456 King Street, Charleston, SC 29403 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About William Aiken House

When it comes to once-in-a-lifetime occasions, a meticulously restored National Historic Landmark in the heart of Downtown Charleston is an unbeatable choice.

A seamless blend of 18th-century charm and 21st-century sophistication makes this 1810 estate one of Charleston’s most sought-after venues for weddings, private receptions, meetings and corporate events - and one of BRIDE magazine's "Best Venues In America." Indoor and outdoor spaces showcase a museum-caliber collection of period artwork and antiques, sweeping piazzas, and elegant garden pergola and lush private grounds, accentuated by unparalled service and cuisine.

Follow William Aiken House on

William Aiken House 5
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 10/21/2019

Southern Charm

My husband and I booked the William Aiken House for our fall wedding about a week ago. The venue itself is a perfect example of historical and charming Charleston, SC. The rooms in the house are gorgeous and make for beautiful photos. We were blessed with amazing weather and made great use of the verandas, the courtyard, gardens, and the lots in front of the carriage house! Everything about it was just incredible.
    I had the pleasure of working with the Rachels and Abby, and they helped make the day of my dreams become a reality! We booked the venue almost 14 months before our actual wedding date - we fell in love with it and knew instantly that this is where we wanted to have our wedding. Obviously, booking that far in advance things definitely change - the catering menu got a little more refined. I panicked because I did not know how this would translate into the vision I had at the start - Rachel immediately reassured me and was able to work with me to create a menu that would fit the southern fare theme we were going for. The tasting was out of this world and we immediately knew that going with PPHG was the best decision! Abby stepped in and along with the Rachels she helped shaped my day into the most special day of my life. The cake artist, Jessica, worked with us to fit the exact vision of a cake that we wanted - and it was seriously some of the best cake that we have ever had!
    From the setting to the food, this place has it all. It even has separate rooms, and when I needed a moment, or when a mom needed a moment, they were able to relax. You cannot go wrong here - it is truly one of the most beautiful places in Charleston! The food is absolutely incredible, and we are still getting compliments on it. I would highly recommend PPHG and the team at the William Aiken House to help you make your wedding dreams a reality!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Sarah · Married on 09/28/2019

A gorgeous historic building that is quintessential Charleston in the midst of downtown!

When my husband and I started researching Wedding Venues in Charleston, we knew that we wanted something "Charlestonian" as many of our guests would be from out of town and we wanted to give them a Charleston experience. When we set foot onto the William Aiken House grounds, we knew it was the place. It is a simply gorgeous venue with a perfect location. It is right on King street, which allowed our guests to continue to party across the street once our wedding was over and also allowed them to be within walking distance of the hotels where we had wedding blocks. It couldn't have been easier for them! Furthermore, more of a logistics point, getting married in Charleston in the midst of Hurricane season is risky, to say the least. WAH provided us with indoor and outdoor space that would allow us to have a back up plan if we were blessed with rain during our day - fortunately we were not :) It has a room on the second floor that is perfect for getting ready in, and it has two carriage houses that are connected to it that you can rent out for the night before or after (or both) your wedding which is super convenient and they are beautiful!

Aside from its beauty and literally perfect location, WAH is owned by Patrick Properties Hospitality Group and thus, there is in house catering and organization. I cannot say enough good things about PPHG. From the moment that we stepped foot onto the William Aiken House property, we were treated so wonderfully. Rachel did a fantastic job showing us the grounds and answering all of the thousands of questions I had at the time and in the months to come. I must have emailed her a million times a day with "one last question" and she always responded quickly and friendly! Once we signed on to have our wedding at WAH, we were connected with Kailin, who started us at our tasting and ran everything on our wedding day. Let me tell you about KAILIN. From the moment we met her at the tasting, I could tell she loved what she was doing, and loved helping people have the most perfect day for their wedding day. She gave us great recommendations on things that paired well with each other and what guest "favorites" tended to be depending on the time of year. Similar to Rachel, she answered a billion questions and patiently changed my menu over and over again as I couldn't make up my mind about things! On the day of my wedding, she came up to me after we arrived after the ceremony and immediately asked me if I needed anything. The group had placed hor dourves in the upstairs room for my bridal party to eat before our entrance as we were all starving!! Dinner was delicious and the entire night, everywhere I looked, anyone who wanted a drink in their hand had one. As a bride, you don't hear much about the wedding until after it. I cannot tell you how many of my guests repeatedly commented on two things that are a direct reflection of PPHG: 1.) the quality of the food was to die for. from the hor dourves to the crab cakes and short ribs to the wedding cake and the gelato bar, people LOVED the food. And I can say my husband and I were given some extra meals to go home with and we were able to enjoy it again and again for a couple of days!! and 2. my guests could not stop commenting on the professionalism, punctuality, and fluidity with which the staff conducted cocktail hour, dinner, and dessert, and the bar. Furthermore, and most importantly, many of my guests commented on how KIND and friendly all of the servers were. Rachel and Kailin, along with the rest of the PPHG staff, made my guests feel welcome and guaranteed they would have a good time (which is what was most important to me as a bride) and they made my wedding day an absolute dream. I'm sure that there may have been snafus somewhere (like all weddings), but I certainly never heard of any, and that is a direct reflection of the quality of the personnel and the hospitality with which this company conducts its work. If you are looking to get married in the Charleston Area, look no further than WAH and Patrick Properties - it really will be the best day of your life.

William Aiken House 6
    William Aiken House 19
    Sent on 11/15/2019

James Fenimore · Married on 12/02/2018

LOVE THEM. 15 out of 10!

The venue, the staff, the management team are AMAZING. They put on one hell of a wedding. Food is delicious!

Sent on 12/03/2018

William Aiken House Pricing

William Aiken House Price Rates

William Aiken House FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Historic Building
    Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Event Rentals
    Get Ready Rooms
    Lighting / Sound
    Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Cocktail Reception
    Dessert
    Hors d'oeuvres
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Dance Floor
    Furniture
    Tents
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    March
    April
    May
    June
    September
    October
    November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    February
    July
    August
    December

• Richard Bell Photography
    Richard Bell Photography Wedding Photographers

One of the things that always strikes us about the William Aiken House is the fact that such an amazing place is nestled on King Street. It's a fabulous location! But once you step on the property, it's like you are transported somewhere else. You DO NOT feel the hustle and bustle of nightlife or traffic outside the gates. You feel like you are on the grounds of a beautiful southern home away from the world. The house is immaculate and full of charm! The grounds appear medium sized in person and HUGE in photos! It's elegant, fun, classic, chic and modern... all at the same time! WE LOVE The William Aiken House! See why: http://charlestonwedding.com/index.html#/pearce/, http://charlestonwedding.com/index.html#/eady/, http://charlestonwedding.com/index.html#/toucey/

• 456 King Street Charleston, 29403 See on map
    8773079243 (Other Phone Number)
    8433770358 (Fax Number)