Gina Petersen Photography Reviews

65 | Petaluma, CA

65 Reviews for Gina Petersen Photography

65 Gina Petersen Photography Reviews

Meagen · Married on 09/02/2018

Gina was the perfect choice for my wedding photographer

I had an overall wonderful experience with Gina! From the beginning, she helped me customize a package that was right for me based on things I wanted and nothing I didn't need. I didn't really have a good vision for what I wanted at the beginning and Gina really helped me determine what I did and didn't want. She was the perfect mix of being accommodating with the things I wanted and also providing creative suggestions for things I was unsure of. Gina is the kind of photographer you want around on your wedding day. She is very professional and at the same time easy going, flexible and makes it fun! And most importantly the photos turned out AMAZING! I'm so obsessed with them and so is my family and basically everyone else I show them too! Not to mention she got the entire collection back to be really quick! Thanks again for everything Gina!

Jodi · Married on 08/31/2018

A picture is worth a thousand words. In our case Gina Petersen’s amazing talent and photography abilities are worth thousands and thousands – millions and millions – memories, smiles, tears, laughs, and just plain heart-warming visual memories.

We found Gina (Gina Petersen Photography) through our wedding event management and coordinator company Milestone Events Group and held our wedding at Copain Wines on August 31, 2018.

We initially had a FaceTime meet and greet session with Gina and her creative and warm positive demeanor flowed right through the magical “airwaves” and came through crystal clear during our meeting. She asked all the right questions, answered all of our questions, and most importantly, helped us walk through our wants, needs, and hopes for capturing our special events via the lens of a camera. It is the combination of all of this that made us feel an instant connection and confidence in her artistic eye, that we selected her before we ended our meeting. We wanted her eyes looking through her lens to be the one to snap the moments and create the magical memories that we would never have knew occurred or existed!

She was right on top of keeping our lines of communication open and effortless. Her quick replies and thoughtful truthful responses were so appreciated every step of the way. Thank you Gina for making our memories into pure art.

Meet with Gina, share your story and your vision, and book her for your special event or wedding. You will not ever regret the decision. She is amazing! Thanking Gina doesn’t seem to even come close to how pleased we are and there’s not enough time in the day to continue sharing our thoughts, feedback, and satisfaction. Book Gina and never look back…unless she asks you to in order to capture another cherished moment!

Adina · Married on 06/30/2018

Gina is every bit as amazing as you might expect and hope

Selecting Gina as our wedding photographer was hands-down one of the best decisions we made during our planning process. From the moment I saw Gina's photos online, I fell in love with her style. Gina is not only a talented artist who is amazing at her craft--she is also a true professional who is responsive, transparent, and committed to providing a great service to her clients that extends beyond photographing your day.

She was always responsive to questions or concerns--from the practical in terms of helping to create a realistic timeline, to providing reassurance to me the week of my wedding when the forecast predicted 109 degree weather and I was scared that I would look hot and sweaty in all the pictures--true to her word, despite the heat we still got an amazing collection of photos and I don't look at a single one and think "it was so hot!". Gina really listened to what we wanted and helped us to make the most of our wedding day, including an amazing efficiency in getting through our family photos to allow us to enjoy half of our cocktail hour with our guests, which was a priority for us!

We are beyond thrilled with the collection of photos Gina provided to us. She captured all of the moments of the day we hoped, plus so many great moments we didn't see or couldn't have expected. The hardest part is narrowing down to our favorite images to print because we love so many!

Your wedding day goes by in the blink of an eye--make sure to choose someone amazing who you can trust, who will be a partner to you during your planning process, and who will capture the day beautifully so you can reminisce and remember the day for the rest of your life. Choose Gina!

Gina Petersen Photography 1
    Gina Petersen Photography 2
    Gina Petersen Photography 3
    Gina Petersen Photography 4
    Gina Petersen Photography 5

Kelsey · Married on 06/09/2018

If I could give Gina 10 stars I would! She was an absolute pleasure to work with, from the minute I contacted her for an initial phone consultation, until getting my final wedding photos back. I really couldn’t have asked for a better person to work with on my big day. She put me at ease, and made me feel so comfortable from the very beginning. She was extremely organized, and very prompt with every email and text I sent throughout wedding planning. I am blown away with how both our engagement photos and wedding photos turned out. She is a natural, and it is very obvious she knows what she is doing. I always trusted that she knew what was best, and was going to capture some great images of our day. I found myself sad when the wedding came to an end, because this meant I wasn’t going to be working with Gina anymore! I 100 percent reccomend Gina to anyone getting married, she will not disappoint. I already can’t wait to find another excuse to have her photograph my husband and I!! Without a doubt, Gina is the best there is. :)

