28501 S.W. 187th Ave, Homestead, FL 33030 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2

About Historic Walton House

If you envision saying "I do" in a lush, botanical paradise, we have the perfect venue for you.

Those dreaming of a tropical garden wedding nestled between Everglades and Biscayne National Parks, need to look no further than the Historic Walton House.

This dream wedding destination is where beautiful memories are made. The Historic Walton House is a charming, English-style cottage built in 1919 by W.K. Walton. The old-world cottage features a beautiful gabled roof and is surrounded by lush tropical gardens.

Situated in a five-acre botanical garden, the property includes a coral rock swimming pool with cascading waterfalls, a large lagoon with white swans and Japanese koi, as well as a sunken pond with a flowing waterfall, Macaws, parrots, flamingos, waterfowl, cranes, giant tortoises, monkeys and lemurs, add to the exotic ambiance. Adjacent to the tropical lagoon is a large Indonesian style Tiki hut with an expansive deck.

A private, antique Bridal Suite with bedroom and bath provides the perfect place for the bridal party to get ready for their big day. The property's lovely ceremony and reception areas make the Historic Walton House a picture-perfect venue from start to finish.

We are only 30 minutes south of the Miami Internation Airport and 30 minutes north of The Keys.

Follow Historic Walton House on

39 Reviews for Historic Walton House

• Yvonne

Yvonne Leibow · Married on 08/21/2020

Absolutely Magical

Let me start by saying that my husband and I were extremely blessed and actually won an all inclusive micro-wedding in which the Historic Walton House was the chosen venue. And OMG am I lucky that it was!

Frank at The Historic Walton was such a pleasure to work with. Was always asking what he could do to help or just offering us cold refreshments.

Now, the venue itself was out of this world. there isn't a bad angle in the entire place. The nature and beauty of it is so peaceful and serene. And the bridal suite makes for some lovely vintage chic photos. It is big enough to host a large wedding or something intimate and romantic such as my own.
    If I had to do it all over again even without the contest, I would with out a doubt! Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 08/27/2020
  • Aurora

Aurora Tan · Married on 07/24/2020

Perfect wedding thank you frank

Frank IS one of the nicest people I’ve ever encountered to do business with in Miami. I’ve visited a lot of garden style venues around Miami and couldn’t decide which was the best until I visited Historic Walton House. It was love at first sight — I immediately fell in love with this magical place. There are monkeys, flamingos, peacocks, swans, parrots and many many animals here. You can forget anything bad that’s happening in your life once you step your feet into HWH because it’s truly a paradise. And as animal lovers, my husband and I couldn’t appreciate more about how Frank rescued a lot of animals. But what really made me pick HWH was Frank — when he toured us, you just could tell he was not just doing business but he devoted his passion and love to HWH. He loves his place and his animals wholeheartedly and I knew it’s a blessing to do business with such a genuine person. And I was not wrong. Frank has always been helpful, responsive, attentive, and very very sweet. I just can’t seem to find enough good words to describe his attitude towards his business.

We visited HWH in Dec 2019 and our wedding was scheduled in May 2020. Unfortunately COVID-19 happened in March and we were forced to reschedule our wedding. Because of our personal reasons, we still wanted to have our wedding ASAP instead of postponing to next year but there were a lot of uncertainties going on especially in Miami-dade county. The venue had to close and reopen and face another “reclose” as the indoor dining was not allowed by the county. When I almost lost my hope of having my July Wedding, despite all the hardship, Frank tried his hardest to contact local officer and made our wedding happen. He complied with COVID-19 guidance by preparing masks, hand sanitizers and limiting guest counts.

It was during such a hard time that the Frank’s attitude and integrity really shined through — he never refused to help but has always been there to try to help us. The wedding was so beautiful, it was definitely the best memory in my whole life. I just couldn’t appreciate more. Moreover, Frank’s sister Matie was also a very sweet lady. She owns the Airbnb next door, so if you are looking for a place to stay after the wedding, definitely consider her Airbnb. It was so clean, organize and spacious. Frank’s mom makes really good coffee too! His whole family is just so welcoming and sweet.

If you are looking for a tropical garden style venue, look no further, because you won’t regret a tiny bit to do business with Frank and have a unforgettable wedding here.

Sent on 08/29/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Historic Walton House FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 7500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 6500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 7500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 6500.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Parking
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Farm/Ranch
    Garden
    Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Clean Up
    Get Ready Rooms
    Pet Friendly
    Preferred Vendors Only
    Wifi
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Shuttle
    Valet
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    January
    February
    March
    April
    May
    October
    November
    December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    June
    July
    August
    September

2 Real Weddings

• Sunshine Wedding Officiants Wedding Officiants

We love the Walton House! Beautiful spot for your wedding that yours guest are sure to never forget!!

• Simple Rustic - Table & Chair Rentals Wedding Rentals

Frank from the Walton house has been an absolute pleasure to work with. Not only is The Walton House one of the most breathtaking enchanting venues that I have seen, but they bend backwards to accommodate any of the requests we had setting up the tables and chairs for the wedding.

• 28501 S.W. 187th Ave Homestead, FL, 33030 See on map
    786-661-1145 (Phone number)
    Location of (Historic Walton House)