Gina Petersen Photography

San Francisco, CA View map
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Wine Country/Destination Photographer ~ Gina Petersen is a Northern Bay Area based photographer specializing in creative,, classic, backlit images; Published in People magazine and on many wedding blogs, she balances her wedding collections with the traditional shots that are more classic and appreciated timelessly but also believes that the candid moments that are stolen when no one is watching are the images that incite emotion and recall the memories from your wedding day for years to come.

With a photojournalistic, soft-lit style, Gina strives to provide her clients with not only awe-inspiring images but to be an available resource. Gina feels the relationship between a wedding photographer and couple should be easy, comfortable and fun. There are many styles of photographers as well as different couple personalities. It’s important to be sure that the photographer that you choose is someone what fits your personality as a couple. Taking a limited amount of weddings each season insures that Gina has the time she wants in getting to know each couple, so that come the day of their wedding, she feels more like a friend than a hired vendor.

It is difficult for a photographer to capture candid, fun, romantic moments if the couple is feeling uncomfortable or uneasy being photographed. Take your time in finding what photographer works best with your style, budget and personality.

Gina is available for in-person, phone or Facetime consults. Feel free to contact her at 707.338.2703 or Gina@GinaPetersenPhotography.com.

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary

What photography services do you offer?

Custom Graphics
High-Res Images
Slideshow

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Message vendor

• Annie
    Annie R. Married on 06/25/2022

Best decision

Photos are one of the most important parts of weddings, and Gina created photos that told our story. It was beautiful photos that will help us relive our wedding day for the rest of our lives - she has a talent for taking beautiful candid photos (not those candid photos that we take, because we end up looking awkward and awful). It was a perfect balance of formal photos and candid, and it felt so “us”. My husband generally does not like to take photos, but with Gina, it felt so natural and fun. Our photos were timeless - they are perfect for my IG now but also perfect to show my grandkids one day. The cost is 100% worth it, because these photos last a life-time - do not hesitate to book Gina, I confidently believe there is no other photographer that could have captured our day more perfectly!
    Steph M. Married on 06/18/2022

Insanely talented photographer!

Gina is an insanely talented photographer and we could not recommend her more! She is extremely approachable and has such a relaxed, calming presence that made working with her an absolute joy! While my husband and I both tend to shy away from the camera, she did an amazing job helping us relax and bringing out the best in us and we couldn't be more pleased with how the photos turned out. She is so flexible too, making sure we were capturing all of the shots we wanted to while ensuring we weren't missing out on all of the special moments throughout our big day. In addition to producing the most STUNNING photos, she is very fast! The morning after our wedding, we woke up to the most heartwarming photo previews and spent the day gushing over them. And she delivered the full gallery well within the promised timeframe! What a TREAT it was to work with Gina!
    Haley H. Married on 06/11/2022

Effortless and Amazing

My best friend gifted my Fiance and me to an engagement shoot with Gina. My fiance and I originally didn't want to have an engagement shoot as we aren't big on PDA and we got engaged in the middle of Covid. But we were wrong in thinking no engagement shoot! The engagement shoot was the best experience that we could have received, ESPECIALLY with Gina.

Gina had such a contagious personality and made us feel comfortable in our skin. She really leaned into our personalities and was able to capture us just as I would have imagined. My fiance and I had so much fun and felt like having an engagement shoot really prepared us for photographs on our wedding day. Not only did we have an amazing experience on the day of the shoot, but Gina truly over delivered in communication both before and after the shoot. She was an absolute delight to work with as she is warm, brilliant, and truly amazing. I look forward to working with her again!
  • illustration stars

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

San Francisco, CA, 94954
Location of (Gina Petersen Photography)

Other vendors in San Francisco for your wedding