Emily · Married on 06/02/2018

When my husband and I were planning our wedding we both knew we wanted to find a photographer that had more than just the skills of taking family portraits. We wanted someone that could capture the emotions and essence of our special day and with Gina we found that times ten! From the first initial contact to the last, Gina was always ready to hear our vision and help us map out the things that were the most important to us for her to capture. She responded quickly to emails, was always attentive to our needs and was always ready to answer hundreds of wedding-planning-newbie questions (thanks Gina for that!). On the day Gina and her team were very efficient and helped gently guide the day so that things ran smoothly and on time. After seeing the final results we couldn't be more overjoyed that we chose Gina to be a part of our big day. We got to relive each moment and get a glimpse to the experience that our guests had. She managed to capture such emotional and intimate moments with family and friends. I would 100000000% recommend Gina to anyone wanting a beautiful talent to capture the special moments in your life. She truly has a gift and an astonishing eye for the little things that you could never think to capture but are that much more precious to you once you see the results. You won't regret working with Gina, she makes you feel at ease on your big day and absolutely delivers on gorgeous, timeless photos that you'll have forever! Thank you thank you thank you Gina!

• W

Whitney · Married on 06/02/2018

We absolutely love working with Gina. She really knows how to make a couple feel comfortable while getting all the amazing shots and all while doing it quickly as to not be away from guests too long. You are in great hands with Gina and did I mention how sweet she is which is a huge bonus!

Scott · Married on 05/28/2018

From start to finish, Gina was an absolute pleasure to work with. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our experience with her, from our initial consultations, our engagement shoot, and all the way to the conclusion of our big day. She was responsive to any manner of questions we had about the process and was totally open to the requests we made for how we wanted our wedding to be shot. And above all the quality of her work was fantastic -- we love how she made us look and how she captured the day. She came to us via recommendation and we would certainly do the same.

Jaclyn · Married on 05/05/2018

Gina was fantastic! When we were faced with the tough decision to post-pone our wedding due to the fires in Sonoma County we reached out to Gina for guidance - She was so graceful, sensitive and flexible towards our situation and made us feel confident with our decision to post-pone. We are so lucky to have found her! Gina captured many special moments from our day without us and our guests even realizing we were being photographed and we had a very, very intimate wedding! From the natural moments, the subtleties to the portrait sessions - We were pleasantly surprised to see the number of images captured and were impressed by how beautifully they were all finished. Gina truly captured the essence of our day and we will treasure these images forever! We could not recommend Gina more.

Christie · Married on 04/06/2018

Gina did a fantastic job capturing all the joy, excitement, and important moments from our wedding day. Our photos are stunning and we had some challenging conditions with the rain, but you’d never know it from the photos. Not only is Gina a talented photographer, she is a pleasure to work with. We will be treasuring our collection for years to come.

Richard · Married on 04/06/2018

Gina is the perfect mix of being flexible while providing the necessary direction of “herding cats.” Most importantly, the photos are phenomenal.

Rebecca · Married on 11/05/2017

Gina does absolutely beautiful work, and has been a lot of fun to interact with. From our engagement session and wedding day, interacting with her has been easy and relaxed. I think her main skill is the ability to see so much more beyond what you can see, adding an artistic touch and angle to all of her photography. You can just trust her and know she will produce for you excellent work. Thanks a ton Gina!

Jennifer · Married on 11/03/2017

Gina was absolutely amazing! She has an incredibly warm personality. She makes you feel comfortable immediately. We did both our engagement and wedding photos with her. Her creativity and level of detail truly captured the love between us and our family on our wedding day. The photos are absolutely beautiful and truly complement our venue and our love. I would absolutely recommend Gina to anyone in the area! She is special and I am honored to have had her share our special day with us!!

Gina Petersen Photography 6
    Gina Petersen Photography 7

Kanush · Married on 10/28/2017

Gina was fantastic and we had a great time working with her - very strongly recommended! We had our wedding across 2 days (Indian wedding + Western wedding) and she was very understanding and flexible about our needs. The whole experience was fun and easy and we ended up w/ a fantastic set of pictures from both days.

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2017

Gina was an absolute pleasure to work with -- start to finish! We did an engagement shoot with her before the wedding which was a really fun way to get to know her and get used to taking photographs together. On our wedding day we thought Gina and her team were incredibly professional and made us feel so comfortable from start to finish. She was courteous, professional, and really fun to work with! On top of it all, the photos were AMAZING! We couldn't be happier with how they turned out (and how many of them there are!) Our experience with Gina really couldn't have been better, and we're so grateful to her -- and all her hard work -- for producing a set of photos that we will cherish for a lifetime. Thank you Gina! xo

Dana · Married on 09/02/2017

Gina and her colleague Dario truly captured our wedding weekend with the most magical photos. Gina's calming, organized, and energetic presence (which was especially tested on an unseasonably hot weekend -- 110 degrees on our Sept wedding day) to help guide us through the day. I knew we were in great hands after the first time we skyped with Gina, who was extremely collaborative and helpful throughout the wedding planning process. Gina made all our families and wedding parties feel comfortable while taking photos during the rehearsal dinner and wedding day. She's a pleasure to share such a special time with, and the photos are wonderful!

