Groove Knight Reviews

79 Reviews for Groove Knight

• Omar

Omar Talpur · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Simply perfect

We had Groove Knight for our wedding in March and they were amazing throughout the entire process and especially that night.

We had previously seen them at another friend's wedding last year and when we were discussing whether to get a band or a DJ for our own, we kept coming back to how much fun they were.

We found their rates to be very reasonable compared to other bands we looked at briefly and decided to book them. One of the best parts about Dave and his team was how easy they were to work with. They understand that planning a wedding is stressful and that different people want different levels of control for that night. One way they eased stress for us was by sending us a list of all the songs they knew. Then then gave us the ability to curtail the list as much as we wanted by deciding what we wanted played and what we didn't want played. We actually didn't curtail the list at all and decided to trust them. They rewarded us by doing a phenomenal job of reading the party. After dinner was served, I don't think there was a single moment the dance floor was empty.

Our wedding was amazing and Groove Knight was a big reason why. We would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 04/19/2019

Jan Blair · Married on 07/13/2019

Groove Knight exceeded our expectations!

WOW! Groove Knight was amazing! We loved the way they interacted with the crowd & so accommodating to our wishes! They kept the dance floor packed all night. So many people have commented they thought several times the singing was recorded, then they discovered the "singing drummer "! Both ladies have amazing voices, all the musicians are very gifted! Do yourself a favor and hire Groove Knight, but make sure you in include the brass! You will not be disappointed! Thanks Groove Knight!!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Lupita

Lupita · Married on 03/09/2019

Exceeded ALL Expectations

We both knew we wanted a band to play at our wedding instead of a DJ, but we also had doubts about that decision. Looking into the different bands that would play for us, we stumbled on Groove Knight and it all seemed too good to be true. Dave was so easy to work with! He let us know where they would be playing in order to get to see the band play live before hiring them. THEY WERE PHENOMENAL! Unfortunately, we just got to see them play a couple songs, but even then we were blown away at how great they sounded. That sealed the deal for us. They emailed us with a few pages for info on the wedding and our overall likes in music based on their set list. Come the day of the wedding, the band was all set up at the agreed time, and everything ran smoothly. Half of the time, I would even forget we had a band because they sounded SO FREAKING GREAT that I thought it was the original recording of the song. The music at your wedding can make or break it, and Groove Knight really brought up the atmosphere! The singers were great, the musicians were great, and working with them was even greater. A lot of our guests were raving about the band during and after the wedding. I am so humbled and appreciative we had them play at our wedding. By far, the best choice we made and I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting a band for their wedding.

Sent on 03/21/2019

Jessica · Married on 02/16/2019

Best decision we made

This was the BEST decision we made for our wedding. Groove Knight was the highlight of the evening hands down. We’re so glad we went with a live band - Groove Knight had our guests on the dance floor all evening. We received so many compliments during and even after the wedding. Dave is an excellent communicator and the entire planning process with them was smooth sailing. We were able to have my dad sing a song during the evening and my now husband play the drums during one song. The accommodated all of our requests and we can’t stop raving about them! Don’t look no further - they are THE band you want to go with!

Sent on 02/22/2019

Jeremy · Married on 02/10/2019

Groove Knight = best choice!

If you're reading this review, you're in the market for a talented, rocking, entertaining band. If you want your wedding or event to be rocking all night long, this is the band for you. Having Groove Knight play at our wedding was one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process. The Groove Knight truly made our special day, perfect. The band was so good at reading the crowd, and playing music that keeps everyone, both young and old, up on the dance floor all evening. We received and still receive (6 months later) so many compliments from our guests about how fun our band was. Dave was amazing at responding to emails, phone calls, and so receptive to ideas that we had. We had opted to use one of their guitarists as a solo performer during our ceremony and it was perfect. We opted for the 7 piece option and it worked out great for our venue. I highly recommend going to one of their live shows and you can instantly see how lively, fun, and magical they are. The moment we arrived at one of their open shows, and saw dozens of people grooving on the dance floor, we knew immediately that they were the band we had been searching for.

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 02/09/2019

Amazing!

