Nearby Vendors to Consider

About JENNIE KAY beauty

Blowout and Beauty Parlour

Jennie Kay Beauty provides outstanding hair and makeup artistry on site or in The Beauty Parlour, a cheerful and tranquil boutique salon located at:

140 Thames Street, Newport, RI 02840

Jennie Kay's background as a stylist for movies and television, combined with her formal education at New York City's Fashion Institute of Technology and Paul Mitchell the School of Rhode Island, gives her a unique approach to every bride she styles.

Jennie Kay specializes in advanced airbrush makeup application and high Definition Television Techniques, as well as Red Carpet Hairstyling. By scheduling a consultation, you can work together to create a beauty routine and begin scheduling regular cuts and colors at The Beauty Parlour to make sure your hair and skin is in perfect condition for wedding day style.

Jennie Kay one of a select few (3 to be exact) hair artists in Rhode Island to be a member of the Local 798 Hair and Makeup union out of NYC.  She is a handpicked member of Style Me Pretty's Little Black Book and she has had countless brides featured in magazines such as Bliss Celebrations Guide, Southern New England Weddings, Newport Weddings Magazine, Newport Life Magazine, Engaged Magazine, Grace Ormonde, The Pet Elite, as well as local and national blogs.

When she isn't behind the chair making brides beautiful, you can find her working on photoshoots for magazines such as TIME and Gladys, for blogs such as Style Me Pretty, for films like 27 Dresses and Bridewars, for Broadway shows like the Jersey Boys and just for fun to keep her creativity flowing.

Bridal inquires and salon services can be booked by calling the salon at 401-236-2585 or by emailing bridal@jenniekaybeauty.com

Categories: Wedding Hair & Makeup

Hair Coloring (1)
Hair Extensions (1)
Haircuts (1)
Contour Makeup (1)

Jennie and her team are amazing! I had a couple of bad hair and make up trials for my destination wedding and in swooped Jennie and Jess to save the day. They were flexible enough to travel with us to our destination wedding in New Orleans, Louisiana and to put up with all the craziness that entails. They were also very adaptable and flexible as people were constantly changing their mind about hair and make up... up until the day of the wedding. Jennie and Jess just went with the flow.
They provided services for 3 flower girls, mother of the bride, my three sisters-in-law, and a two grandmothers. It was a jam packed day for two people, but we ran on time (even a little bit early!). Everyone loved their hair and make up, which makes it even better!
You would be crazy not to hire them for your wedding!!

Profile Picture Melanie, 3/17/18, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Coloring, Haircuts, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Salon, Airbrush Makeup

Jennie Kay Beauty is the best and their team is extremely talented! Jess (who's the best btw) did my hair trial and day-of hair. She took my inspiration and really styled my hair exactly how I wanted. Because I did the trial, it put me at ease for the big day. The salon was really easy to communicate with leading up to the wedding, and Jennie herself handled the booking of my appointments--she was so sweet! Huge shout out to Emily and Brandon who did my bridemaids' hair and makeup, too; they looked drop-dead gorgeous. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/28/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

As a bride who loves spending hours in Sephora and pinning bridal looks on Pinterest, hair and makeup was one of if, if not the most important, decisions I made for the wedding. I can wholeheartedly say that choosing Jennie and her team to work my wedding weekend was the best decision I ever made! Jennie is a master colorist and before the weekend got underway she colored my hair and achieved the exact color I was going for! Jennie did such an amazing dye job that my maid of honor said that she didn't realize my hair was in need of a breath of new life until Jennie's amazing color job! Her balayage skills are second to none and she is a true artist when she paints your hair. Jennie's team also did my hair and makeup, as well as my MOH's and my mom's, for my welcome party and again they knocked it out of the park. They achieved the exact look each one of us was going for, and throughout the evening we were showered with compliments regarding our hair and makeup looks. Jennie and Steph also did the hair for myself, my bridal party and the moms on my big day. Jennie and Steph created amazing looks that captured exactly what each of the women wanted but at the same time managed to make everything look cohesive. The weather on my wedding day was pretty windy and at the last minute I asked Jennie if she wouldn't mind staying for touch-ups, even though this had not been planned Jennie went with the flow and stayed to help out some more! Having spent so much time with Jennie and her team during the weekend, I felt like I got to know her and her team well and connected with them on a level deeper than one of stylist and client. Jennie is one of the most genuinely kind people I have ever met and her presence was both energetic and calming, as well as positive and caring. Jennie made sure everyone felt comfortable and loved the way they looked. I cannot truly put into words how grateful I am that I had Jennie and her team around me all throughout my wedding weekend!!

Profile Picture Katina, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews

220x220 sq 1451426724442 shank2122
220x220 sq 1451427932003 jenniekayblowdry078
220x220 sq 1489084091525 051

7 ENDORSEMENTS
Jennie's experience, talent, creativity, and timeliness keep her at the top of my referral list. Makeup and hair that lasts all night and that is beautifully crafted with her fantastic energy and super talented staff puts all of her brides in great hands. Also her work just photographs so perfectly, making my brides love their photos even more!

Jennie Kay Beauty is an amazing team of artists. They are particular, patient, calm, and reassuring on your wedding day and thrive to ensure that you and your bridal party are completely at ease. Jennie Kay had created a true team of talented individuals with years of experience under their belts. They will surely make you the most stunning bride on your big day, create a fabulous look for ordinary days, and give you cuts & colors in the beauty parlour like no other. I highly recommend Jennie Kay Beauty to anyone and everyone who's goal is to look amazing & fabulous any day of the week.

Jennie is FANTASTIC. She's fun to work with and does amazing work. Hope to work with her again and again!

Jennie Kay is a true professional and artist. She goes above and beyond for her clients and is always a joy to work with on the day of a wedding shoot.

Jennie is incredibly talented and professional working with hair and makeup! Often working together with the same bride's, I get to see Jennie in action, doing what she does best. On the wedding day she is fun and calming to be around and everything just comes so naturally to her. She is constantly learning and excited about new trends and techniques and this separates her from the rest. Her work speaks for itself! On a personal note- I used to dread getting my hair done and it would never come out how I had envisioned it. After my first trip to Jennie Kay for a cut and color, I was totally sold. She truly listened and understood what I wanted and even had great suggestions. My hair came out looking the best it's ever looked! I mean GORGEOUS! She's the only one I trust sending my client's to and with my own hair and makeup!

140 Thames Street 3rd Floor, Newport, RI 02840   See On Map