10-500
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About William Aiken House

A meticulously restored National Historic Landmark in the heart of historic downtown Charleston
When it comes to once-in-a-lifetime occasions, a meticulously restored National Historic Landmark in the heart of Downtown Charleston is an unbeatable choice.

A seamless blend of 18th-century charm and 21st-century sophistication makes this 1810 estate one of Charleston’s most sought-after venues for weddings, private receptions, meetings and corporate events - and one of BRIDE magazine's "Best Venues In America."   Indoor and outdoor spaces showcase a museum-caliber collection of period artwork and antiques, sweeping piazzas, and elegant garden pergola and lush private grounds, accentuated by unparalled service and cuisine.

Categories: Wedding Venue

House Wine (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

I've loved this building as long as I can remember and there was no doubt in my mind that I wanted to get married here. The grounds are pristine and the inside is colorful and stunning.

We got so many complements about our venue from guests.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Cake, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Wheelchair Access, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Uncovered Outdoor

The William Aiken House is one of the most popular wedding venues in Charleston for a reason: it is absolutely stunning. ?Our relationship with the William Aiken House and Patrick Properties started on a somewhat sour note, because the price that we were initially quoted by their Sales Manager Tanya was not honored when she left. We were still given a discounted price (based on the fact that we were married in the "off-season") but it was still over $1,000 more than we were originally told. Additionally, some of the other discounts Tanya mentioned (such as rental shares, etc) were not honored when the new Sales Manager took over.

THAT BEING SAID, I have to say that everyone at PPHG really worked hard to make our wedding incredibly special. Jackie was so incredibly sweet to us, and she was extremely accommodating of our indecisiveness and last minute changes. Rachel was an absolute sweetheart, and she did her best to make us feel pampered on the day and to make sure our guests were 100% satisfied with their meal.

Our food was absolutely stunning. Everyone said that it was amazing, and no one had any comments about it being "wedding food." A word of caution: order more appetizers than you think you need. Our guests loved the food so much, that it was almost impossible for my groom and I to get our hands on any of the passed items. The oysters were completely gone by the time we arrived (though Rachel managed to find me one hidden in the kitchen).

The bartenders and servers were incredibly attentive. The facilities are beautifully maintained, and the grounds are stunning. The tasting for the event was substantial, and they even allowed me to create a new wedding cake flavor: rose. Definitely share your creativity with the chef and pastry chef, they went above and beyond to create custom items for us (a caramelized onion knish and rueben slider).

One of the only negative comments I have is that there was no hand soap in the carriage suite! Love y'all!

Profile Picture Victoria, 2/26/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We booked our wedding with William Aiken House and we couldn't be happier we did! We fell in love with the property from the moment we had our first tour with Jackie, and her accommodations throughout the entire process, and our event manager Abigail could not have been more responsive, helpful, and over-all awesome. Our guests LOVED the uniqueness and location of the venue. The layout was so perfect and made for a fun and memorable night. The food was phenomenal!! We have received so many compliments on the food, and one of my husband and I's favorite memories from our engagement was doing the tasting for the wedding because the food is incredible!! You will not regret having your wedding here!! They will work with your budget and ensure that you have the best wedding you could ever imagine!

Profile Picture Hayley, 2/25/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Signature Drink, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Cake

William Aiken House FAQ

23 Photos

My Photo Album

23 Photos

1 ENDORSEMENT
One of the things that always strikes us about the William Aiken House is the fact that such an amazing place is nestled on King Street. It's a fabulous location! But once you step on the property, it's like you are transported somewhere else. You DO NOT feel the hustle and bustle of nightlife or traffic outside the gates. You feel like you are on the grounds of a beautiful southern home away from the world. The house is immaculate and full of charm! The grounds appear medium sized in person and HUGE in photos! It's elegant, fun, classic, chic and modern... all at the same time! WE LOVE The William Aiken House! See why: http://charlestonwedding.com/index.html#/pearce/, http://charlestonwedding.com/index.html#/eady/, http://charlestonwedding.com/index.html#/toucey/

Events

456 King Street, Charleston, SC 29403   See On Map
843-853-1810 (phone) 843-377-0358 (fax)