The Groove Knights were AMAZING! Our dance floor was packed from the first song to the last. They sounded great and the energy was through the roof. The song choices and order were perfect! My groom and I are huge wedding dancers and the band let us get on stage with them and interacted with us on several routines. We got told by many of our guests how great our band was. They learned our first dance song and performed it amazingly. They were on cue for all announcements. The planning process with them was easy, and they provided great suggestions to help with the flow of the night. Would highly recommend booking!!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Cathy Sharp · Married on 02/02/2019

Great Band

Groove Knight is the best kept secret. I was very apprehensive about Groove Knight as my daughter and son in law found them in Austin and hired them. They seemed great online but I kept thinking they were too good to be true. Most bands we looked at did not have consistent band members. In other words, they rotate musicians and you really don't know who will be playing at your event. Groove Knight is not like that. What you see is what you get and what you get is an incredible performance. They can play anything and they sound fantastic. Plus they are willing to MC your wedding reception or hand the mic over to you. They are so accommodating. I made their final payment on the night of the wedding. My coordinator gave them an envelope with a tip for each person and their final check. Dave, sought me out after the wedding and told me I had over paid. Wow! I would have never known that I over paid had it not been for the band's honesty. Truly Groove Knight is a winner! Hire them.

Sent on 02/18/2019

Emily · Married on 01/05/2019

Amazing!

This band is hands down the best there is! There was WONDERFUL communication and customer service throughout the entire process. Dave was a dream to work with. He was patient, kind, helpful, and understanding. I can't say enough good things about him. I am horrible with names, but we had a gentleman play acoustic guitar at the rehearsal dinner who was amazing. He kept the mood light and airy which was exactly what we wanted. For the wedding reception, the band had EVERYONE up and dancing. They are definitely able to read a crowd and keep them on their feet. We had so much fun and received SO many compliments. Even our photo booth vendor was impressed! We had the best night ever and are so thankful Groove Knight was a part of it!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Jenni · Married on 07/14/2018

We have two daughters. One got married last summer and we had Groove Knight play at her reception. This summer our younger daughter got married and she knew for certain that she wanted Groove Knight to play at her reception too. At both weddings our guests raved about the band! They are great at getting people up and dancing. They do a fantastic job of being super organized throughout the entire planning process and then at the event they make everyone happy with their fabulous music.

Sent on 08/03/2018

Lora · Married on 05/26/2018

I am the mother of the bride. I cannot give enough praises to this band. Incredible musician, vocals, and high energy. They kept the party going right up to the last song. Very professional. No issues, no problems, flawless. Fantastic communication. You cannot go wrong with this band. We had 9 pieces and the place was rocking. We knew they were good, but the band is beyond expectations.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Cathryn · Married on 05/12/2018

Don’t hesitate just book Groove Knight, you will not be disappointed. I selected Groove Knight for my stepdaughters wedding and simply went with my gut feeling that this was the right band and yes they were, and some! Not only were the 6 piece band/singers extremely talented and 100% knew how to get the crowd dancing, the acoustic guitar for ceremony created a beautiful ambience and the acoustic guitar & sax was moody for cocktails. I organized this wedding via email/phone from NJ and Dave made this task a breeze, he goes above and beyond to give you exactly what you want and due to his experience thought of things that would never have occurred to me to make everything run smoothly. From very early on in the evening I received compliments from guests on the band. Amazing job Groove Knight, thank you!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Branden · Married on 05/05/2018

As the groom that got to chose the band, Groove Knight is absolutely the best wedding band I've heard. The vocal range of all vocalists was beyond impressive. They catered the songlist to our preferences but for the most part we gave them free reign and they kept everyone on the floor all night long playing songs that the entire crowd enjoyed. This is the first wedding I've been to where the dancefloor was packed from start to finish without any lulls. Everyone I've talked to since the wedding has made a comment about how much they loved the band!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Christine · Married on 04/28/2018

If Groove Knight is available for your wedding do yourself a favor and book them immediately! These guys killed it and had everyone on the dance floor. Dave was by far the easiest vendor to work with and they are very reasonably priced. We got the 8 piece band and the extra horn section was the best decision we made. We hope to see them play again at any future weddings. Dave and Groove Knight absolutely rocked it and made it the best night every.

