7712 Somerset Pike, Boswell, PA 15531 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 2 to 350
Availability Check your date

About Green Gables Restaurant

Elegant Green Gables, amid its renowned setting of graceful trees, lush lawns, meandering streams and lovely floral gardens, provides the perfect milieu for your special celebration.

Located at the heart of the Laurel Highlands in Jennerstown and conveniently close to Somerset, Johnstown, Ligonier, and a mere 60 miles from Pittsburgh, Green Gables offers decades of experience in providing first-class service for special occasions. For intimate gatherings or lavish affairs on a grand scale, Green Gables is uniquely suited to memorable events for parties of 2 to 400.

indoors

Green Gables Restaurant offers five areas which can be used together or individually depending on the size of your affair or the atmosphere you would like to create.

Three Terrace areas overlook the beautiful grounds and a natural waterfall. These spaces are perfect for dining or for small parties and can be combined for larger events.

The Tuscany Room and The Dining Room feature fireplaces which can be lit during the winter and on cooler evenings.

The Tuscany Room is the largest common space and features a 27′ x 34′ hardwood dance floor, romantic lighting, and bar area.

Outdoors

The beautiful grounds are a perfect site for a wedding ceremony.

The outdoor patio off the Tuscany Room overlooks the stream which meanders at the edge of the lawn. Depending on the weather, your event can be expanded to include this area.

Ample, complimentary parking is available for all guests. Reserved parking for bridal parties or VIP guests can also be arranged in front of the restaurant.

gablesexterior08061309 47 58wr

Green Gables Restaurant 1
Green Gables Restaurant 2
  • Missy

Missy Winkie · Married on 09/14/2019

Perfectly elegant venue with great service!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about my wedding at Green Gables. We had multiple guests tell us that it was the most beautiful and unique venue that they had been to. Teresa was fantastic to work with throughout the entire process. She was very prompt, timely, and incredibly efficient. She was always quick to respond to me with any questions or changes I had, especially the weeks leading up to my wedding. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating regarding everything we wanted to have at the wedding - we didn't get a single "no, we can't/won't do that" for any of our little details for the day (and between a ceremony champagne table, cocktail hour live music, cigar bar on the patio, and sparkler exit, we had a lot of little additional details for the day).
    The day of the wedding went perfectly. Teresa kept us calm in the presence of a bad weather forecast (that luckily turned around) and reassured us that everything could still be done and we had a plan B and plan C for locations within the venue. She also kept great communication throughout the day, checking in with me and my bridal party and keeping everything running exactly on time. All of the staff did a beautiful job with decorations and layout of the venue, and guests told me how polite and friendly all of the staff was.
    If you are someone who is a planner and wants to work with someone who keeps you on track for the entire wedding day, I can't recommend Green Gables enough.

Sent on 09/17/2019
    Green Gables Restaurant 3

Darlene · Married on 07/28/2018

This is one of the most romantic wedding venues you will find in western PA. The staff was wonderful, had an eye for detail, and very accommodating. Any question you have, they have the answer. The food was perfect, we had salmon and prime rib and organic vegetables from there gardens. If I had to describe the feel of Green Gables, I would call it rustic elegance. Our officiant told us afterwards that she had performed many weddings but this was the most beautiful one she has done. My second daughter already told me this is where she is getting married when that day comes. I can not say enough good things, it surpassed my expectations.

Sent on 08/31/2018

We could not be more pleased!! Everything from the planning to the end on the reception was nothing short of amazing. Theresa made it so easy and smooth. The food was great and the staff couldn't have been better. Gorgeous grounds to have a wedding. A++++

Sent on 10/03/2013

Green Gables Restaurant FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 750.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 750.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Clean Up, Event Planning, Parking, Set Up
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 350
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 2
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Historic Building, Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Lighting / Sound, Set Up
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access