James Rubio Photography

James Rubio Photography

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About James Rubio Photography

hi there!

we're a husband and wife team (james & bev)

we're based out of hilo, hawaii on the beautiful big island of hawaii

we love our job

we love to travel

bev likes noodles and i like chocolate!

(but i also like noodles and bev likes chocolate too)

we also write a hawaii food blog at http://www.bigislandgrinds.com/

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Engagement Shoot (1)
High-Res Images (1)
Slideshow (1)
Prints (1)

We had James as our photographer for our engagement portrait in Waipio Valley this past September. When I first sent them an inquiry email, they took 3 months to respond and by then, I thought that they were already booked for our date or just weren't interested. But his wife, Bev, finally replied to me and said that somehow my inquiry was missed. Since I love their portfolio so much, I decided to give them a try. We finalized the booking just about one month prior to the shoot so they are very flexible with the scheduling. After the initial communication hiccup, all correspondence was very timely and professional.

It took about 10 weeks to receive our images and I was blown away. They were so beautiful. Everyone said they look like postcards or that they belong in a magazine. I'm so glad that we decided to book them. James was very easy to work with and he has an artistic eye and knows which location would look good in pictures. Just trust him and follow his instructions. Bev is very sweet as well. It was such a pleasure to work with both of them. Just book them ! You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Chelsea , 9/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I knew James was the best photographer on the island and he did not disappoint this summer when we booked him for our 20th Anniversary Vow Renewal. He and Bev were wonderful to work with and we hardly noticed he was present during our ceremony. You must be patient for his pictures though -- he takes his time to do the very best but they were very well worth the wait! Thank you James and Bev!

Profile Picture Angela, 7/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bottom line, James is fantastic. From our first conversation to our last, James has been absolutely amazing. Friends and family will always compliment your photographer and their work because that is their job. However, we've received hundreds of compliments from family, friends, strangers on social media and even from printing sources on the work that James (&Tracy) &Bev have done. It's truly a testament of genuineness when people go out of their way to pay you a compliment. We had nearly 800 photos from our 6 hour wedding session and from our day after underwater session, and EVERY.SINGLE.ONE of the photos are awesome. As the bride and groom it's easy to say that we are a little biased because it was our wedding, so each photo has a special meaning, but that being said, each-photo-has-a-special-meaning. James was able to capture the true emotions and energy of our wedding to create those special meanings. People will always want their standard shots, stare at the camera, smile on 3, and you should get those, but trust us when we say "just have fun and let James do the work." Our favorite photos are of us looking at each other laughing, having fun, living. On our first conversation with James, I asked him about underwater photos. He had done a few sessions but said that he would deliver and boy he was not wrong. I followed him on instagram and saw that since our convo he had been practicing and snapping some amazing pictures. Don't be shy to ask him for what you want and be upfront. He is absolutely willing to take on a challenge. Despite salt water, tides and treading water with my dress and train flowing, James was able to capture our adventurous side and deliver some extremely romantic pictures with some AMAZING light. We can't say enough about James and his crew. His down-to-earth, wholesome personality & his insanely talented abilities made such a positive impact on us, not to mention, we have 800 amazing photos that capture that special moment forever

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews

18 Photos

My Photo Album

18 Photos

4 ENDORSEMENTS
James is such a skilled professional! He know how to use beautiful outdoor areas to create beautiful settings with amazing use of light! I have worked with him professionally and personally. I have worked with quite a lot of photographers and in my opinion James is the best on the islands! I recommend every bride and friends and family to James Rubio! Sarah Costello, Flawless Finish Airbrush Makeup Artistry Www.flawleasfinishbeauty.com

James Rubio Photography not only captures "the moment" but elevates the subject to the level of fine art - James passion and professionalism is unparalleled!

James Rubio Photography is not your average wedding photo company. Their work is a perfect union of art and elegance. In addition to shooting absolutely beautiful pictures, they also bring warmth and aloha to all the events they photograph. We refer our clients to them when they are seeking the extraordinary. It is a pleasure to work with them at weddings and other special events.

Events