Hilo, HI 96720 Map · Phone number

About James Rubio Photography

hi there!

we're a husband and wife team (james & bev)

we're based out of hilo, hawaii on the beautiful big island of hawaii

we love our job

we love to travel

bev likes noodles and i like chocolate!

(but i also like noodles and bev likes chocolate too)

we also write a hawaii food blog at http://www.bigislandgrinds.com/

Follow James Rubio Photography on

James Rubio Photography 6
James Rubio Photography 7

Jared · Married on 01/03/2019

James Rubio's Photos are simply amazing

My wife and I heard about James through her sister who used James on her wedding almost a decade prior. We saw their photos and were blown away with how creative and beautiful they were. Needless to say we immediately booked him for ours. He did not disappoint I'm happy to say. The photos were original, unique and simply amazing. We will look back on the memories he captured forever and be able to relive the magic of that day. I can't recommend him enough to anyone in Hawaii considering a photo shoot in general (wedding or not). You will get something truly unique and in my view - beautiful Art. Thanks James and team - you were amazing. Sorry it took so long to write this review :)

Sent on 06/20/2019
    James Rubio Photography 8

Alana Kanahele · Married on 09/02/2018

Incredible Photographers!

James and Bev were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were so professional and really captured the essence of our wedding. We feel so fortunate to have had them join us on our big day - they even waived the flight fee as we were getting married on O'ahu!

Now for the photos...the photos turned out even better than we had imagined!! If you are looking for a photographer - no matter the type of event I would hands-down recommend James and Bev! They are the best photographers I've ever worked with and you will not be disappointed! Not only great photographers but great people as well. We can't wait to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Larissa · Married on 08/20/2018

We cannot say enough good things about James and Bev and their work!
    My fiance and I planned a pre-wedding honeymoon back in march in Hawaii and took the opportunity to have our engagement pictures taken over there. I was a little apprehensive with working with someone without even meeting them beforehand but both James and Bev are amazing. Initially we had no idea on where to take the pictures, it was our first time visiting Hawaii, and they not only helped us to pick a location but had the most patience with me about changing places and time and everything. Bev is such a sweetheart, she was the one I had the most contact with, either through emails or text/phone calls and James is the artist.
    Our pictures turned our amazing and everyone we show them to love them. We couldn't be happier and more in love with the photos!! If you are looking for an amazing high quality and professional photographer in Hawaii, James Rubio is the perfect choice.

Sent on 05/27/2018

• Flawless Finish
    Flawless Finish Wedding Hair & Makeup

James is such a skilled professional! He know how to use beautiful outdoor areas to create beautiful settings with amazing use of light! I have worked with him professionally and personally. I have worked with quite a lot of photographers and in my opinion James is the best on the islands! I recommend every bride and friends and family to James Rubio! Sarah Costello, Flawless Finish Airbrush Makeup Artistry Www.flawleasfinishbeauty.com

• Flawless Finish
    Flawless Finish Wedding Hair & Makeup

• Diane Rubio
    Diane Rubio Wedding Musicians

James Rubio Photography not only captures "the moment" but elevates the subject to the level of fine art - James passion and professionalism is unparalleled!