Irish American Heritage Center

Table setup with candle centerpiece
Table setup with candle centerpiece

5 Reviews for Irish American Heritage Center

Sarah · Married on 09/20/2014

My husband and I could not be happier with our choice to have our wedding at the Irish American Heritage Center. Natalie was our event coordinator throughout our planning with the IAHC. She made the whole planning process easy-going and hassle free for us. Natalie let us come in multiple times to see the space before we even booked. She would let us know when there was a wedding that day so we could come in and see the layouts and how it would look all decorated. She was very flexible with everything and was very reassuring every time I had questions or concerns. For a Chicago venue, the IAHC is priced very reasonably. They require you to use their bar packages but you can choose all other vendors/caterers of your choice.
    I had my ceremony and cocktail hour in the Fifth Province Room and my reception in the Erin Room. The space was just perfect for my wedding and all of my guests were awed by the uniqueness of the venue. There was a convenient bridal room that I took full advantage of when I needed to get my dress bustled or just to take a breather away from the crowd. Overall, I was a very happy bride and wouldn't change a thing about my wedding at the IAHC!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Michelle · Married on 08/05/2012

We wer're so pleased with the IAHC! Awesome service, awesome space, awesome energy! Weeks after, we are still hearing from our guests about how much they loved the reception and venue. We are still talking about how thankful we are to have chosen the IAHC!

Sent on 09/12/2012
  • Highlander

Maureen · Married on 05/08/2010

What a gorgeous place, the Erin Room was just renovated in the last year and no one would believe the transformation. There are at least 9 chandeliers, a tray ceiling, an unbelievable wooden bar in the back of the room, a stage for a band, and screens on each side of the stage in order to play a slide show/DVD.

We had the cocktail hour on the first floor which worked out well but we had not thought about people wanting to place their gifts somewhere, right away – (we had the gift table on the 3rd floor where the Erin Room is located) --- the staff made sure all the gifts and cards were brought upstairs.

There is a new bridal room off the stairwell with sinks and stalls a nice retreat.

The staff was phenomenal, they made sure that things went according to plan, I can not say enough --- I would recommend this venue to even the non Irish.

Sent on 05/25/2010

Irish American Heritage Center FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 3,500.00
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 600
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 10
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 8
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Banquet Hall, Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Event Planner, Event Rentals
  • What catering services do you offer? Outside Cake
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available? Barware
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access

• D'Masti Catering Inc
    D'Masti Catering Inc Wedding Caterers

The Irish American Heritage Center offers a variety of rental opportunities that can be customized to fit whatever size and type your party may be, from an intimate birthday party to a large wedding. Kevin O'Kennedy, the Director of Events and Operations was very helpful and accommodating working with us to minimize cost and maximize the quality of the wedding we catered on Nov. 3rd 2012.

• 4626 N. Knox Ave Chicago, 60630 See on map
    7732827035 (21) (Phone number)