Governor Thomas Bennett House

Governor Thomas Bennett House 3
Governor Thomas Bennett House 4
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 10/27/2018

The most enchanting venue!

I cannot say enough about our wonderful experience hosting our wedding at the Governor Thomas Bennett House!! It is the most unique and gorgeous venue - it was a destination wedding for us so we chose the venue before seeing it in person; pictures simply cannot do it justice. Our guests couldn't stop raving about how magical the whole place felt! We had our ceremony in the garden, cocktail on the grand porch and inside the beautiful home, and reception on the patio. We wanted to showcase the natural beauty of the space and were able to go with more minimal floral design and decor. I also loved that it was right in downtown Charleston - no 30 minute bus ride for the guests. We absolutely loved working with Linda, the venue manager, throughout the year of our engagement. She is so genuinely nice, extremely experienced, and was always happy to offer her expertise. I am so glad we chose TBH for our wedding and would highly recommend booking here if you can get a date :)

Governor Thomas Bennett House 5
    Governor Thomas Bennett House 6
    Governor Thomas Bennett House 7
    Governor Thomas Bennett House 8

Abi · Married on 05/12/2018

Unique and Gorgeous

I knew I would want to get married here the first time I set my eyes on it. I looked at other places but couldn't see it happening anywhere else! This blended my perfect garden wedding with not being too outdoorsy! It's perfect because you can get ready on site and never have to leave. That takes so much stress out of the day. Thanks to Christa and Linda for keeping up with this beautiful venue and making it a dream come true!

Erin · Married on 05/20/2017

My mother in law originally was interested in booking this location for our rehearsal dinner but once my husband and I saw photos of their property we knew this was the reception location we had been dreaming of. We booked this location in late 2015 for our May 2017; many people who don't know how popular Charleston is for weddings thought we were acting too hasty but booking this beautiful site early is an absolute MUST. After we sent in our deposit we were told two other couples tried to book as well. Both Linda and Crysta were very helpful in our planning and the execution of the reception. They communicated well and were a delight to work with. They made sure everything on the day of was running smoothly as I got ready with my bridesmaids. The house has a large bridal suite on the second floor that we had in the morning before leaving to go to the cathedral. The house has an extensive property that was recently renovated; there is a large garden with fountain that was a perfect space for our cocktail hour. We had both floors open for guests to tour during the cocktail hour which has a huge hit! Everyone loved the beautiful décor. The other half of the property outside had our tent (tent is NEEDED to protect against the sun!) with our guest tables, dance floor, and band stage. There is a new elevated platform that was perfect for displaying the cake. There is also a secret garden that is perfect size for games and high top tables, where we had our corn hole table sets for guests to enjoy. Overall this was a beautiful location that had everything we needed! Book as early as you can!

Award

Governor Thomas Bennett House FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 8,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 5,800.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 8,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 5,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Parking
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 250
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February

Real Weddings

• ACP Image
    ACP Image Wedding Hair & Makeup

Charrming, magnificent, and elegant! A legend here in Charleston that is professional and will whisk you and your party back in time! Whe I get notice that I am working with a bride at this location, I would be lying if I did ot say that my heart pounds with eexcitment, know that this is going to be a flawless and beautiful day for any bride to be. It seems like there are so many more words that I could use to desccribet this venue, but honored and memorized are the first two that pop into my mind! I look forward to getting out my makeup brushes and kit here soon and being part of a preciious moment and precious day in such a wonderufl venure that is simply perfect!

• 69 Barre Street Charleston, 29401 See on map