Sent on 05/06/2018

Javier · Married on 04/27/2018

I'll start this review by saying my wife and I super picky when it comes to music and ambiance and were looking for a particular flow for our wedding in April, especially given that we had to change our entire wedding plan a few months before our wedding given hurricane Maria's impact on our previous venue. Dave and Groove Knight knocked it out of the park, and we were so happy to have them be a part of our wedding day. We wanted a band with a solid repertoire of funk, soul, and rock and found them while madly researching central Texas bands. We were impressed by their catalogue and then super pleased with how Dave walked through our agenda of pre-ceremony, ceremony, walkout, cocktail hour, and reception plans and playlists to identify problem areas and ensure that the day was going to flow well. They provided the speaker system and Dave handled the day of operations of the playlists we provided before the reception. It was perfect, and have to mention three particular moments with which I was super happy: 1) the timing of my wife's procession song was tricky given it had unconventional buildup, and I recall feeling that the song moved perfectly with her walkup; 2) we asked if they could transition from a downtempo electronic song with an "Oye Como Va" sample into their rendition of "Oye Como Va," and from what I heard it sounded cool 3) we asked that they play "Tear the Roof Off" for the reception wedding party introductions, and that he say the names during the initial repetitive section of the song. Then after introducing my wife and I we asked that they transition into the rest of the song. I may not be typing that clearly, but all this to say it was awesomely executed and that Dave and the band are super fun and easy to work with!
    The reception itself was such a fun and exciting celebration, the band is high energy and really damn good. Huge part of making our wedding the best day of our lives. Thank y'all, and cheers! - JE Santiago

Sent on 05/15/2018

Ellen · Married on 03/24/2018

Bravo, Bravo Bravo --Standing Ovation for Groove Knight! They were absolutely tremendous at our daughter's wedding on March 24, 2018. Dave is an absolute pleasure to work with, the band members and singers so talented and they got everyone up and dancing and made the reception a real party as well as providing the most beautiful ceremony and cocktail hour music. We could not have been happier with the choice of music and best of all we could hold conversations and not have to fight the volume! Professionals in every sense of the word --Dave even helped my husband who has a wonderful voice surprise the Bride and Groom with his rendition of I Loved Her First -Dave worked long distance (we live in Connecticut) with my husband finding the right key and making the performance one to remember even with never having the chance to rehearse with the band --even having the background singers joining in! Do not hesitate for one minute to hire Groove Knight!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Ricky · Married on 02/10/2018

Groove Knight helped make our wedding reception one to remember! Dave was so easy to work with throughout the whole process, and very speedy to respond to any emails with any questions we had. We made a little edit to a recorded version of our first dance song, and when we told Dave about it he said they would be able to do it live and make it sound just like the artist's version. We were hesitant at first, but they knocked it out of the park, it was perfect! They kept things going all night long with hit after hit, and weeks later, people are still talking about the band and how much fun they helped make the reception! We chose the 8 piece band with the horns section, and they just helped make the night so perfect! I can not endorse Groove Knight enough, they will help guarantee that you and your guests have a special night to remember!

Sent on 03/14/2018

Erin · Married on 12/02/2017

HIRE GROOVE KNIGHT. Other than saying "Yes!" to my husband when he asked me to marry him, hiring Groove Knight was the best decision I made for our wedding. I am a planner and very detail-oriented, but I also like to have a good time. Groove Knight is the BEST wedding band I have seen. I'm not biased, I have been a bridesmaid 9 times and am a professional wedding guest at this point. Trust me when I say Groove Knight is better than the 16 piece band that was flown in from Atlanta for one of those weddings, the 16-piece band flown in from DC for another, and better than the award-winning recording artist that was at yet another. Dave, the booking manager, is professional and very prompt with his responses. If you are at the beginning of wedding planning you might not know how important this is yet, but it is HUGE. Dave knows what he is talking about because he is also a band member. His feedback and suggestions were invaluable and made the whole reception go more smoothly. The band itself: just wow. The videos don't do their talents justice. They learned a song for our first dance a month out and absolutely nailed it. Their performance was even better than the original! Guests are still telling me that the band made the reception the most fun they have ever been to. The dancefloor was packed all night long, and I've never seen so many people of all ages stay until the end of the night! It was all thanks to Groove Knight. Hire them. Between the amazing value and their sheer talent, you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Kim · Married on 10/21/2017