Corine · Married on 07/30/2017

Working with Gina has been an amazing experience. From the beginning she was flexible with me and was willing to do what she could to make things work for me and make me a satisfied customer. I was looking for a certain style and I had a budget to stay under too, but Gina was able to give me a package worth every penny with everything I was looking for- and more. I am so extremely pleased with how the day of my wedding went, everything felt so natural and I felt zero pressure or stress while taking photos and throughout the wedding. I am so glad that she is so fantastic at what she does because I have the most amazing photos to show for it. I am so happy with them, it's like I was able to relive the entire day through them-and they look SO GOOD! I am so happy I chose Gina for my wedding, she truly is wonderful. She's so sweet and kind, and she wants the best for her brides. I felt like she was looking out for my best interest the entire time, and she definitely wanted things to go the way I wanted. I can't rave enough about how happy and satisfied I am with her work, Gina is an incredible Sonoma county photographer and I very highly recommend her for your wedding!

Renata · Married on 07/02/2017

We love Gina!!
    In planning a wedding, you have vendors, and then you have people who come to our wedding to help shape the experience. Gina isn't just a vendor. She works with you leading up to the wedding day to ensure everything goes smoothly. On the day of, her first question is, "Okay how are you doing?" like it's the ONLY and MOST IMPORTANT wedding she's been to (and believe me, she is booooooked).
    Upon booking Gina, we knew that she produced gorgeous images that capture natural moments (moments that we may not even know were happening ourselves). It shows in her work. And we suspected that she'd be fun to work with. But what we didn't realize was that we'd never feel crowded, we'd feel her warmth and sense of humor, she'd be strategically positioning herself for a perfect shot unbeknownst to anyone else, and that we'd have an amazing time hanging out with her. We cannot recommend Gina enough. You deserve the best.

daniela · Married on 06/30/2017

Gina Petersen is the most talented person we have met. If we could give her 10 out of 10 stars we would. We found Gina on our vendor list from Milestone Events Group. The moment I clicked on her page, there was no doubt that I fell in love with her style and wedding photos. Gina is seriously the sweetest. She made us feel like as if we have known her for a lifetime! We felt so comfortable and we could simply be ourselves on our special day. The best part is that Gina captured the true meaning of love through our photos. She was so much fun to work with and felt like she was one of our guests at our wedding. She reminded us to be ourselves and to enjoy the moment. We highly recommend Gina for your event and we cannot wait to continue our relationship with her for our future upcoming events. Thank you Gina, you deserve every star and more. xoxo

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2017

I want to preface this by saying I know it looks fishy sometimes when people give all five stars - but Gina is the real deal and deserves every single star there could possibly be.

Gina is a miracle. I found her on a website from a venue I looked at and she was a recommendation. I immediately fell in love with her photography style. She is one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet - but she will get real with people if need be. Gina spoke to me and cared about me on my wedding day like we were long time friends. She helped make sure that I got what I wanted and that no one got in the way. Her pictures are breath taking and I'd get married again if only to have the experience of working with her! You rock Gina!

Dean · Married on 06/17/2017

Perfect. That's the only way we can describe working with Gina and the results of her fabulous work. From the very beginning, she made us feel comfortable. She "got" what we were looking for. Her style is professional. During the wedding, you knew she was there for you, helping direct you to ensure we captured all those important moments, yet it wasn't intrusive. She also doesn't play any games regarding the access of the photos, the pricing, etc.. - you get it all, the actual high resolution finals. It was clear from the beginning that her focus was on us and her love of the art of photography was paramount. And it shows in her work. We highly endorse Gina.

Danielle · Married on 06/16/2017

My husband and I got married this June and we are so glad Gina was a part of our special day! She was friendly and professional and went out of her way to make sure we were both comfortable and at ease. We had done an engagement shoot several months earlier, so it was nice to see a familiar face on the day of and she really helped to make everything special for us. We recently got our photos from Gina and we couldn't be happier! It's a great mix of portraits and candid shots and we think they are gorgeous. We can't thank Gina enough and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Janell · Married on 05/05/2017

Gina makes you feel comfortable and confident! My fiancé and I were dreading the photo shoot, but ended up having a lot of fun! We wanted to do it again!

Mina · Married on 05/05/2017

Right when we spoke to Gina over the phone and after going through her website portfolio, we knew right away that we wanted to hire Gina as our photographer for our wedding at Robert Young Estate Winery (in Sonoma County)! She was always very responsive and the pictures turned out AMAZING :) We highly recommend her!

Debra · Married on 03/25/2017

Gina was a joy to work with and the quality of her work is excellent. She made us feel comfortable at our engagement shoot and our wedding, and it shows through in the photos. Gina is an artist when it comes to light and composition. We can't stop looking at our photos because we love them so much.

Blaire · Married on 10/22/2016

Gina as just the best to work with. She made everything so confortable and easy - and our pictures are gorgeous! I would highly recommend her!