Golden Thistle Design Reviews

Golden Thistle Design 7
  • Laura

Laura · Getting married on 09/28/2019

Hannah is Amazing!

We had several calls with Hannah to discuss the look and feel of our wedding, and she provided us with an amazing proposal for our day. She has such talent and vision for what she does. We were always impressed by her kindness, responsiveness, and ability to interpret and understand what we wanted. Unfortunately we were not able to retain her services for our wedding, but any couple who does work with Hannah will not regret it! If we ever have another event in the area, we would definitely call Golden Thistle. A++ vendor!

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Leah

Leah Miller · Married on 08/04/2019

Hannah was incredible!

I was so impressed with Hannah and her team from start to finish! Her communication skills and professionalism could not have been better. She’s organized, creative, and so kind. I shared a vision with Hannah, and she was able to take it and run with it to create a beautiful design! Her vision boards were wonderful for keeping us on the same page, and she was able to work well with the budget we provided her. I was confident with Hannah through the entire process, and her design went far beyond our expectations! Our florals couldn’t have been more beautiful! Thank you for helping make our day so beautiful!! I would choose Golden Thistle again and again!!

Sent on 09/08/2019
    Golden Thistle Design 15
    Golden Thistle Design 16
  • Emily

Emily Neff · Married on 08/03/2019

The best in the high country!

Hannah is kind, knowledgeable, and has amazing talent! Our wedding we went with simple and elegant greenery and soft white flowers. Hannah made my dream come true with her flowers. Hannah and her flowers/greenery made our wedding day one of the best days of our lives. I wouldn't recommend anyone besides Golden Thistle to do your flowers for any event!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Colette Adams · Married on 06/15/2019

Chetola Resort Event

Hannah is Amazing! She is a true artist in flower arrangements. I needed everything blue. She filled the place with her magical blue flowers and one giant blue heart! It was a perfect day and the flowers put beauty all over the space! She is truly gifted and a lovely person to communicate with. I planned my event from another state! She delivered with perfection! SO GRATEFUL for someone who listens, gives attention to detail and delivers beyond expectations!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Ciera · Married on 06/15/2019

Hands down best vendor i hired for my wedding, 10/10

Working with Hannah was hands down the best decision I made when planning my wedding. She was extremely professional and went above and beyond to make sure my wedding was everything I dreamed it would be. She made the most out of my budget and was always available to work with me through any of my concerns. I felt at such peace on my wedding day because I knew Hannah would make sure that everything was perfect and it was. I cant thank her and her team enough and if you are looking for a florist I would look no further!! She is the best of the best.

Sent on 08/12/2019
    Golden Thistle Design 25
  • Maggie

Maggie Brown · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Florist

Hannah and her team at Golden Thistle Design were amazing. I wanted to have blue and white china centerpieces and started to give up on finding anyone who would be able to provide the amount I needed. When we met with Hannah, I was so happy to learn that she had a HUGE collection of blue and white and was more than willing to let us use pieces from her collection on our wedding day. She truly set the mood for our big day and went above and beyond - all of our guests could not stop talking about the centerpieces and the beautiful mantle Golden Thistle decorated complete with an antique mirror Hannah went out of her way to find for us. Everything was so beautiful and perfect and exceeded our expectations. I could not imagine our day without Golden Thistle Design's beautiful flowers and decorations.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 04/15/2019

They are amazing!

Hannah and her team are so sweet and helpful. I planned a destination wedding and they were there for me every step of the way without even meeting. I met Hannah the day of my wedding with the vision and dream I had in mind. They made our dream wedding come to life. THANK YOU!

Sent on 06/09/2019
    Golden Thistle Design 33
    Golden Thistle Design 34
    Golden Thistle Design 35

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

I am so happy that we fulfilled your vision! You were such a stunning bride, and you floral ideas were so lovely.

Callie · Married on 01/19/2019

January wedding

Hannah and her company were a blessing to work with! They gave us so much for the budget we set. The flowers were beautiful and the arrangements were stunning! Highly recommend her company!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Danielle Kaufman · Married on 01/12/2019

Winter Elopement Perfection

Hannah was so lovely to work with. We had a three month turn around for our elopement but she still made the time to understand our vision and execute to perfection. It was very clear that our small party was just as important to her as any larger event. We honestly could not have been happier. We wholeheartedly recommend Golden Thistle Design!

