Blowing Rock, Blowing Rock, NC 28605 Map · Phone number

About Golden Thistle Design

Golden Thistle Design is a floral design company based in Blowing Rock, North Carolina that specializes in wedding flowers that match each couple’s unique vision. They will guide you through the design process and work with different floral combinations to enhance the beauty of your event.

The floral designers at Golden Thistle Design take a personal interest in each couple and are dedicated to making their day a treasured memory through creativity and color contrast. They will ensure that your wedding is a true reflection of you, using their passion and expertise to help make your floral design decisions enjoyable and stress-free. Based on the amount of flower varieties and the complication of your design, they will create a custom package that suits the uniqueness of your event. These are the services they provide:

• Complimentary consultation

hcwg 148 final3 51 974198 1560116973

58 Reviews for Golden Thistle Design

Ann Jenkins · Getting married on 07/10/2021

wedding October 2020

Our daughter was married in October, 2020 at Chetola Resort in Blowing Rock, NC. We started our planning with the Covid virus as a known factor. The goal was for a fall wedding in the mountains of NC. Not thinking that 2021 would be much different than 2020, we went ahead with the smaller wedding. We selected Golden Thistle Design after talking to other florists in the area. We were looking for someone who would help us with an overall vision, alongside with the beautiful flowers. Hannah did this for us. First, our daughter discussed colors she was interested in with Hannah and how she envisioned her bouquet. A mood board was made up with visions for the bridal bouquet, boutonnieres, posies for the mothers, table arrangements, flowers for the cake and flowers to decorate a twig arbor for the ceremony. There were several ideas so our daughter could select which ones she liked the best. Hannah also helped with decorating the poles within the tent with beautiful flowing live greenery and she met me two weeks before the wedding to help me with a seating plan and dance floor area under the tent. She also provided us with gold chargers and votives for the tables as only decorative items are allowed on the table due to the virus. Communication was great with Hannah as she owns the business and responds timely to any questions. A simple text was all that was needed. Everything was decorated beautifully the day of the wedding. The arbor was amazing. Hannah did a wonderful job helping us with the flowers and the overall vision, which was also important to me. I would choose Hannah again. She was very professional, but also very pleasant as we worked to make the wedding ceremony and reception sites beautiful.

Sent on 10/19/2020

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

It was our great joy to help your daughter still have her beautiful fall mountain wedding despite the pandemic. You were a joy to work with and I am so glad we had the opportunity to make this beautiful wedding happen.

Kelsey Medlin · Getting married on 06/07/2021

Outstanding service and final product!

From the first consultation to the execution, the attention to detail was phenomenal! Hannah spent so much time learning what I wanted, as well as being flexible throughout the whole process (even with covid!). The final result was breathtaking!
    Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/24/2020

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

Your design was so lovely and we were thrilled that, despite the pandemic, we still made your wedding magical!
  • Andrea

Andrea Siefers · Married on 01/09/2021

True professionals & the most beautiful flowers!

Hannah and her team are true professionals and one of the best vendors I worked with for my Sept. 2020 wedding. Due to issues with the florist we were originally planning to use, I reached out to her with just over a month to go before our wedding. She was responsive and did exactly what she said she would do, when she said she would do it – I can’t even explain how appreciated this was and in contrast to some of our other vendor experiences! In our initial call, she got to know my style and preferences and then provided a detailed mood board for review and comment. I didn’t know how much I loved flowers until I saw the work that she and her team did for our wedding – the moon-gate, bridal bouquet, and centerpieces were AMAZING and I got so many compliments. I wish I would have gotten to know her better – but the reason I didn’t is because everything related to the flowers went so smoothly that I did not need to check-in or follow-up, she had everything under control! I can’t recommend Hannah and her team enough!

Sent on 09/27/2020

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

We wish that we had more time to cultivate our relationship, also. However, the time spent together revealed that your character was a bright and lovely as your flower colors! We are so glad that you had a wonderful experience as our goal is to ease the stress of each couple so that the joy is their focus. We look forward to photos!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Golden Thistle Design FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?
    $ 300
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?
    $ 85
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere?
    $ 25
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?
    $ 125
    $ 300
    $ 7000
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • How would you describe your floral designs?
    Classic
    Eclectic
    Glamorous
    Modern
    Preppy
    Romantic
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • What types of arrangements do you provide?
    Aisle Decor
    Flower Crowns
    Flower Petals
    Single Flowers

• Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock Hotel Weddings

Golden Thistle Design did a stunning job for our #localhighcountryweddingvendors last night at the High Country Wedding Guide issue release party held at Chetola Resort in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. The beautiful arrangements and attention to detail were widely recognized by local area vendors as a spectacular presentation of talent and superb quality! Hannah and her staff are amazing to work with and we look forward to future events held in conjunction with this team of individuals!

• Alexis El Massih Photography Wedding Photographers

I had the pleasure of working with Hannah as a fellow vendor on three different weddings and a baby shower. As a photographer and fellow business owner, I have learned much from working alongside her. I admire her genuine enthusiasm and professionalism when working with clients, as well as her attention to detail and commitment to high quality floral design. She is a true artist and visionary and turns everything she touches into gold!

• Blowing Rock Blowing Rock, NC, 28605 See on map
    Location of (Golden Thistle Design)