Austin, Austin, TX 78701 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 15

About Groove Knight

Groove Knight is Austin's premier Classic Party band.

A high energy dance band featuring outstanding area talent – including the most extraordinary singers, Groove Knight specializes in weddings, and is master of getting the party started and keeping it going all night long.

Groove Knight takes care to customize every performance to the needs of the client. They make the planning process easy and will emcee the events on your special night. At your request they can also perform lighter music for your dinner or cocktail hour before packing the dance floor with the energy of the full band.

Groove Knight offers a wide range of options, from the small 5-piece band for fun intimate events to the incredible 10-piece with their sizzling full horn section and four incredible singers. Groove Knight has all the options to fit your needs and budget.

Feel the power of generations of great dance music from the 60s, 70s, and 80s all the way through today – from a band who sounds like the original artists performing live.

Always professional, always a party – All the right music at the right time.

Follow Groove Knight on

Videos 3 Videos

96 Reviews for Groove Knight

• Hope

Hope E. · Married on 06/03/2021

Groove knight made our wedding!

Groove Knight is awesome!!!!

Not only were they more affordable than other bands I inquired about (and we booked the party package which has the most instruments) but they exceeded all my expectations with not only their wedding performance, but also with all the planning aspects leading up to our wedding. Dave is who I was in contact with throughout the whole planning process and he was always kind, responded quickly, and thought through things I wasn't even aware I needed to think through. He double checked my time line, called me the week before to make sure he was pronouncing our whole wedding party's names all correctly for the grand entrance, and ran through other things that literally never would have crossed my mind with me. The band also learned the song that my father and I danced to which meant the world (for no extra fee I might add). The wedding seems like a complete blur for me but all I have received from guests is praise about how much fun the band was and how good the songs they played were. I have gotten a number of videos of the saxophone player breaking it downnnn on the dance floor and it makes me sooo happy! We had all ages out on the dance floor enjoying the music and having a good time, which was more important to me than I realized. Groove Knight made our wedding so fun and memorable and they are one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding and I am so glad we ended up following through and choosing them. They were so stress free and EASY....which isn' t always a guarantee with wedding planning. I could not speak more highly of them. Thank you so much Groove Knight!

Sent on 03/10/2021
  • Erin

Erin H. · Married on 06/02/2021

Best Wedding Reception Ever Thx to Groove Knight

We hired the 10 piece band to play at our daughter's wedding. They made the night! EVERYONE had the best time!!! This is the band you are looking for. Ever member is an incredibly talented musician/vocalist so they can play a variety of genres. Every couple wants their special day to be memorable.....Grove Knight makes it memorable for you AND all those who attend :) Have fun and congrats~ You are going to have a blast!!! I've told all my friends that if they are available for your date, book them. If they are not, CHANGE YOUR DATE!!! Don't miss out :)

Sent on 06/02/2021

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Groove Knight FAQ

• Are you an agency or a band?
    Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    4 - 6
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play?
    Acoustic
    Reggae
    Rock
    Swing
    Top 40
  • What music services do you provide?
    Instrumentals
    Rehearsal Dinner Music
    Sample Performances
    Vocals
    Willing to Travel
  • What items are available?
    Lighting
    Microphones
    Sound/PA System

• Stephanie Rogers Photography Wedding Photographers

We recently photographed a wedding and Groove Knight was the live band. This group is incredible and is one of the best live wedding bands we have heard. Everyone enjoyed the music and not once was the dance floor empty. Hire them and you won't regret it!

• Isn't That Gorgeous! Wedding and Event Flowers
    Isn't That Gorgeous! Wedding and Event Flowers Wedding Florists

Great band!

• Austin Austin, Texas, 78701 See on map
    Location of (Groove Knight)