Washington, DC 20001 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,600
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 1

About Honey Photographs

My name is Alyss, rhyming with felice, and I'm here to drink all the coffee and take your photograph. I collect colored tights, encourage jumping on the bed, and prefer reading over sleeping.

I have a love of uncommon words that honor the common things in life. Balter: to dance clumsily with much enjoyment. Pareidolia: the instinct to seek familiar images in clouds or constellations. Hoppipolia: the act of jumping in puddles. Cafune: running your fingers through the hair of one you love. Strikhedonia: the pleasure of being able to say, "to hell with it." Psithsurism: the sound of wind in the trees.

And my favorite; Videnda: things that should be observed because they mark the character of a person or place.

If I photograph you, I will encourage you to play, even in your pretty photo shoot clothes. I will ask the real questions and listen for your story in the answers. I will search for that thing in you that creates that spark in your eye. I want to capture who you really are... when you are just yourself relaxing in your sweats, flaunting your videnda.

Contact: alyssmckell@honeyphotographs.com

14 Reviews for Honey Photographs

• Linda

Linda · Married on 02/22/2020

Beautiful Photos

Alyss and Blair made a wonderful duo to photograph this wedding. Alyss was able to FaceTime to meet with this long distant couple and connect with expectations.. She and Blair totally captured personalities and emotions in photos. Getting “Sneak Peeks” was exciting, then to see that they are so amazing it is hard to stop looking at them. Also their presence during getting ready, ceremony and reception felt as though they were part of the wedding and in no way intrusive while capturing those special moments. Thank you for being so wonderful at what you do. ❤️

Sent on 03/02/2020
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 11/23/2019

Alyss Exceeded All Expectations (and I had high expectations)

Ohmygosh Alyss. Photography was probably third on my wedding importance list- the first being my husband and the second being the venue. Looking at my wedding budget I knew I didn't want to skimp on photography but I also HAD to stick to the budget. When I hired Alyss and Honey Photography I thought it was a bit of a splurge (in my personal budget, everyone's budget is different!) but trusted my gut that it would be worth it. After the wedding I felt that I had secured the deal of the century. From my first coffee date with Alyss and Blair where they stopped mid sentence because they saw a photo opportunity they just HAD to take (exactly the people you want your photographers to be!!) to getting the final photos (there were sooo many photos) within a few weeks, the whole experience was amazing. To the point where I recommend them to everyone, even people who aren't asking, and I will ask Honey Photography to do every photo I need for the rest of my life. Not exaggerating. Aside from the love of photography, they are just fun people. I was a bit nervous the day of my wedding, just such an adrenaline rush, but they brought a smile to my face every step of the way, they reminded me that this was a FUN day for me! Also, when I was walking back down the aisle and my veil was sliding off, Alyss booked it down the aisle and secured it. Who does that?? Someone who is capturing the perfect photo while having your back, that's who. I'm ending the review here before it is too long for others to read, but just know there are many many other examples of why I recommend Honey Photography!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Alexis · Married on 08/19/2018

If you want to have the best pictures, photographers, friends, and time at your wedding, hire Alyss and Blair at Honey Photographs. I cannot put into words the amount of joy they brought us throughout this whole process. From our engagement photos to our actual wedding day, they were incredible. They are kind, funny, prompt, responsive, and of course take the most beautiful pictures. EVER.

They were early on the day of our wedding, coffee in hand...FOR ME! They made me so comfortable, and I really felt like I had two BFF's there with me, documenting our special day. I love them so much, that they were our witnesses on our marriage license!

Pictures were the most important thing for me, and I know I made the right choice. I actually knew I wanted Honey Photographs to capture my wedding day, even before I met my husband. HAHA! They're simply the best.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Honey Photographs FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3500
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    One Event / Day
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4600
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    One Event / Day
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Slideshow
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Prints
    Proofs

Real Weddings

• Flowers By Hilary Wedding Florists

Honey Photographs is amazing! I have worked with Alyss on events along with hired her myself for family photos! She is always prompt, professional and best of all takes GORGEOUS photographs. I am always happy with the work she has provided for me and always excited to collaborate with her on weddings. You will not be disappointed when you choose Honey Photographs by Alyss to capture your big day!

• Washington, 20001 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Honey Photographs)
  • Escondido, 92027 See on map
    Location of (Honey Photographs)