Jake Holt Photography

Jake Holt Photography 5
Jake Holt Photography 6
Jake Holt Photography 7

Deborah · Married on 04/07/2018

Fantastic to work with; incredible photos!

Where do I even start with Jake and Kasey??? The short version is that they were amazing. We absolutely loved working with them and are over-the-moon happy with our photos; the experience was worth every penny. We were advised by several of our married friends to invest in a quality photographer, and it was a great decision. I can't recommend Jake Holt Photography highly enough.

Jake and Kasey shot our wedding in Denver in April 2018 and were wonderful to work with from start to finish. We liked Jake immediately from our first phone call with him; he was so easy-going and fun to interact with through e-mail, he responded to any questions or concerns quickly, and on the day we just had a blast with both him and Kasey.

As for logistics, Jake worked with us ahead of time to carefully plan the day photography-wise and get the permissions we needed to shoot in the locations we wanted, which made the day itself go so smoothly as we moved from location to location. Jake and Kasey also traveled to Denver from Austin early on the day before the wedding in order to allow for any travel delays, which reduced a lot of stress on our part. (We've heard horror stories about photographers missing weddings because of travel issues.)

On the actual day, we did getting-ready shots, First Look shots, wedding party shots at some locations around downtown Denver, formal family group photos at the venue, then the ceremony and reception. During the pre-ceremony shoots, Jake and Kasey managed to keep the 12 of us in the wedding party moving so we didn't get too far behind schedule, while still hanging back to let us have our fun and silliness (which they successfully documented with loads of candid shots). They made use of all of our time and kept us laughing, and basically did all they could to keep us calm and enjoying ourselves. (The champagne helped a little, too!)

As soon as the ceremony started, they basically disappeared (in the best possible way). I've been to weddings where the photographers got in guests' way or asked guests to move so they could get a shot, or otherwise made themselves a really obvious and obnoxious presence. Jake and Kasey just blended into the background, which was not only considerate of all the guests who we wanted to be there and see us and have the best time possible, but it also allowed them to get some amazing and hilarious candid shots. They pulled us out of the reception for ~10 minutes at one point to take some pictures outside the building that we'd discussed ahead of time, but otherwise I legitimately forgot they were there once the ceremony started. Which is--I now realize--exactly what I wanted from a wedding photographer.

Jake delivered the photos right on time, and my husband and I were delighted with them. Vibrant colors with a great mix of black-and-white shots, and all of our favorite moments were captured. It FELT like a fabulous day, so it was really cool when we got the pictures back and it LOOKED fabulous, too. And Jake continued to be wonderful to work with throughout the album creation process. (Spoiler alert: the album is also fantastic.)

HIRE THEM. It will be one of your smartest wedding decisions besides choosing your spouse.

Sent on 03/05/2019

Neesha · Married on 11/28/2017

Jake and Kasey photographed my wedding this past weekend, and I could not be happier with their style and work ethic. I know their photos will be amazing, so I just wanted to comment on how great they were to work with. They were professional, organized, detail oriented, and kind. After working with them for a few hours, I began to feel like they were old friends.

They stayed on task, and Kasey was so attuned to our needs as a busy bride and groom, that she did things I did not expect a photographer to do - like grab us cocktails (I was a little stressed the day of), arranged shots so we did not have to be in the sun for long periods of time, perfected formal shots by removing purses, sunglasses, making meaningful adjustments. They were creative and also indulged every request I had for specific photos (under festoon lights, multiple sparkler exits, etc, etc) and did so with enthusiasm.

They are empathetic, cool under pressure, and are all-around wonderful. I hope we get a chance to work with them again someday!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Sam · Married on 04/02/2017

Jake shot our wedding, and we could not be more thrilled with our experience from first contact to receiving our incredible prints in the mail. His eye is truly unique - the photos are great, and his customer service and general wedding advice along the way was absolutely above and beyond. Six stars!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Jake Holt Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits

• 5350 Burnet Rd Austin, 78756 See on map