Hilo, HI 96720 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $2,700
Availability Check your date

About James Rubio Photography

hi there!

we're a husband and wife team (james & bev)

we're based out of hilo, hawaii on the beautiful big island of hawaii

we love our job

we love to travel

bev likes noodles and i like chocolate!

(but i also like noodles and bev likes chocolate too)

we also write a hawaii food blog at http://www.bigislandgrinds.com/

Follow James Rubio Photography on

James Rubio Photography 6
James Rubio Photography 7

Alana Kanahele · Married on 09/02/2018

Incredible Photographers!

James and Bev were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were so professional and really captured the essence of our wedding. We feel so fortunate to have had them join us on our big day - they even waived the flight fee as we were getting married on O'ahu!

Now for the photos...the photos turned out even better than we had imagined!! If you are looking for a photographer - no matter the type of event I would hands-down recommend James and Bev! They are the best photographers I've ever worked with and you will not be disappointed! Not only great photographers but great people as well. We can't wait to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Larissa · Married on 08/20/2018

We cannot say enough good things about James and Bev and their work!
    My fiance and I planned a pre-wedding honeymoon back in march in Hawaii and took the opportunity to have our engagement pictures taken over there. I was a little apprehensive with working with someone without even meeting them beforehand but both James and Bev are amazing. Initially we had no idea on where to take the pictures, it was our first time visiting Hawaii, and they not only helped us to pick a location but had the most patience with me about changing places and time and everything. Bev is such a sweetheart, she was the one I had the most contact with, either through emails or text/phone calls and James is the artist.
    Our pictures turned our amazing and everyone we show them to love them. We couldn't be happier and more in love with the photos!! If you are looking for an amazing high quality and professional photographer in Hawaii, James Rubio is the perfect choice.

Sent on 05/27/2018

Kristen · Married on 06/24/2017

Bottom line, James is fantastic. From our first conversation to our last, James has been absolutely amazing. Friends and family will always compliment your photographer and their work because that is their job. However, we've received hundreds of compliments from family, friends, strangers on social media and even from printing sources on the work that James (&Tracy) &Bev have done. It's truly a testament of genuineness when people go out of their way to pay you a compliment. We had nearly 800 photos from our 6 hour wedding session and from our day after underwater session, and EVERY.SINGLE.ONE of the photos are awesome. As the bride and groom it's easy to say that we are a little biased because it was our wedding, so each photo has a special meaning, but that being said, each-photo-has-a-special-meaning. James was able to capture the true emotions and energy of our wedding to create those special meanings. People will always want their standard shots, stare at the camera, smile on 3, and you should get those, but trust us when we say "just have fun and let James do the work." Our favorite photos are of us looking at each other laughing, having fun, living. On our first conversation with James, I asked him about underwater photos. He had done a few sessions but said that he would deliver and boy he was not wrong. I followed him on instagram and saw that since our convo he had been practicing and snapping some amazing pictures. Don't be shy to ask him for what you want and be upfront. He is absolutely willing to take on a challenge. Despite salt water, tides and treading water with my dress and train flowing, James was able to capture our adventurous side and deliver some extremely romantic pictures with some AMAZING light. We can't say enough about James and his crew. His down-to-earth, wholesome personality & his insanely talented abilities made such a positive impact on us, not to mention, we have 800 amazing photos that capture that special moment forever

Sent on 10/24/2017
    James Rubio Photography 16
    James Rubio Photography 17

• Flawless Finish
    Flawless Finish Wedding Hair & Makeup

James is such a skilled professional! He know how to use beautiful outdoor areas to create beautiful settings with amazing use of light! I have worked with him professionally and personally. I have worked with quite a lot of photographers and in my opinion James is the best on the islands! I recommend every bride and friends and family to James Rubio! Sarah Costello, Flawless Finish Airbrush Makeup Artistry Www.flawleasfinishbeauty.com

• Flawless Finish
    Flawless Finish Wedding Hair & Makeup

• Diane Rubio
    Diane Rubio Wedding Musicians

James Rubio Photography not only captures "the moment" but elevates the subject to the level of fine art - James passion and professionalism is unparalleled!