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Ruth

Ruth Belhumeur · Married on 11/03/2018

Fabulous Magazine Worthy Rustic Elegance

Hannah met with us to work on colors and flower choices. It was my desire to elevate the barn setting to a sort of rustic elegance. Her recommendation to use garland on the farm tables with rustic brass antlers and brass candlesticks and flameless candles was perfection. She gave me less expensive options to use loose lay and lanterns but I’m glad I stayed with the garland. I bought navy burlap runners for the tables and matching navy napkins inexpensively on the Internet. Her suggestion to use brass chargers was also a good one. It truly was wonderful and definitely magazine worthy. I spent more than 10-15% on the flowers but it was worth it to achieve what I wanted and to give a sense of elegance to the barn. I would use her again. She was wonderful.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. Your attention to detail was fun to work with as you really paid attention to all the little moments for the guests. I loved your personal touches and the design we came up with.
  • Carmen

Carmen · Married on 10/26/2018

WOW! Best experience EVER!! Beautiful designs!!

Wow.....I can not say enough wonderful things about Golden Thistle!!! Hannah, who is the owner and head designer at Golden thistle from the very beginning was amazing with all the above!! From the amazing communication, keeping constant contact, costumer service, designing a mood board with all the flowers and greenery she was thinking of using in our design for our wedding, setting up at our actual wedding etc! You name it she was on it!! I seriously only sent her a few ideas and just from those few pictures and speaking to me a few times she nailed the vision of our wedding! It was even better than i envisioned it looking! She worked with our budget and kept everything in a comfortable price range for us but still made our wedding look fabulous! I did my research and was in contact with lots of others before choosing Golden Thistle! I am so thankful I went with them! Hannah and her team exceeded our expectations by far!!! If your in the need for amazing service and beyond beautiful floral designs for your wedding! Do not look any further! This by far was the best experience I have ever had! Thank you Hannah for everything! It was a pleasure working with you!!!

Sent on 11/03/2018
    Golden Thistle Design 36

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

You are so welcome, Carmen. You were a pleasure to work with, also, and had lovely ideas. Your photos are jaw-dropping gorgeous. Beautiful bride, beautiful wedding!

Shelly · Married on 10/20/2018

If Golden Thistle is available, BOOK THEM!

I don't know where to even start with Golden Thistle. We heard about Hannah and her work through word of mouth and luck have it, she was available for our wedding. My mom & I met with Hannah on two occasions before the wedding to give her my vision & to see how the set up would be at the venue. I can not express how absolutely impressed I was with Hannah's product & personality. I've told her several times, all the things I had visioned in my head for the wedding, she brought to life. I had told her for the wedding vision, "If Joanna Gaines were to do a wedding, that's what I want" haha. Sure enough, on October 20th, she made that happen and if Joanna Gaines could've seen it... she would've been impressed! Golden Thistle was so easy to work with all around, from the vision, to paperwork, to the day of, I can't rave enough on them. Hannah has actually inspired me with her "mood board" for my own personal work. Can't say it enough, if she's available, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words and enthusiastic praise. It was so much fun working with you on your design. We are so happy that we were able to bring your vision to life.
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 10/14/2018

MORE than just an excellent team; Genuine friends!

When I began the wedding planning process, I wanted to ensure that I secured the best vendors but also stayed within our tight budget. After months of searching and speaking to numerous vendors, I found Hannah Hunt at Golden Thistle Design. To say she was a God send would be the understatement of the century.

I was one of those over involved and painstakingly detailed brides. Hannah took the time to answer all my questions and provide insight and suggestions as needed. She instantly was able to grasp my vision and execute flawlessly. The value of her work is unmatched. Not only did she provide beautiful floral details at reasonable prices but she also let us use her lanterns and gold chargers for our place settings for next to nothing compared to the rental fees from other vendors.

Additionally, I had some last minute changes in the number of bouquets I needed, for which she accommodated without hesitation. She and her team surprised us with some extra floral accents day of and also provided my family with a military discount for their service.

Most importantly, Hannah and her husband stepped in and acted as life long friends when some wedding stress occurred, offering their support and advice that was much needed. I cannot begin to speak highly enough of them as people, much less as a wonderful family and vendor team.

I am so honored that they were able to be a part of our special day and make the biggest impact in so many ways. If Hannah, Danny, and her team are available for your event (large or small), do not hesitate to book them. Run! Don't walk.

Hannah & Danny - thank you. From the bottom of our hearts. We look forward to working with you again in the future. Xoxo

Sent on 11/27/2018

Megan · Married on 09/09/2018

Golden Thistle is a 10/10!

