Gina Petersen Photography Reviews

90 | Petaluma, CA

90 Reviews for Gina Petersen Photography

Julie G. · Getting married on 01/09/2022

We had an excellent experience

Gina Petersen does a fabulous job of portraying the authenticity of the moment. She has a keen ability to capture intimate moments without ever being intrusive. She took beautiful engagement photographs of my daughter and her fiancé as well as the photos for her small wedding. Gina is an excellent photographer as well as a special person. I would recommend her highly for any event.

Sent on 11/04/2020

Danielle W. · Married on 07/05/2020

Phenomenal Photographer!

Its hard to not sound over-stated when I talk about how tremendously fantastic our experience was with Gina Petersen. Not only is she a talented artist who truly captures the beautiful candid moments between us and our wedding guests, but she is a fantastic human! Gina was truly a highlight of our wedding experience. If you let her see who you are as people, she will capture all of that wonder in your wedding photographs! I would recommend her 1000000 times over!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Stephanie R. · Married on 02/29/2020

Gina in INCREDIBLE with the patience of a saint

Gina is soooooo incredible ! Flexible, knowledgeable, makes you feel comfortable. She captured some wonderful moments and we couldn’t be happier with the final photographs. If we had to do it over, we would pick her again and again as our photographer.

Sent on 03/14/2020

Claire W. · Married on 02/12/2020

Best Photographer Out There!

Gina was honestly so amazing to work with. When we met her for our engagement shoot she was warm and we immediately felt comfortable with her. She did such a good job directing us, getting us in good poses, and making us feel comfortable in front of the camera. That only continued through our wedding day! Everyone in my bridal party commented on how amazing my vendors were, Gina included.

The photos from our engagement shoot and our wedding turned out perfectly. Gina's editing was perfect and she got so many shots. We've loved reliving the day over and over through our photos. I would do it over again just to work with Gina.

She is awesome and so easy to work with. 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 06/11/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel E. · Married on 09/22/2019

Choose Gina, she is the BEST!

We LOVED working with Gina! From our first call together we were impressed with her organization and confidence. She was quick to respond to email/phone calls, and she has the most amazing personality! When we shot with her for our engagement session and our wedding, we had so much fun. She is so good at wrangling people, and she made us feel comfortable & at ease. Oh, and her photos? They're gorgeous. She has undeniable talent, and we feel so lucky that she shared it with us. We love you Gina!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/14/2019

Best experience!!

GINA is amazing. I met her a few years ago because I was in a friends wedding she was taking the photos for. I knew she was my photographer for my own wedding the second I got engaged. I think I texted her before my own friends and family :). I can not explain how talented she is in enough words.

I hate having my pictures taken, and somehow she makes me feel so at ease and like we're all just hanging out. I feel comfortable telling her what I'm insecure about and she's great reminding me to adjust while she's taking pictures. She's also just so much fun to be around; always happy and smiling. Her positive energy is something you need on your wedding day but just in general!

I love that she shows you a few pictures on her screen halfway through shooting to make sure the vision is coming together, she also is fabulous at giving you a few pics the very next day for social media :).

I'm so happy she was there for us on our wedding day, and we can't recommend her enough to others. We are so excited to use her in the future for our first anniversary, etc.

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • W

Will H. · Married on 08/31/2019

Wonderful experience; classic photos

Gina was/is simply an all-star photographer and was incredibly accommodating. Where we wanted something specific, she delivered better than we could imagine. Where we didn't know what to do, she had ideas that captured our moments perfectly. Our day went by so quickly, I'm glad to have Gina there to document every perfect moment.

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa C. · Married on 08/31/2019

Captured our day beautifully

My husband and I worked with Gina for both our engagement shoot as well as our wedding day, and we couldn't be more pleased with our photos! Gina was friendly and responsive from the start, and her delivery turnaround times were incredibly speedy (I never expected I would receive final photos 2 weeks post-wedding!).

For the engagement shoot, we had a bit of a unique request, as we are both big runners, so we asked to do a bit of a goofy shoot with matching running outfits after our "regular" photos. While Gina had never done something like that before, she was eager to give it a shot for us, and those photos ended up being my favorite of the bunch because they were so well done and also so uniquely us!

