Gina Petersen Photography Reviews

Gina Petersen Photography 6
Gina Petersen Photography 7

Danielle Wuschke · Getting married on 07/05/2020

Phenomenal Photographer!

Its hard to not sound over-stated when I talk about how tremendously fantastic our experience was with Gina Petersen. Not only is she a talented artist who truly captures the beautiful candid moments between us and our wedding guests, but she is a fantastic human! Gina was truly a highlight of our wedding experience. If you let her see who you are as people, she will capture all of that wonder in your wedding photographs! I would recommend her 1000000 times over!

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Gina Petersen Photography 8
    Gina Petersen Photography 9
  • Jenna

Jenna Antonelli · Married on 07/27/2019

One of the fam

Gina fit in seemingly with our wedding. It felt like we had known her our entire lives and that she was part of our family. She made us feel comfortable and capture our wedding and all of the emotions of the day. Looking back at our wedding photos we can relive the day over and over. We’ve laughed, we’ve cried and we feel very fortunate that our special day was captured in so many beautiful ways.

Sent on 08/24/2019
    Gina Petersen Photography 16
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 07/14/2019

Amazing photographer!

Gina consistently made my husband and I feel comfortable throughout the engagement and wedding's photography. She kept us, our family, and wedding party on track and everything went very smoothly! The pictures turned out beautifully!! Gina is kind and supportive throughout the whole process- from pre-planning to actual events. We DEFINITELY recommend her!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Jennifer Kim · Married on 07/06/2019

Gina was the best!

Going with Gina Peterson Photography for our wedding was such a great life decision for us. From her being so flexible with our schedules for our engagement shoot (we live on the East coast but got married on the West coast), to keeping us organized and sane on the day of, being super responsive and running with all of our day of bloops, working well with all of our vendors and taking photos that really captured our special day - she was more than just our photographer and we always felt like we were in good hands. Can't recommend her enough, and we had such a blast with her on our magical wedding day. Thanks for all of the memories and laughs, and for capturing them in the best way Gina!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Laura Luttrell · Married on 06/29/2019

Seamless to work with and beautiful work!

Gina's spirit is so bright - she is the type of photographer you want to have by your side on a special day. She radiates happiness and ease, and is highly skilled at what she does. My husband was worried about posing for photos being awkward, and as soon as we started the engagement shoot, Gina put him completely at ease. On our wedding day, Gina rolled with the punches when hair/makeup took longer than expected - making it very stress free for everyone. Our wedding photos were incredibly beautiful, and I'm not surprised given her passion and ability to capture the meaningful moments!

Sent on 08/05/2019
    Gina Petersen Photography 17
    Gina Petersen Photography 18
    Gina Petersen Photography 19

Nick Trowbridge · Married on 06/15/2019

Stunning Engagement Photos

Gina shot our engagement photos and we couldn't be happier. They are by far the most professional photos we've ever taken. She took us to a field with a gorgeous backdrop and took us through several natural poses. The use of light was really impressive.

Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Rowley Northen · Married on 05/25/2019

Gina is/was AMAZING! In every way!

First of all, my husband is not the most comfortable man in a PDA photoshoot situation, but Gina had us smiling and laughing throughout our engagement session. We had a blast and the pictures we received were truly wonderful. After this first experience working with Gina, we were so thankful we had hired her!

Gina is fun, talented, kind, SO easy to work with and was a huge asset on our wedding day. Not only did she capture the love and moments that made our wedding day special, she really stepped up to make sure we accomplished all we had hoped to accomplish on a day that flew by. I cannot say enough about Gina and the photos she takes. Our engagement shoot, our wedding pictures, our experience - all exceeded our expectations. Thank you for everything Gina! We'll cherish our photos forever

Sent on 07/25/2019
    Gina Petersen Photography 20

Katie Lyman · Married on 05/17/2019

The absolute best!

AMAZING! We are absolutely blown away by Gina! Not only are our wedding photos unbelievably stunning, but Gina was truly a joy to work with. She captured our wedding day perfectly - including everything from the big magical moments down to the smallest of details!

Gina has an extremely fun and energetic personality, which was so wonderful to have around us on our wedding day. She is so talented and her work really speaks for itself, and right from the beginning I trusted her completely knowing that she had our best interest at heart. If you want gorgeous wedding photos, you have to go with Gina - she is the BEST.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/20/2018

Speechless! The absolute best photographer!