From the very first correspondence I had with Hannah, I knew she would do a spectacular job. She cared about the vision I had for my wedding day, and with just a few inspiration pictures, she built the most perfect mood board with each individual flower for each arrangement I asked for. I wanted soft neutrals, with a romantic and Tuscan feel and she knocked it out of the park! She is such a warm and friendly person which is a great bonus, but her work is honestly just phenomenal. She's extremely knowledgeable, has an incredible eye for color and texture (a true artist!) and when I saw the arrangements for the first time I was honestly blown away. I never thought I'd feel so strongly about the flowers at my wedding since it was something I had a small budget for, but she worked absolute magic within that budget and it's one of my most favorite things from that entire day. Golden Thistle is hands-down the very best florist I came across and I am so glad I got to work with them! I'll cherish these pictures and my beautifully dried bouquet for my whole life!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Golden Thistle Design 37
    Golden Thistle Design 38
    Golden Thistle Design 39
    Golden Thistle Design 40
    Golden Thistle Design 41

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

You saying that my design was one of your favorite things makes me so happy! You and your mother were amazing clients and I love, love, love your color palette.

Susan · Married on 08/25/2018

Hannah, owner/head designer of Golden Thistle Design, was wonderful to work with! My daughter has relocated out-of-state, but both of us met with Hannah and explained the idea of a simple garden wedding and small reception, with colors of navy and burgundy. Hannah listened and developed stunning designs for the bridal bouquet and halo (also had them for bridal portraits), as well as bridesmaid bouquets, wrist corsages, boutonnieres, table centerpieces, and cake flowers. Our guests were very complimentary of all of Hannah's designs -- we had a very happy bride (and mother)!

Sent on 09/03/2018
    Golden Thistle Design 42
    Golden Thistle Design 43
    Golden Thistle Design 44
    Golden Thistle Design 45

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

It was so sentimental to work on Susan’s wedding at the same venue where I was married 29 years ago. She is a beautiful spirit, so kind and genuine. Your idea for the floral crown was amazing and she looked so regal!

Hannah · Married on 08/18/2018

Golden Thistle Design was absolutely amazing. Hannah captured everything I imagined my wedding flowers to look like. My bouquet, bridesmaids bouquets, flower crowns, centerpieces and the stunning moon arch she did for me. Everything was absolutely perfect. Thank you so much for making my dream a reality and thank you for listening to what I wanted. I couldn’t have been happier!

Golden Thistle Design 46

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

I loved your vibrant colors and creative boho flair. It was great working with you! You were a vision!

Blyss · Married on 08/18/2018

Lead designer and owner, Hannah Hunt, and her design apprentice (and daughter), Erin Sydney, were absolutely outstanding to work with. Golden Thistle Design made the wedding and reception spaces look exactly as we hoped and dreamed they would. The floral creations were beyond stunning, and made our son and daugther-in-law's wedding truly THE BEST DAY EVER! Everything looked perfect, and none of the bridal party, or family had to lift a finger, or stress over anything. Hannah and Erin took care of everything for us and got it just right! We are forever grateful to them for bringing the bride and groom's vision of their wedding to life. And, we felt so fortunate to get to be the debut wedding of the Moon Glow Arbor. It was absolutely breathtaking at the The Cliffs at Twickenham Estate! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Golden Thistle Design 47
    Golden Thistle Design 48

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

The photos with the moon gate arbor are some of my favorites to date. So glad we made that happen and brought dreams to life!

Erin · Married on 07/21/2018

Hannah and her team exceeded every expectation I had. I kept looking around in awe of what she had done (I still am even as I write this). She really captured a natural elegance that I couldn't quite articulate in our meetings but she some who knew thats exactly want I wanted. Also, my bouquet...I felt like I could never part with it.

In addition to being extremely talented, she and her team are so kind, organized, and patient. It was an absolute pleasure to work with her. I cannot recommend Golden Thistle enough.

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

You and your mom were so much fun to work with. Your easy going personality, with comedic wit, made our consultations so enjoyable. I am so thrilled that we captured everything the way you wanted it. Knock ‘em dead on Broadway!

Ellen · Married on 07/14/2018

Hannah Hunt of Golden Thistle Design is immensely creative and talented. She listens well and executes perfectly. She and her team of assistants did all of the flowers and decor for our recent wedding and rehearsal dinner in Blowing Rock, NC. I cannot recommend her more highly and found her a delight to work with.

Sent on 07/19/2018

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. You, and everyone from your family that we encountered, were a delight. My entire team had such a great time bringing your vision to life.

Taylor · Married on 07/14/2018

Golden Thistle did the florals for both my wedding ceremony and reception as well as the rehearsal dinner the night before. I cannot say enough about how happy both I and my mother-in-law were with Hannah's gorgeous work! Hannah is incredibly kind, excited, and has a beautiful creative eye. My mother-in-law knows a lot about flowers (she is an amateur florist herself) and she immediately loved Hannah's vision for the rehearsal dinner. I was so incredibly pleased with how she turned my random ideas (I know nothing about flowers!) into truly stunning bouquets, centerpieces, statement pieces, and decorations at my ceremony and reception (as well as providing the gorgeous fresh flowers for my wedding cake). She also went above and beyond to decorate our honeymoon suite with beautiful petals and rosebuds that were such a meaningful and special surprise at the end of a very long day. Finally, my husband is in the military and Golden Thistle was the only company of all our vendors to offer a military discount (Hannah's husband was also military) which just made it an extra pleasure to work with her and her husband (I would have picked Golden Thistle anyway, though!). Hannah, THANK YOU for everything!!