As for the wedding day photos, Gina captured every detail and moment that we could possibly want to remember with such great lighting and artistry. And perhaps most importantly, she made us feel so comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process, such that we were truly able to enjoy our entire day. It was an absolute pleasure working with you, Gina!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Cassie M. · Married on 08/11/2019

August Backyard Wedding

We planned our wedding from out of state and Gina was so great about helping us plan for the day over the phone. When we met the day of the wedding, she jumped right in, was so helpful and had great energy. She even got our pictures to us a couple of weeks earlier than expected, and we love them so much!
    Thanks Gina for being a part of our special day!

-The Madsens

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Parris

Parris S. · Married on 08/03/2019

Gina is simply the best!

Gina shot our engagement session and wedding photos, and our house (and our family’s houses) is now papered with her spectacular photos from both occasions. There are not words to describe how supremely talented and versatile Gina is. She is a unique and refreshing combination of unparalleled talent, fun, and professionalism. I am not typically comfortable in front of a camera, but Gina’s personality and confidence instantly disarmed and calmed me. I likewise very rarely like the way that I look in photos, and I literally cried from happiness when I looked through our wedding gallery.

Due to weather and timing issues on our wedding day, my husband and I only had five minutes (yes, five minutes) to get "posed" photos together. While more than capable of shooting traditional wedding photos, Gina knew that we really wanted more natural, candid photos together. In those FIVE minutes, Gina was able to give us EXACTLY what we wanted: photos that truly showed our love for each other without forced smiles and prom poses, that we will treasure for a lifetime. Her photos of the welcome cocktail hour, ceremony, and reception were equally stunning. All of our friends and family continue to rave about how perfectly she captured the emotion and joy of our wedding day. Her trained eye and perceptive nature enable her to communicate the emotion behind each special moment of the day through beautiful candid photos. Gina is also incredibly flexible and rolls with the inevitable wedding day glitches with the grace and composure that only a seasoned professional could.

Gina’s photography sessions with us went far beyond a service and bloomed into a cherished friendship. Gina has such a wonderful and contagious positive energy that she will become your instant friend too! We look forward to partnering with her for our many milestones to come. We are so grateful to Gina for the memories she has given us, and truly cannot recommend her enough. You won't regret placing your trust in Gina for your special day, we promise!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna A. · Married on 07/27/2019

One of the fam

Gina fit in seemingly with our wedding. It felt like we had known her our entire lives and that she was part of our family. She made us feel comfortable and capture our wedding and all of the emotions of the day. Looking back at our wedding photos we can relive the day over and over. We’ve laughed, we’ve cried and we feel very fortunate that our special day was captured in so many beautiful ways.

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 07/14/2019

Amazing photographer!

Gina consistently made my husband and I feel comfortable throughout the engagement and wedding's photography. She kept us, our family, and wedding party on track and everything went very smoothly! The pictures turned out beautifully!! Gina is kind and supportive throughout the whole process- from pre-planning to actual events. We DEFINITELY recommend her!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Jennifer K. · Married on 07/06/2019

Gina was the best!

Going with Gina Peterson Photography for our wedding was such a great life decision for us. From her being so flexible with our schedules for our engagement shoot (we live on the East coast but got married on the West coast), to keeping us organized and sane on the day of, being super responsive and running with all of our day of bloops, working well with all of our vendors and taking photos that really captured our special day - she was more than just our photographer and we always felt like we were in good hands. Can't recommend her enough, and we had such a blast with her on our magical wedding day. Thanks for all of the memories and laughs, and for capturing them in the best way Gina!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Laura L. · Married on 06/29/2019

Seamless to work with and beautiful work!

Gina's spirit is so bright - she is the type of photographer you want to have by your side on a special day. She radiates happiness and ease, and is highly skilled at what she does. My husband was worried about posing for photos being awkward, and as soon as we started the engagement shoot, Gina put him completely at ease. On our wedding day, Gina rolled with the punches when hair/makeup took longer than expected - making it very stress free for everyone. Our wedding photos were incredibly beautiful, and I'm not surprised given her passion and ability to capture the meaningful moments!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Nick T. · Married on 06/15/2019

Stunning Engagement Photos

Gina shot our engagement photos and we couldn't be happier. They are by far the most professional photos we've ever taken. She took us to a field with a gorgeous backdrop and took us through several natural poses. The use of light was really impressive.

Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie R. · Married on 05/25/2019

Gina is/was AMAZING! In every way!

First of all, my husband is not the most comfortable man in a PDA photoshoot situation, but Gina had us smiling and laughing throughout our engagement session. We had a blast and the pictures we received were truly wonderful. After this first experience working with Gina, we were so thankful we had hired her!

Gina is fun, talented, kind, SO easy to work with and was a huge asset on our wedding day. Not only did she capture the love and moments that made our wedding day special, she really stepped up to make sure we accomplished all we had hoped to accomplish on a day that flew by. I cannot say enough about Gina and the photos she takes. Our engagement shoot, our wedding pictures, our experience - all exceeded our expectations. Thank you for everything Gina! We'll cherish our photos forever

Sent on 07/25/2019

Katie L. · Married on 05/17/2019

The absolute best!

AMAZING! We are absolutely blown away by Gina! Not only are our wedding photos unbelievably stunning, but Gina was truly a joy to work with. She captured our wedding day perfectly - including everything from the big magical moments down to the smallest of details!

Gina has an extremely fun and energetic personality, which was so wonderful to have around us on our wedding day. She is so talented and her work really speaks for itself, and right from the beginning I trusted her completely knowing that she had our best interest at heart. If you want gorgeous wedding photos, you have to go with Gina - she is the BEST.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Ariel · Married on 01/09/2019

AMAZING! Book Gina today!!

Gina was truly incredible! She was kind, relaxed, and professional at all times. She made my fiance and I feel comfortable in front of the camera and even gave great tips to the wedding party on how to hold flowers etc to capture the best pictures. We also had some guests that were a bit overly enthusiastic with taking their own pictures during the wedding, and Gina went above and beyond to handle the situation with professionalism and understanding. Most importantly, our pictures are AMAZING! She captured all the small spontaneous moments and helped stage beautiful family and bridal party pictures. We had ~250 guests at our wedding with a giant Hora to kick off the dancing, and somehow Gina managed to get in there and capture all the best moments. We had a multitude of vendors at our wedding and Gina was by far our favorite. We cannot recommend Gina enough. We are forever grateful for her work and feel like we have made a lifelong friend!

Sent on 11/23/2019

Jann · Married on 11/10/2018

The Best! Loved by Bride, Groom, and Family/Friends!

Gina. Is. The. Bomb. One of the best pieces of advice is that your photographer is actually one thing in your wedding totally worth spending money on. Gina's top top value. Our photos are amazing. Moreover, she's the person -- other than your groom/bride -- that you spend the better part of your day with... including some amazingly joyful+intimate moments. So, you want someone who makes you both feel comfortable, to feel your true honest-to-goodness selves.

And, boy does she deliver! She wrangles your family with style and grace. She and her assistant (also a professional in her own right) were wonderful humans who were also amazing photographers. She captured tender moments, cheeky moments, and outrageous moments of laughter. My mom called her a "Ninja" because she made her way around the ceremony and reception so calmly and confidently the focus was kept on the celebration, yet in retrospect, she captured everything.

From our first e-meeting with her, we both felt at total ease. SO easy going yet super professional. If you have any doubts, just choose Gina. Looking at our wedding photos make us so happy, even a couple years later! Thank you, Gina!!!

Sent on 01/25/2021
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/20/2018

Speechless! The absolute best photographer!

Wow! Gina really captures EVERYTHING. My husband and I were beyond excited to work with Gina after our initial phone call with her. She has such a bubbly personality and helps you feel confident in choosing her to be the photographer for your wedding.
    My husband and I were in love with our engagement photos and knew we had chosen the right person for our wedding. Gina makes sure everyone is comfortable and she really captures all the special moments. She goes above and beyond to ensure everyone is on the same page prior to the wedding date - making sure she captures all the photos you want!
    Not only did my husband and I love working with Gina - our wedding guests and wedding parties did too! She is always smiling and is so personable. I had several friends excited to see photos before the day was over!
    Last - Gina gets you your photos ON TIME!!! She works tirelessly to make sure you get the photos of your special day on a timely schedule. My husband and I received our photos within a month of our wedding and were able to share the photos with all our friends and family over the holiday weekend!
    If you're looking for a professional, amazing, energetic, lover of life photographer - work with Gina Petersen!!!! She's the best! :)

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Ellen

Ellen · Married on 10/13/2018

Honestly the best

Choosing Gina to be our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made. She is such a reassuring and fun presence to be around and just puts everybody at ease. And her photography is amazing - somehow it’s not just the scenes she captures, but all the energy from those moments too. Looking back at our album, we can really feel all the excitement, love and joy from our wedding day come through in every photo. She preserved all our most important moments as well as the small, intimate details that we never would have seen if not for her photos. Once the wedding is over, all the memories becomes fuzzy - but Gina’s photos transport us right back into the very best day of our lives.