Wow! Gina really captures EVERYTHING. My husband and I were beyond excited to work with Gina after our initial phone call with her. She has such a bubbly personality and helps you feel confident in choosing her to be the photographer for your wedding.
    My husband and I were in love with our engagement photos and knew we had chosen the right person for our wedding. Gina makes sure everyone is comfortable and she really captures all the special moments. She goes above and beyond to ensure everyone is on the same page prior to the wedding date - making sure she captures all the photos you want!
    Not only did my husband and I love working with Gina - our wedding guests and wedding parties did too! She is always smiling and is so personable. I had several friends excited to see photos before the day was over!
    Last - Gina gets you your photos ON TIME!!! She works tirelessly to make sure you get the photos of your special day on a timely schedule. My husband and I received our photos within a month of our wedding and were able to share the photos with all our friends and family over the holiday weekend!
    If you're looking for a professional, amazing, energetic, lover of life photographer - work with Gina Petersen!!!! She's the best! :)

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Ellen

Ellen · Married on 10/13/2018

Honestly the best

Choosing Gina to be our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made. She is such a reassuring and fun presence to be around and just puts everybody at ease. And her photography is amazing - somehow it’s not just the scenes she captures, but all the energy from those moments too. Looking back at our album, we can really feel all the excitement, love and joy from our wedding day come through in every photo. She preserved all our most important moments as well as the small, intimate details that we never would have seen if not for her photos. Once the wedding is over, all the memories becomes fuzzy - but Gina’s photos transport us right back into the very best day of our lives.

(I should also mention, the magic she creates with sunsets. She is a true artist and will make you GLOW.)

More than just the photos though, we never would have guessed what kind of emotional support Gina would be for us. She guided us expertly through the chaos of a wedding day. She kept the whole day running like a well oiled machine, so that we got all the pictures we wanted, but still got to join our guests by cocktail hour and enjoy our own party. Along the way, she made sure to check in that we were feeling good, that we got our quiet moments alone, that we were staying hydrated... more than our photographer, she felt like our friend.

We could go on forever about how much we love Gina, but we’ll stop here - just book her! You will not regret it.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Erin Mcmanus · Married on 10/12/2018

Wonderful!

We loved working with Gina! She is so friendly and easy to work with. My husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of a camera, but Gina immediately put us at ease during our phone calls and the engagement shoot and made it actually a lot of fun! And of course, her pictures are gorgeous, we love them and we have gotten so many compliments from family and friends.

Gina made the whole process easy, from pricing, to planning, and the day of. I would highly recommend working with her :)

Sent on 01/04/2019
    Gina Petersen Photography 21
    Gina Petersen Photography 22
    Gina Petersen Photography 23

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/22/2018

Bubbly, amazing wedding photographer!

Gina is the absolute best!!! Do yourself a favor by booking her! My husband and I had the pleasure of having her as our wedding photographer in September 2018. With photography being one of the most important vendor decisions to us, we could not be more thankful that we had the opportunity to work with Gina! She is not just a vendor, we were so happy to have her there on our wedding day.
    From the initial phone call, we felt so at ease and excited to work with her upbeat and open personality.
    Engagement photos were included in our wedding package and we absolutely love them!! She was so much fun to be around and made us so comfortable. And the photos turned out amazing!
    Prior to our wedding day, Gina was beyond helpful planning and making sure we received the shots and details we wanted. As she is an expert (and not knowing exactly what we wanted), Gina gave us great ideas on timing and fitting everything in. As it was obviously important to us to have photos to look back on forever, it was also really important to be able to spend time with our guests and enjoy every moment of our special day. Because of Gina’s incredible efficiency and organization, we were able to make it to cocktail hour and visit with our family and friends, which was really great! That was even without a first look, and she still fit it all in, while capturing SO MANY amazing photos!
    We were blown away by the beautiful quality and amount of photos we received! We couldn’t love our portraits more, and were also so thrilled by the amount of candid photos to relive our favorite day. The details, the portraits, the ceremony and the reception photos were all incredible! We will cherish the photos forever, and looking through them really portrays the love, fun and emotions of the day!
    Gina is so kind and fun, and we would love to use her again in the future. Thank you, Gina!