Sent on 07/30/2018
    Golden Thistle Design 49
    Golden Thistle Design 50

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you and you mother-in-law. We are thrilled that we were able to bring your vision to life and exceed your expectations! Thank you for your new role serving as a military wife and thank you to both for the service you are giving to your country!
  • I

Ilona · Married on 06/23/2018

I absolutely loved working with Hannah. Planning an out of state wedding can be a pain. Especially with trusting someone via email to understand your floral dreams and turn them into your reality. Hannah, eased the nerves endlessly. She was professional, prompt with questions to ensure she had the vision I wanted. My wedding day came and Golden Thistle dropped off the most spectacular boutonnières and bouquets!!!! My arch at the venue and the table settings were to dream for. Thank you for exceeding my expectations.

Sent on 06/28/2018
    Golden Thistle Design 51
    Golden Thistle Design 52
    Golden Thistle Design 53
    Golden Thistle Design 54
    Golden Thistle Design 55

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! It is always a great pleasure helping our destination brides feel comfortable and confident. I am so happy that we met your expectations and made your beautiful day more special. Congratulations!

Aubrey · Married on 06/16/2018

Hannah did an excellent job! My reception and ceremony were an hour away and Hannah had no problem or complaint to get them both decorated in time for the celebration. Everything was absolutely perfect from the garland to the table runners and the bouquets. I could not recommend Hannah or Golden Thistle Design enough! They were absolutely amazing!

Sent on 07/11/2018
    Golden Thistle Design 56
    Golden Thistle Design 57
    Golden Thistle Design 58
    Golden Thistle Design 59

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

I am so glad that we were able to execute your design the way you had envisioned it. We loved your ideas and bouquet so much…such fun textures to work with!

Janet · Married on 06/09/2018

Golden Thistle created the perfect setting for our daughter’s wedding. Her arraignments were over the top. We received so many compliments from our guests.
    Hsnnah’s flower knowledge is extensive and is extremely easy to work with. Her attention to every detail is amazing. Her team will create the perfect feel for your wedding. We loved working with her and her designs!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review and kind praise. Our team was thrilled to make Carolyn's wedding the day she had dreamed of! Her color and flower choices were a dream to design and her elegant, classic style showed throughout every detail.

Katie · Married on 06/02/2018

You know you've found the BEST florist when you see your topsy-turvy dreams come to life in the most magical ways. Hannah helped tease out the best and greatest of my personal ideas and blend them together in a cohesive whole that absolutely stunned myself and the guests. We couldn't stop talking about the flowers!

I can't imagine how much hard work Hannah and Erin put into making my wispy dreams become a reality. I have the most amazing pictures, and the flowers dried wonderfully, so I have some of the best memories saved from our wedding. She also uses a local gal to get superb fresh and 'organic' flowers from when they're in season, so I felt good about my special bouquet.

Sent on 07/23/2018
    Golden Thistle Design 60
    Golden Thistle Design 61

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

I love your sustainable outlook on life and was so happy that we were able to meet your expectations. You were a vision!

Jen · Married on 05/26/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about working with Golden Thistle. Hannah was so responsive and took the time to ask great questions to get an idea of my vision. When I saw the flowers and greenery in person, it blew my expectations away. She took my vision and ran with it and the flowers were more spectacular than I could have dreamed. She incorporated the other items for our tables (votives, candlesticks, mixture of types of vases) so beautifully with the flowers, it all looked so stunning. I cannot tell you how many compliments I received after our wedding of "your flowers were so beautiful!". Hannah also did the flowers at the rehearsal dinner my in-laws hosted the night before and my MIL would certainly echo everything I am saying- that Hannah was a complete pleasure to work with and the results were gorgeous. I am so very thankful I used Golden Thistle Design and only wish I had another event to plan to work with Hannah again!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Golden Thistle Design 62
    Golden Thistle Design 63
    Golden Thistle Design 64
    Golden Thistle Design 65

Golden Thistle Design's reply:

Thank you so very much for the kind words, Jen. Your vision was a delight to bring to life. Everything you chose fit so beautifully with your venue and we loved pulling it all together for you. You and your MIL were so fun to work with. May you and Erick have a joy filled life together! Congratulations!