Hartland, Hartland, MI 48353 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Jean Smith Photography

Hey! So you're getting married, huge congratulations! I'm Jean and I have been photographing weddings, elopements, and engagement sessions all over Michigan, the United States, and overseas for 11 years. Giving my clients an amazing experience, as well as beautiful moments and art they will love until the end of time is the most important part of my work and business. My work can be described as lifestyle, modern, natural, creative, and so much freaking fun. Have questions? Contact me and we'll chat!

Follow Jean Smith Photography on

4 Reviews for Jean Smith Photography

• Sarah

Sarah Harwood · Married on 09/08/2019

Irreplaceable!!

OMG. Where do I begin?! Jean was the absolute best. She was detailed, organized, and her photos turned out breathtaking. She listened to everything I wanted and greatly succeeded it. She shot every detail & was able to get a photo of every guest, which was so important to me. She made everyone feel SO comfortable and even helped me take breaks and gave us private moments. I felt at ease with her and Laura there. It was relaxing and fun! I would 100000% hire her again, even just to be able to hang out! Haha she has a great vibe. After the big day, she gave us updates and quickly had all of our photos to us. I couldn't have received more compliments on her team and the way the photos came out. Artistic, beautiful, and absolutely amazing! I have no regrets and it was worth everything. The day goes by so fast, I am forever grateful that Jean was able to capture every single moment and the emotions that were present that day. THANK YOU!!!!!! Sarah & Nate.

Sent on 11/03/2019

Katie · Married on 04/21/2018

I can’t say enough positive things about Jean because honestly, her work speaks for itself. Jean is an incredible, dynamic, powerhouse of a photographer. She has the gift of putting her subjects at ease while capturing their pure emotions. From our engagement photos to our wedding photos, Jean has given us the ability to relive the best memories from this time in our lives and we’ll cherish that forever. She gives phenomenal direction, is super fun to be around, and truly cares about her clients.

There were parts of our wedding day where our planner was off making everything perfect and in those times, Jean totally stepped up, took control, and kept us on track. It was incredibly helpful to have a seasoned pro moving things along, making sure we were “checking all the boxes” and still staying on time when our planner wasn’t with us.

The long and short of it is that we feel like we’ve made a life-long friend in Jean and are looking forward to working with her again in the future.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Nicole · Married on 07/25/2008

Jean was an AMAZING part of our wedding- she is an unbelievable artist with an eye for REAL emotion. If you're looking for something more than just "squish together and say cheese" Jean is your Dream Come True! Take a look at her website- her style speaks for itself. I can't put a price on the memories she has given us... it is beyond worth it. She will be chronicling our family for years to come now.
    If I have one word of advice for future brides, if you can get past letting him see the dress early- BOOK A PRE-WEDDING SHOOT! We had her meet us for a few hours two days before our wedding and had the time and the freedom and the clarity of mind to take amazing shots. In hindsight I can't imagine doing what we did then ON the wedding day! :)

Sent on 08/06/2008

Jean Smith Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 4000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Save the Date

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Jean Smith Photography 1
    50% off 2019/2020 destination weddings

Please contact for a list of qualifying destination locations. And don't worry, the list is long so your location is probably on there :)

• Hartland Hartland, MI, 48353 See on map