(I should also mention, the magic she creates with sunsets. She is a true artist and will make you GLOW.)

More than just the photos though, we never would have guessed what kind of emotional support Gina would be for us. She guided us expertly through the chaos of a wedding day. She kept the whole day running like a well oiled machine, so that we got all the pictures we wanted, but still got to join our guests by cocktail hour and enjoy our own party. Along the way, she made sure to check in that we were feeling good, that we got our quiet moments alone, that we were staying hydrated... more than our photographer, she felt like our friend.

We could go on forever about how much we love Gina, but we’ll stop here - just book her! You will not regret it.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Erin M. · Married on 10/12/2018

Wonderful!

We loved working with Gina! She is so friendly and easy to work with. My husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of a camera, but Gina immediately put us at ease during our phone calls and the engagement shoot and made it actually a lot of fun! And of course, her pictures are gorgeous, we love them and we have gotten so many compliments from family and friends.

Gina made the whole process easy, from pricing, to planning, and the day of. I would highly recommend working with her :)

Sent on 01/04/2019

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/22/2018

Bubbly, amazing wedding photographer!

Gina is the absolute best!!! Do yourself a favor by booking her! My husband and I had the pleasure of having her as our wedding photographer in September 2018. With photography being one of the most important vendor decisions to us, we could not be more thankful that we had the opportunity to work with Gina! She is not just a vendor, we were so happy to have her there on our wedding day.
    From the initial phone call, we felt so at ease and excited to work with her upbeat and open personality.
    Engagement photos were included in our wedding package and we absolutely love them!! She was so much fun to be around and made us so comfortable. And the photos turned out amazing!
    Prior to our wedding day, Gina was beyond helpful planning and making sure we received the shots and details we wanted. As she is an expert (and not knowing exactly what we wanted), Gina gave us great ideas on timing and fitting everything in. As it was obviously important to us to have photos to look back on forever, it was also really important to be able to spend time with our guests and enjoy every moment of our special day. Because of Gina’s incredible efficiency and organization, we were able to make it to cocktail hour and visit with our family and friends, which was really great! That was even without a first look, and she still fit it all in, while capturing SO MANY amazing photos!
    We were blown away by the beautiful quality and amount of photos we received! We couldn’t love our portraits more, and were also so thrilled by the amount of candid photos to relive our favorite day. The details, the portraits, the ceremony and the reception photos were all incredible! We will cherish the photos forever, and looking through them really portrays the love, fun and emotions of the day!
    Gina is so kind and fun, and we would love to use her again in the future. Thank you, Gina!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Johnny A. · Married on 09/14/2018

Unforgettable Day

From start to finish, Gina supported us in all of our wedding decisions and aspirations. Her flexibility and commitment to our wedding day was spectacular. Her trust to meet us a our favorite local brewery and to drive an hour up a winding road to photograph our ceremony was commendable. All of our ideas came to life with her critique and guidance. Our photos were ready to view ahead of time and exceeded our expectations in their beauty. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer in the North Bay.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Meagen · Married on 09/02/2018

Gina was the perfect choice for my wedding photographer

I had an overall wonderful experience with Gina! From the beginning, she helped me customize a package that was right for me based on things I wanted and nothing I didn't need. I didn't really have a good vision for what I wanted at the beginning and Gina really helped me determine what I did and didn't want. She was the perfect mix of being accommodating with the things I wanted and also providing creative suggestions for things I was unsure of. Gina is the kind of photographer you want around on your wedding day. She is very professional and at the same time easy going, flexible and makes it fun! And most importantly the photos turned out AMAZING! I'm so obsessed with them and so is my family and basically everyone else I show them too! Not to mention she got the entire collection back to be really quick! Thanks again for everything Gina!

Sent on 10/29/2018