedding. Jennie and Jess just went with the flow.
    They provided services for 3 flower girls, mother of the bride, my three sisters-in-law, and a two grandmothers. It was a jam packed day for two people, but we ran on time (even a little bit early!). Everyone loved their hair and make up, which makes it even better!
    You would be crazy not to hire them for your wedding!!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Emily · Married on 10/28/2017

Jennie Kay Beauty is the best and their team is extremely talented! Jess (who's the best btw) did my hair trial and day-of hair. She took my inspiration and really styled my hair exactly how I wanted. Because I did the trial, it put me at ease for the big day. The salon was really easy to communicate with leading up to the wedding, and Jennie herself handled the booking of my appointments--she was so sweet! Huge shout out to Emily and Brandon who did my bridemaids' hair and makeup, too; they looked drop-dead gorgeous. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Katina · Married on 09/16/2017

As a bride who loves spending hours in Sephora and pinning bridal looks on Pinterest, hair and makeup was one of if, if not the most important, decisions I made for the wedding. I can wholeheartedly say that choosing Jennie and her team to work my wedding weekend was the best decision I ever made! Jennie is a master colorist and before the weekend got underway she colored my hair and achieved the exact color I was going for! Jennie did such an amazing dye job that my maid of honor said that she didn't realize my hair was in need of a breath of new life until Jennie's amazing color job! Her balayage skills are second to none and she is a true artist when she paints your hair. Jennie's team also did my hair and makeup, as well as my MOH's and my mom's, for my welcome party and again they knocked it out of the park. They achieved the exact look each one of us was going for, and throughout the evening we were showered with compliments regarding our hair and makeup looks. Jennie and Steph also did the hair for myself, my bridal party and the moms on my big day. Jennie and Steph created amazing looks that captured exactly what each of the women wanted but at the same time managed to make everything look cohesive. The weather on my wedding day was pretty windy and at the last minute I asked Jennie if she wouldn't mind staying for touch-ups, even though this had not been planned Jennie went with the flow and stayed to help out some more! Having spent so much time with Jennie and her team during the weekend, I felt like I got to know her and her team well and connected with them on a level deeper than one of stylist and client. Jennie is one of the most genuinely kind people I have ever met and her presence was both energetic and calming, as well as positive and caring. Jennie made sure everyone felt comfortable and loved the way they looked. I cannot truly put into words how grateful I am that I had Jennie and her team around me all throughout my wedding weekend!!

Sent on 10/05/2017
  • Kate

Kate Fay · Married on 03/18/2017

You book the best you get the best!

Jennie and her team were responsive, accommodating, and so very professional throughout my entire experience. With complete creative freedom Jennie was able to style our hair and makeup knowing what looked best for our faces and wardrobe that day. She created timeless looks that I can look back on years to come and have no regrets!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Jackie · Married on 02/06/2017

Jennie Kay has a Wonderful, Caring and Exceptionally Professional Crew of people to take care of you on your Special Day!! I enjoyed every minute with each member of the team going over my personal beauty plan for my Wedding!! I couldn't be more pleased!! They are very talented!!!

Sent on 03/27/2017

Kelly · Married on 11/05/2016

I booked Jennie and team for my wedding in November 2016 at Castle Hill. Hair and makeup was definitely something that was very important to me on my wedding day. I wanted to make sure that I felt my absolute best and worked with someone who I could communicate with and achieve the look I was hoping for on the wedding day. I'm the type of person who finds it hard to speak up so having someone that I felt comfortable doing that with was key! Jennie was a dream! I couldn't have chosen better hands to be in! Working with Erin on scheduling my trial and coordinating day of details was a breeze and everything went so smoothly! They showed up the morning of, on time and ready to make everyone looking feel beautiful and they nailed it! Being in located NYC, I was overwhelmed with having to choose someone I hadn't yet met, but when I did meet Jennie I instantly knew that she was the right fit! Jennie communicated with me every step of the way at both my trial and on my wedding day to make sure that I was happy and everything was exactly the way I wanted it to be. She also added great suggestions and insights to styling my hair a particular way that would hold in pictures and against the windy days that are common at Castle Hill. What I loved about Jennie is that while she was there to offer advice, she never once made me feel like I had to take it. She was there for guidance but ultimately let me decide. For anyone who has wedding day nerves like I did, you couldn't find a more calming presence to be around. I was so nervous the morning of my wedding and having her there helped tremendously! I felt like I was just hanging out with one of my girlfriends getting my hair and makeup done! I also loved that Jennie uses quality products for both hair and makeup! Overall I can't say enough great things about Jennie and team! If you're getting married, book Jennie!! It's a no brainer :)

Sent on 04/20/2017
  • User7019410 · 2+ years ago

I loved working with Jennie and her crew. I felt beautiful on my wedding day, and it was wonderful to work with someone so talented who still cared so much about my input and ideas.

Mary · Married on 10/15/2016

The makeup artists from Jenny Kay were AMAZING!! I was undecided about the look I wanted and they were so patient with my trial and the look came out PERFECT on our wedding day. The bridesmaids all looked amazing too! :)

Sent on 03/25/2017

Laura · Married on 10/01/2016

Amazing team! I got exactly what I was hoping for and they let us hang out and have a ladies lunch in one of their conference rooms. Couldnt have been better!

Julianne · Married on 09/30/2016

I had the best experience with Jenny Kay on my wedding day. All my girls hair and makeup looked beautiful. I would Definitely go back!