Sent on 01/01/2019
    Gina Petersen Photography 36
    Gina Petersen Photography 37

Johnny and Elise · Married on 09/14/2018

Unforgettable Day

From start to finish, Gina supported us in all of our wedding decisions and aspirations. Her flexibility and commitment to our wedding day was spectacular. Her trust to meet us a our favorite local brewery and to drive an hour up a winding road to photograph our ceremony was commendable. All of our ideas came to life with her critique and guidance. Our photos were ready to view ahead of time and exceeded our expectations in their beauty. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer in the North Bay.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Meagen · Married on 09/02/2018

Gina was the perfect choice for my wedding photographer

I had an overall wonderful experience with Gina! From the beginning, she helped me customize a package that was right for me based on things I wanted and nothing I didn't need. I didn't really have a good vision for what I wanted at the beginning and Gina really helped me determine what I did and didn't want. She was the perfect mix of being accommodating with the things I wanted and also providing creative suggestions for things I was unsure of. Gina is the kind of photographer you want around on your wedding day. She is very professional and at the same time easy going, flexible and makes it fun! And most importantly the photos turned out AMAZING! I'm so obsessed with them and so is my family and basically everyone else I show them too! Not to mention she got the entire collection back to be really quick! Thanks again for everything Gina!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Jodi · Married on 08/31/2018

A picture is worth a thousand words. In our case Gina Petersen’s amazing talent and photography abilities are worth thousands and thousands – millions and millions – memories, smiles, tears, laughs, and just plain heart-warming visual memories.

We found Gina (Gina Petersen Photography) through our wedding event management and coordinator company Milestone Events Group and held our wedding at Copain Wines on August 31, 2018.

We initially had a FaceTime meet and greet session with Gina and her creative and warm positive demeanor flowed right through the magical “airwaves” and came through crystal clear during our meeting. She asked all the right questions, answered all of our questions, and most importantly, helped us walk through our wants, needs, and hopes for capturing our special events via the lens of a camera. It is the combination of all of this that made us feel an instant connection and confidence in her artistic eye, that we selected her before we ended our meeting. We wanted her eyes looking through her lens to be the one to snap the moments and create the magical memories that we would never have knew occurred or existed!

She was right on top of keeping our lines of communication open and effortless. Her quick replies and thoughtful truthful responses were so appreciated every step of the way. Thank you Gina for making our memories into pure art.

Meet with Gina, share your story and your vision, and book her for your special event or wedding. You will not ever regret the decision. She is amazing! Thanking Gina doesn’t seem to even come close to how pleased we are and there’s not enough time in the day to continue sharing our thoughts, feedback, and satisfaction. Book Gina and never look back…unless she asks you to in order to capture another cherished moment!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Paula Kraus-Finley · Married on 08/26/2018

An Invaluable Gift to Our Family...Photos that Speak Volumes

Two years ago, I had the pleasure of having Gina Petersen do the photography for my oldest daughter's engagement/wedding. Her expertise provided us with guidance, support, and professionalism that is unparalleled. The images she captured from those events were beyond words; the closest I can come is "breathtaking". She thinks of things others wouldn't because she brings her genuinely warm personality to every moment. When my second daughter announced her engagement, the first contact we made was to Gina, to ensure she could be the photographer. With each and every person she encounters in the process, she makes them feel like family. Her enthusiasm and energy results in an ability to capture emotions that could easily get missed. Her attention to detail is incredible as she notices the small things that others wouldn't see in the moment but would be noticed in the pictures. The amazing quality of the pictures, besides the creativity, far exceeded any expectations we could have had. I am thankful for the love she poured into both my daughters' weddings and I would not even consider another photographer for a special event. Every time I look at one of the photos, I feel the beauty and emotions of the day and am so glad we had Gina behind the camera.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Adina · Married on 06/30/2018

Gina is every bit as amazing as you might expect and hope

Selecting Gina as our wedding photographer was hands-down one of the best decisions we made during our planning process. From the moment I saw Gina's photos online, I fell in love with her style. Gina is not only a talented artist who is amazing at her craft--she is also a true professional who is responsive, transparent, and committed to providing a great service to her clients that extends beyond photographing your day.

She was always responsive to questions or concerns--from the practical in terms of helping to create a realistic timeline, to providing reassurance to me the week of my wedding when the forecast predicted 109 degree weather and I was scared that I would look hot and sweaty in all the pictures--true to her word, despite the heat we still got an amazing collection of photos and I don't look at a single one and think "it was so hot!". Gina really listened to what we wanted and helped us to make the most of our wedding day, including an amazing efficiency in getting through our family photos to allow us to enjoy half of our cocktail hour with our guests, which was a priority for us!

We are beyond thrilled with the collection of photos Gina provided to us. She captured all of the moments of the day we hoped, plus so many great moments we didn't see or couldn't have expected. The hardest part is narrowing down to our favorite images to print because we love so many!

