201 South Liberty Street, Centreville, MD 21617 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Hay Mckenna Photography - Elaine Studley

Elaine Studley is a photojournalist and fine art portrait photographer with a quiet, fun and very personal approach to wedding photography. "I love all of the details, shoes, flowers, the dress". "Her quiet style calmed and reassured us", "We barely knew she was there and then there were all of these amazing images". Our brides and grooms often remain friends for years to come and bring back their babies. That is one of our greatest joys. We are open days and some evenings. Come join us for tea or cappucino, go over albums and talk about your planning. Among Washington’s finest – Washingtonian Magazine

c2081665a318a097 1207157792644 Studley04
c2081665a318a097 1207157792644 Studley04

87 Reviews for Hay Mckenna Photography - Elaine Studley

David Ryan · Married on 11/05/2016

Elaine is AMAZING! Honestly (not to be cheesy), her pictures are truly worth 1000 words. She was so easy to work with and did such a great job capturing our special day. She was very efficient as well, which was great because we were able to maximize our time with our guests instead of spending hours taking pictures. i seriously can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Hay Mckenna Photography - Elaine Studley's reply:

Oh my T&R :) Thank you!! You totally made my day. You guys were such a joy to work with. Who could imagine 65 in November with leaves swirling the War Memorial. Food was awesome!!! The day could not have been more beautiful and fun. Please thank your families too. Xo E

Jackie · Married on 05/21/2016

LIGHTNING SPEED! I would like to point out that I got married on June 4th and by June 18th I had over my 1,000 final edited photos from my wedding, all immediately ready for download for no watermark. If that does not make you want to book Elaine immediately, you are out of your mind. Anyway, Elaine is a hoot. She makes people feel comfortable and gives just enough direction that you are not floundering out there, but is also not contorting you into these unnatural poses. She is also very good at giving you the types of images you want (from your pinterest board for example) while still getting great candid shots. The photos are stunning and she is very easy to work with, not to mention her prices are way more competitive than other places. She was always punctual (early even) and always stayed an extra 15-30 minutes without charging us, which is not something to take for granted in the wedding world. She was very organized and started to lay out a very detailed schedule with me several months in advance to make sure she was able to capture everything we wanted and even did a recon of the venue before the date. She is a professional and a really sweet person to boot. Her assistant was able to manage 4 grown (often confused) men with ease and take stunning photos of my husband. We are so glad we went with Hay McKenna

Sent on 06/20/2016

Hay Mckenna Photography - Elaine Studley's reply:

Awe :) Jackie and Julian you were amazing. You made the day so much fun for everyone around you, including us!! You guys smiled and enjoyed the entire day. You were absolutely gorgeous!!!! both of you! Our thanks to your vendor team and your families. .. from Becky.... :) Your "confused men" were a total delight! So funny!!! Best wedding party ever!!! Kudos to the Trump Resort. They were everything you said they would be absolutely on top of things and fun to work with. Stunning florals, great food and one of the best wedding bands we have ever heard. We do not often see grandmas dance the evening away. Absolutely priceless!!!!!!
  • User6620133 · 2+ years ago

Like most brides, I had phone screened several photographers before coming across Elaine. As soon as I got off the phone I told my now husband, “I finally found our photographer!” One less vendor for me to search for and stress over, so naturally he was happy. My husband has a very crazy work schedule and she was able to work with his limited free hours to take our engagement pictures. She made us feel very comfortable and relaxed. And if your fiancé doesn’t like modeling for the camera, do not worry one bit, she doesn’t make him pose and my husband actually enjoyed our engagement session!

During the time between engagement and wedding photos Elaine was incredibly responsive and so timely with her editing. Not to mention her work is beautiful.

On our wedding day Elaine felt like a member of the family. She went with the flow and again, she was so relaxed which made me relaxed. It rained, snowed and the wind was fierce and cold (in the Spring time!) I started to get frustrated with the weather and she helped get me through the day by taking great pictures where we could. She is a true professional who can make the best of your venue when it’s not ideal to go outside. Looking back on my wedding day I will remember Elaine as my amazing photographer who was a part of my big day.

We are going to hire Elaine in the future to document our family and I strongly encourage you to consider hiring her for your wedding day!

Sent on 06/04/2016

Hay Mckenna Photography - Elaine Studley's reply:

OMG D&B :) Thank you so much!! You guys were a total joy to work with. A wedding day is challenging and even stressful particularly with 25mph winds! You made it look easy and you made it fun for everyone. Party was a total blast. Best shoe-ly-wed game ever, among my favorite photos of the year. Thank you again!!! We look forward to documenting your future. Come visit!!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Hay Mckenna Photography - Elaine Studley FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 4,342.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Negatives
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 5,202.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Negatives, Thank You Cards
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Hay Mckenna Photography - Elaine Studley 1
    10% Off Photography on Off Season, Destination and Weekday Weddings
    Book our services for an off season (January-March), Destination or Weekday wedding and receive 10% off on the full contract amount.

• Park Hyatt Washington
    Park Hyatt Washington Hotel Weddings

Elaine Studley and her team at Hay Mckenna Photography are an absolute pleasure to work with. We have been honored to have them photograph many of our weddings at the Park Hyatt throughout the years and could not ask for a better partner. Their truly stunning photographs capture the lucky couple's love, excitement and joy in an exquisite way. Both formal portraits and candid photos convey a wonderful story of this special day in a couple's life, giving them such a great gift of memories for years to come. Elaine is so pleasant and friendly and always open to ideas and yet offers the best suggestions in terms of each specific couple's tastes. She is very responsive during the planning process and always available to answer questions. Turnaround time after the event to process photos is quick and efficient, always professional and of exceptional quality. The events team here at the Park Hyatt Washington highly support and recommend Elaine and the Hay Mckenna Photography team, as they will absolutely capture the most beautiful memories of your wedding day.

• Sue Chamberlain Flowers
    Sue Chamberlain Flowers Wedding Florists

I LOVE this photography business! They are every floral designer's dream! I have worked with a great many photographers in the past 28 years but Elaine Studley (Hay-McKenna) takes shots of the flowers and designs that no one else bothers to feature. The quality of the photographs is second to none. I only wish that I could hire them to photograph the flowers at all my events!

• Social Scene LLC
    Social Scene LLC Wedding Planners

I have worked with Elaine Studley many times and it has always been a pleasure. Her attention to detail and laid back approach makes her an asset at any event!

• 201 South Liberty Street Centreville, 21617 See on map