About Hot Pickin 57s
Hot Pickin 57s is a professional 4-piece acoustic band out of Austin, playing Bluegrass, Classic Country, Rockabilly, Western Swing and Texas country, including Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Roy Orbison, Bob Wills, Kris Kristofferson, George Jones, and Townes Van Zandt among others.
When you book Hot Pickin, you get:
• Experienced, professional musicians
• Clear, responsive communications
• Reliable, professional delivery of services
• High quality bluegrass, country and Americana music
• Dedicated sound tech and PA
We are flexible and easy to work and want to provide a stress-free experience for you from booking through performance.
We play all over Texas, including weddings, corporate events, private parties, festivals, and anywhere people love live music. You can see us play a few songs on a compilation video at https://youtu.be/n_gf1EdSQNY
Recent highlight shows include:
• Stubbs Red River: SXSW 2018 Corporate Event
• Conspirare Benefit (Grammy-award winning choral music ensemble, Brazos Hall)
• Tobin Center for the Performing Arts (Corporate Event)
• Ennis Bluebonnet Trails Festival
• Coushatte RV Ranch Pickin’ & Grinnin’ Festival
• Banger’s Unofficial SXSW 2018 Showcase
• Grapevine Sunset Concert Series
• 31st Annual Grapefest Wine Tasting Festival
• Lückenbach Texas
• Rodeo Austin
• Texas Heritage Foundation House Concert
Hot Pickin 57s members are:
Max Zimmet, a graduate of Berklee College of Music, and plays guitar and mandolin.
Eddie Collins, a long-time staple of the Austin music scene, having performed with many of the area’s top acoustic groups. He has nine solo CDs, which include many original tunes that can be heard on over twenty-five commercially released recordings. Eddie plays banjo, guitar, mandolin, and sings lead & harmony.
Mike Montgomery (fiddle), who started classical violin training at age 10. He grew up also immersed in Old Timey and Bluegrass music. Mike has played with Whit Smith's Hot Jazz Caravan, and local artists such as Alan Munde, Billy Bright, and Eddie Collins and now Hot Pickin 57s.
Vance Hazen, who rounds out the band on upright bass and with lead & harmony vocals. Born in Montana and raised in Ohio, he has toured across the US, Europe and Japan, playing electric and upright bass with a wide assortment of bands.
Categories: Wedding Band