Your wedding day goes by in the blink of an eye--make sure to choose someone amazing who you can trust, who will be a partner to you during your planning process, and who will capture the day beautifully so you can reminisce and remember the day for the rest of your life. Choose Gina!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Gina Petersen Photography 38
    Gina Petersen Photography 39
    Gina Petersen Photography 40
    Gina Petersen Photography 41
    Gina Petersen Photography 42

Kelsey · Married on 06/09/2018

If I could give Gina 10 stars I would! She was an absolute pleasure to work with, from the minute I contacted her for an initial phone consultation, until getting my final wedding photos back. I really couldn’t have asked for a better person to work with on my big day. She put me at ease, and made me feel so comfortable from the very beginning. She was extremely organized, and very prompt with every email and text I sent throughout wedding planning. I am blown away with how both our engagement photos and wedding photos turned out. She is a natural, and it is very obvious she knows what she is doing. I always trusted that she knew what was best, and was going to capture some great images of our day. I found myself sad when the wedding came to an end, because this meant I wasn’t going to be working with Gina anymore! I 100 percent reccomend Gina to anyone getting married, she will not disappoint. I already can’t wait to find another excuse to have her photograph my husband and I!! Without a doubt, Gina is the best there is. :)

Sent on 08/05/2018

Emily · Married on 06/02/2018

When my husband and I were planning our wedding we both knew we wanted to find a photographer that had more than just the skills of taking family portraits. We wanted someone that could capture the emotions and essence of our special day and with Gina we found that times ten! From the first initial contact to the last, Gina was always ready to hear our vision and help us map out the things that were the most important to us for her to capture. She responded quickly to emails, was always attentive to our needs and was always ready to answer hundreds of wedding-planning-newbie questions (thanks Gina for that!). On the day Gina and her team were very efficient and helped gently guide the day so that things ran smoothly and on time. After seeing the final results we couldn't be more overjoyed that we chose Gina to be a part of our big day. We got to relive each moment and get a glimpse to the experience that our guests had. She managed to capture such emotional and intimate moments with family and friends. I would 100000000% recommend Gina to anyone wanting a beautiful talent to capture the special moments in your life. She truly has a gift and an astonishing eye for the little things that you could never think to capture but are that much more precious to you once you see the results. You won't regret working with Gina, she makes you feel at ease on your big day and absolutely delivers on gorgeous, timeless photos that you'll have forever! Thank you thank you thank you Gina!

Sent on 06/20/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/02/2018

We absolutely love working with Gina. She really knows how to make a couple feel comfortable while getting all the amazing shots and all while doing it quickly as to not be away from guests too long. You are in great hands with Gina and did I mention how sweet she is which is a huge bonus!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Scott · Married on 05/28/2018

From start to finish, Gina was an absolute pleasure to work with. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our experience with her, from our initial consultations, our engagement shoot, and all the way to the conclusion of our big day. She was responsive to any manner of questions we had about the process and was totally open to the requests we made for how we wanted our wedding to be shot. And above all the quality of her work was fantastic -- we love how she made us look and how she captured the day. She came to us via recommendation and we would certainly do the same.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Jaclyn · Married on 05/05/2018

Gina was fantastic! When we were faced with the tough decision to post-pone our wedding due to the fires in Sonoma County we reached out to Gina for guidance - She was so graceful, sensitive and flexible towards our situation and made us feel confident with our decision to post-pone. We are so lucky to have found her! Gina captured many special moments from our day without us and our guests even realizing we were being photographed and we had a very, very intimate wedding! From the natural moments, the subtleties to the portrait sessions - We were pleasantly surprised to see the number of images captured and were impressed by how beautifully they were all finished. Gina truly captured the essence of our day and we will treasure these images forever! We could not recommend Gina more.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Christie · Married on 04/06/2018

Gina did a fantastic job capturing all the joy, excitement, and important moments from our wedding day. Our photos are stunning and we had some challenging conditions with the rain, but you’d never know it from the photos. Not only is Gina a talented photographer, she is a pleasure to work with. We will be treasuring our collection for years to come.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Richard · Married on 04/06/2018

Gina is the perfect mix of being flexible while providing the necessary direction of “herding cats.” Most importantly, the photos are phenomenal.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Rebecca · Married on 11/05/2017

Gina does absolutely beautiful work, and has been a lot of fun to interact with. From our engagement session and wedding day, interacting with her has been easy and relaxed. I think her main skill is the ability to see so much more beyond what you can see, adding an artistic touch and angle to all of her photography. You can just trust her and know she will produce for you excellent work. Thanks a ton Gina!

Sent on 08/30/2017