Quintessential Southern style abounds in Hopsewee Plantation, a venue ideally situated halfway between Myrtle Beach and Charleston, South Carolina, in Georgetown, recently named the #1 Small Coastal Town in America by USA Today. The plantation home contains a rich history for those couples seeking to add a historic touch to their wedding, bridal shower, engagement party, reception, or rehearsal dinner. Built 40 years before the Revolutionary War of 1775, this building has helped create rich memories and legacies, and is now ready to do the same for you. An on site restaurant, the River Oak Cottage Tea Room, provides the perfect ambiance for dining and catered affairs.
Facilities and Capacity
· Hopsewee Plantation can easily accommodate up to 300 of your friends and family.
· There is a dramatic tree lined entry to the grounds.
· Ample on site parking is available for all guests.
· The venue offers a relaxing waterfront location on the North Santee River.
· The grounds are filled with classic southern oak trees draped in Spanish moss.
· The state-of-the-art amenities meld perfectly with the woodland setting, creating a space in which you step back in time while enjoying the modernization to which we’ve all grown accustomed.
· Your ceremonial setting of choice may be selected from
• the cottage lounge
• the dining room
• the riverfront vista area
• the plantation home as your backdrop
Whether you choose inside or out, a Hopsewee Plantation event is a memory that will last a lifetime. Overnight accommodations are a quick 15 minutes away.
Standard Wedding Package ($4000 for the venue / $2500 minimum for catering) includes:
· In the plantation home, a bridal suite is provided for wardrobe changes. This makes a perfect photo op for your photographer as well as the perfect place for last minute adjustments and final bits of advice.
· Because we provide the catering and bar service ourselves, as well as all set up and clean up, you are able to focus on what truly matters throughout your wedding day.
· We offer both hors d’oeuvres only catering as well as a buffet dinner, with a variety of dishes from which to choose.
· Limited quantities of tables, chairs, linen, glassware.
Preferred Turnkey Package which includes all of the above + ALL of the following:
· Dance Floor
· Linen (tablecloths & napkins)
· Dinnerware, Glassware, Flatware
· Beer, Wine, a Champagne Toast
· All Wait Staff, Bartenders, Bars, and Drink Set Ups
· Assistance with rehearsal and wedding organization would be available upon request. You would not be required to have a wedding planner.
All you would need to provide would be your officiant, your photographer, decorations, your wedding cake, flowers and music. Pricing for the turnkey service is dependent upon the number of guests anticipated, type of food service requested, and whether alcohol will be served. We have found that so many couples prefer this turnkey pricing method. Not only does it save money, but also a tremendous amount of time and worry over various entities working together. This takes that concern from you so you can thoroughly enjoy your special day. Come fall in love with Hopsewee.
Recommended by 100% of couples
Tanya · Married on 09/30/2017
STUNNING views!! My husband and I hosted our wedding ceremony and reception at Hopsewee Plantation in September 2017 and it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We could not have made a better decision to host our wedding at this location. Thew views were unreal, the weather was absolutely perfect, and the owners and staff were wonderful! Raejean was so kind and accommodating. She made sure everything I wanted/needed was perfect. The food was SO delicious and she will make ANY menu you have in mind. All of my guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was. If you are looking for a location to host your wedding, look no further! You must book here, I promise you will not regret it!Sent on 11/12/2017
Ashley · Married on 11/19/2016
We hosted our bridal luncheon, rehearsal dinner, and Raejean catered our wedding at another location. Everything was absolutely delicious! She worked with us from day one to make a menu that was both within our vision and our budget. The food was delicious and my only regret is not eating enough of it at the wedding :) The venue is absolutely stunning. The large oaks with Spanish moss hanging down makes for the most romantic view ever! Whether you are looking to host a small event or a wedding, Hopsewee has so much to offer. Thanks so much to Raejean and the rest of the staff for helping us put on the wedding of our dreams! Love, The DixonsSent on 12/12/2016
Hopsewee Plantation Price Rates
Extremely professional staff, very easy to work with. This is definitely a treasure from the past as you walk among the live Oaks and over look the river. Every charm of the lowncounty is wrapped up in this beautiful property. We love working with them to create a memorable event.