Sent on 03/25/2017

Megan · Married on 09/17/2016

I cannot say enough amazing things about Jennie Kay!!
    I hired them to do my hair, 4 bridesmaids, and 2 moms. They were outstanding. Everyone's hair was perfect, and mine was unbelievable!
    I had gone for a trial with Jess, and she was so talented and nice- I showed her my inspiration and my headpiece, and she did something even more beautiful than I could find on pinterest- exactly what I wanted! Their studio is so cute as well.
    She really did an amazing job, working with hair extensions as well, and my curls held all night long!

Thank you Jess, for making my wedding day dream a reality, and Courtney, for making my bridesmaids goddesses!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Eleanor · Married on 09/17/2016

Jennie Kay was the only wedding beauty vendor we considered as she came so highly recommended by our photographer and other vendors we met with. I would completely recommend Jennie Kay Beauty! My only issue was that we found the booking form a bit complicated. Otherwise, no hesitation!

Kaitlynn · Married on 09/10/2016

I would tell and encourage any future bride to book with Jennie Kay! Jennie and her team have been doing weddings for years and are experts at what they do. Erin is the bridal coordinator extraordinaire and keeps all details on point to ensure the big day goes off without a hitch. Jennie and her top notch hair/makeup artists are THE BEST and will ensure that you and your wedding party are looking their very best!! I have never looked or felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day and it was all because of Jennie and her Glam team!

Tricia · Married on 09/03/2016

I was extremely happy with everything I had done at Jennie Kay. My hair and makeup came out amazing. I was so nervous because I was coming from out of town and I couldn't get there before my wedding for a trial. Turns out I didn't need to. I brought a picture in and showed them what I wanted and was amazed at how similar my hair came out to the picture. I was taken aback by how great the stylists were and make up artists. I would HIGHLY recommend Jennie Kay to any bride.

Anne · Married on 08/27/2016

Jennie is the very best! I am beyond thrilled I booked her and her team for my wedding. I think she is fantastic for two (among many) reasons: 1. At our trial, she looked at my face, hair, preferred style, and came up with a gorgeous and very flattering up-do. Despite wanting a higher bun, she explained why a lower bun worked better with the way my hair fell. Similarly, I initially wanted heavier eye makeup, and she pointed out that I have deep set eyes and would look my best with less eye makeup. She was right! I really appreciated that she took the time to think about what would truly look best and flatter me the most, even if it differed from any photos or ideas I previously had. She was also very helpful regarding input on jewelry for the neckline of the dress. 2. Jennie was such a happy and calming presence on the day of the wedding. She took great care with both the hair and makeup, and stayed with me through dinner time, not only touching me up, but was always there to hold my bouquet or offer a glass of water during photographs. Her kindness and enthusiasm were so hugely appreciated and I could not possibly recommend her more. Any bride would be lucky to have her! Thank you Jennie!!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Corinne · Married on 07/23/2016

The Jenny Kay team was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. On wedding day, they were punctual, efficient, fun, and their work was extremely high quality. The team really understood the natural, understated look I was hoping for and delivered exactly what I had envisioned. They also had amazing versatility with the variety of styles my bridesmaids requested, and provided helpful input for those who were less sure about what they wanted. I truly felt like the most beautiful version of myself thanks to their amazing talent!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Katie · Married on 07/15/2016

Jennie Kay was absolutely amazing! I don't style my hair or generally wear much makeup, and my primary goal was to look and feel like myself on the day of the wedding. Without any specific ideas about what I wanted, Jennie worked her creative magic and created a look that felt both natural and stunning. Her team also did a phenomenal job styling my bridesmaids, and everyone was able to go through the day feeling like their best selves. I couldn't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 03/20/2017

Kathryn · Married on 07/09/2016

Jennie was amazing from before to the big day of the wedding! She has a very calm presence that put everyone at ease throughout the entire process! Every single person (bridesmaid, mothers, and the bride!) were extremely happy with how they looked! Jennie achieves a very natural look that every woman adores and appreciates! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Monica · Married on 06/26/2016

Jennie Kay and her team are FABULOUS! They are kind, efficient, talented, and really made my wedding day experience truly a memorable one! Jennie Kay is a very experienced hair and make-up stylist. I felt so comfortable that my hair and make-up would turn out exactly how I wanted for my wedding day because of her experience and talent.

Katie · Married on 06/25/2016

Jenny was the absolute best to work with. She does incredible work and my entire bridal party, including myself, were so happy with the outcomes. Would highly recommend her to anyone, she is the best!

Marissa · Married on 06/18/2016

Jennie was amazing! Everyone looked so beautiful and we were all ready on time! I would deff recommend a trial before so you have a plan.

Sent on 03/28/2017

Sara · Married on 06/17/2016

I cannot express how amazing Jennie and her team are and if I could give 10 stars I would! By far one of the best vendors we worked with. Jennie and her team are professional, fun, and make you feel amazing from day 1. I had a clear vision of what I wanted for hair and makeup and Jennie went above and beyond what I had envisioned. I had a few notes after my trial that I wanted to do a little bit different (bolder lashes, more blush, etc.) and she took every single note that I had and made me feel like a princess. I had never felt more beautiful in my life. She has the ability to make the makeup look natural, beautiful, and perfect. For the bride’s hair and makeup, Jennie’s prices were more than most other quotes I received, however, the price was worth every penny and you absolutely get what you pay for. It’s your wedding so choose the best hair and makeup! I would recommend Jennie and team to everyone I know.

Cassie · Married on 06/10/2016

My experience with Jennie Kay was great! The staff were all extremely kind and helpful! The salon was amazing and made me feel relaxed before my big day!

Sent on 03/20/2017