The BEST wedding decision we made was to hire Groove Knight!!! They were absolutely amazing and made or reception a blast!!!! Dave is great to work with and made sure he met all our request! They even made an arrangement of a song for my husband so he could play his trumpet with them! They went way beyond our expectations!!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Christine · Married on 07/07/2017

It's IMPOSSIBLE to put into words how SPECIAL this group made my night!
    I stumbled upon them searching for the PERFECT band to complete my wedding night and was so GLAD I did! The MOST talented, accommodating, professional, wonderful group of musicians you will EVER hire! The communication back in forth was fantastic! The TALENT & music selection, perfect! So MANY compliments from family & guests. The range of singing talent is AMAZING! We look forward to having them come back when ALL of our construction is completed. (Hopefully they'll want to!)
    THANK YOU for making my WEDDING perfect!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Joy · Married on 05/28/2017

Absolutely amazing! Groove Knight brought so much energy and excitement to our wedding. Choosing them for our wedding was hands down one of the best decisions we made. Our friends and family had such an amazing time and the dance floor was PACKED the whole night. After the (first) last song, the crowd even demanded one more!

Aside from the incredible job the band did at the reception, they also provided a keyboardist for our ceremony who did a great job as well. On top of all of that, Dave was so easy to work with throughout the whole planning process up to the wedding day, and throughout the wedding day as well.

If you are planning your wedding and considering hiring Groove Knight - do it - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2017

Groove Knight band was by far the BEST band we could have asked for. They had the dance floor packed all night long with people of all ages. Right when we got engaged we knew a band was something we definitely wanted for our wedding.. we started looking all over for different bands and even went to go see a lot of them play. The Groove Knight band was by far the best not only with their technique but also with the variety of music they played. They had music of all ages from Love Shack to Cupid Shuffle.. it was amazing. If anyone is looking for a great time full of non stop music fun look no further than Groove Knight Band.. the best in the business!!!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Emily · Married on 05/13/2017

Groove Knight did such a great job at our wedding reception! Dancing and music was very important to my husband and I when we were planning our wedding. We listened to a few different bands throughout the process, but I was very impressed with the samples we heard online and booked Groove Knight immediately. They were so easy to work with and made the planning process a breeze.
    The members are so energetic and are extremely talented! I have had multiple people tell me they forgot the band was live because the songs were so close to the originals! They are great about reading the crowd and playing songs to keep everyone interested, they had the guests on the dance floor the whole time!
    They have a great selection of songs to choose from. If there is a song you want that is not on their list and its far enough in advance they will learn it. They also have some recordings for songs they don't have on the list and don't have time to learn.
    To sum it all up: Groove Knight is all around GREAT!

Sent on 07/11/2017
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 04/22/2017

10/10 would reserve again - although hopefully I won't be getting married again anytime soon. This band SLAYS. They were truly present and engaged with our motley crew of friends and family and let us dance all up in their space. Dave was extremely easy to work with and was very insightful as we planned our event. Additionally, he let me do some not-so-traditional things like sing the Father/Daughter dance rather than dance to it. He also obliged to my "no slow song" policy. We had seen them at some of our friends' wedding and absolutely wanted them to perform at ours. If you want a fun, kick-ass band, with a singer who BREAKS OUT A MEGAPHONE during Red Hot Chili Peppers and a drummer who goes ALL IN during the Isley Brothers' "Shout" then this is your band. My friends are still talking about how rad the music was.

Sent on 05/03/2017

Laura · Married on 03/25/2017

Groove Knight made my wedding night so perfect!! My husband and I keep talking about how great they were and had SO many people come up to us throughout the night to tell us how good they were and how much fun they were having. Still after the wedding people are telling us the same thing. I'm so glad we booked Groove Knight and you will not be disappointed when you do! We wanted our guests to dance all night and that is exactly what the band did. From the beginning emails back and forth with Dave, the manager to our conference call Dave was so great to work with. Very professional and will so easy to work with. The band as a whole were amazing to work with. They were even up to playing one more hour at the last minute but the venue would not allow, unfortunately.
    I can't say enough wonderful things about Groove Knight! It was a perfect night with a perfect band!

Sent on 04/12/2017