Washington, DC 20001 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,600
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 1

About Honey Photographs

My name is Alyss, rhyming with felice, and I'm here to drink all the coffee and take your photograph. I collect colored tights, encourage jumping on the bed, and prefer reading over sleeping.

I have a love of uncommon words that honor the common things in life. Balter: to dance clumsily with much enjoyment. Pareidolia: the instinct to seek familiar images in clouds or constellations. Hoppipolia: the act of jumping in puddles. Cafune: running your fingers through the hair of one you love. Strikhedonia: the pleasure of being able to say, "to hell with it." Psithsurism: the sound of wind in the trees.

And my favorite; Videnda: things that should be observed because they mark the character of a person or place.

If I photograph you, I will encourage you to play, even in your pretty photo shoot clothes. I will ask the real questions and listen for your story in the answers. I will search for that thing in you that creates that spark in your eye. I want to capture who you really are... when you are just yourself relaxing in your sweats, flaunting your videnda.

Contact: alyssmckell@honeyphotographs.com

Honey Photographs 5
Honey Photographs 6
Honey Photographs 7

Alexis · Married on 08/19/2018

If you want to have the best pictures, photographers, friends, and time at your wedding, hire Alyss and Blair at Honey Photographs. I cannot put into words the amount of joy they brought us throughout this whole process. From our engagement photos to our actual wedding day, they were incredible. They are kind, funny, prompt, responsive, and of course take the most beautiful pictures. EVER.

They were early on the day of our wedding, coffee in hand...FOR ME! They made me so comfortable, and I really felt like I had two BFF's there with me, documenting our special day. I love them so much, that they were our witnesses on our marriage license!

Pictures were the most important thing for me, and I know I made the right choice. I actually knew I wanted Honey Photographs to capture my wedding day, even before I met my husband. HAHA! They're simply the best.

Sent on 09/18/2018
    Honey Photographs 14
    Honey Photographs 15
    Honey Photographs 16

Christina · Married on 07/14/2018

Your wedding photos are everything! I was impressed with Alyss and Blair from our first meeting. Open, friendly personality. Very professional, and ready to handle the unexpected. Beforehand, Alyss guided me though the process of creating a shoot list for the wedding day. The day of went so smoothly, we had plenty of time for all the photos we needed of our large wedding party, and first look, thanks to good preparation and communication. I felt like my budget was respected, the turn time getting our photos back was excellent. I could not be happier with the memories of our special day!!

Sent on 08/08/2018
    Honey Photographs 17
    Honey Photographs 18
    Honey Photographs 19
    Honey Photographs 20

Jenny · event on 04/19/2014

I have always enjoyed Alyss's photography and knew she would be a perfect match for my college grad pics. She knew right away what kind of pictures I was going for and was receptive to more ideas. She's also just a really fun person to hangout with for 90 minutes! Thank you Alyss!

Sent on 04/25/2014

Honey Photographs FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,500.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,600.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, Slideshow
  • What photography items do you offer? Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Real Weddings

• Flowers By Hilary
    Flowers By Hilary Wedding Florists

Honey Photographs is amazing! I have worked with Alyss on events along with hired her myself for family photos! She is always prompt, professional and best of all takes GORGEOUS photographs. I am always happy with the work she has provided for me and always excited to collaborate with her on weddings. You will not be disappointed when you choose Honey Photographs by Alyss to capture your big day!