Gina Petersen Photography Reviews

Gina Petersen Photography 6
Gina Petersen Photography 7

Nick Trowbridge · Getting married on 06/15/2019

Stunning Engagement Photos

Gina shot our engagement photos and we couldn't be happier. They are by far the most professional photos we've ever taken. She took us to a field with a gorgeous backdrop and took us through several natural poses. The use of light was really impressive.

Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/20/2018

Speechless! The absolute best photographer!

Wow! Gina really captures EVERYTHING. My husband and I were beyond excited to work with Gina after our initial phone call with her. She has such a bubbly personality and helps you feel confident in choosing her to be the photographer for your wedding.
    My husband and I were in love with our engagement photos and knew we had chosen the right person for our wedding. Gina makes sure everyone is comfortable and she really captures all the special moments. She goes above and beyond to ensure everyone is on the same page prior to the wedding date - making sure she captures all the photos you want!
    Not only did my husband and I love working with Gina - our wedding guests and wedding parties did too! She is always smiling and is so personable. I had several friends excited to see photos before the day was over!
    Last - Gina gets you your photos ON TIME!!! She works tirelessly to make sure you get the photos of your special day on a timely schedule. My husband and I received our photos within a month of our wedding and were able to share the photos with all our friends and family over the holiday weekend!
    If you're looking for a professional, amazing, energetic, lover of life photographer - work with Gina Petersen!!!! She's the best! :)

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Ellen

Ellen · Married on 10/13/2018

Honestly the best

Choosing Gina to be our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made. She is such a reassuring and fun presence to be around and just puts everybody at ease. And her photography is amazing - somehow it’s not just the scenes she captures, but all the energy from those moments too. Looking back at our album, we can really feel all the excitement, love and joy from our wedding day come through in every photo. She preserved all our most important moments as well as the small, intimate details that we never would have seen if not for her photos. Once the wedding is over, all the memories becomes fuzzy - but Gina’s photos transport us right back into the very best day of our lives.

(I should also mention, the magic she creates with sunsets. She is a true artist and will make you GLOW.)

More than just the photos though, we never would have guessed what kind of emotional support Gina would be for us. She guided us expertly through the chaos of a wedding day. She kept the whole day running like a well oiled machine, so that we got all the pictures we wanted, but still got to join our guests by cocktail hour and enjoy our own party. Along the way, she made sure to check in that we were feeling good, that we got our quiet moments alone, that we were staying hydrated... more than our photographer, she felt like our friend.

We could go on forever about how much we love Gina, but we’ll stop here - just book her! You will not regret it.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Erin Mcmanus · Married on 10/12/2018

Wonderful!

We loved working with Gina! She is so friendly and easy to work with. My husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of a camera, but Gina immediately put us at ease during our phone calls and the engagement shoot and made it actually a lot of fun! And of course, her pictures are gorgeous, we love them and we have gotten so many compliments from family and friends.

Gina made the whole process easy, from pricing, to planning, and the day of. I would highly recommend working with her :)

Sent on 01/04/2019
    Gina Petersen Photography 8
    Gina Petersen Photography 9
    Gina Petersen Photography 10

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/22/2018

Bubbly, amazing wedding photographer!

Gina is the absolute best!!! Do yourself a favor by booking her! My husband and I had the pleasure of having her as our wedding photographer in September 2018. With photography being one of the most important vendor decisions to us, we could not be more thankful that we had the opportunity to work with Gina! She is not just a vendor, we were so happy to have her there on our wedding day.
    From the initial phone call, we felt so at ease and excited to work with her upbeat and open personality.
    Engagement photos were included in our wedding package and we absolutely love them!! She was so much fun to be around and made us so comfortable. And the photos turned out amazing!
    Prior to our wedding day, Gina was beyond helpful planning and making sure we received the shots and details we wanted. As she is an expert (and not knowing exactly what we wanted), Gina gave us great ideas on timing and fitting everything in. As it was obviously important to us to have photos to look back on forever, it was also really important to be able to spend time with our guests and enjoy every moment of our special day. Because of Gina’s incredible efficiency and organization, we were able to make it to cocktail hour and visit with our family and friends, which was really great! That was even without a first look, and she still fit it all in, while capturing SO MANY amazing photos!
    We were blown away by the beautiful quality and amount of photos we received! We couldn’t love our portraits more, and were also so thrilled by the amount of candid photos to relive our favorite day. The details, the portraits, the ceremony and the reception photos were all incredible! We will cherish the photos forever, and looking through them really portrays the love, fun and emotions of the day!
    Gina is so kind and fun, and we would love to use her again in the future. Thank you, Gina!

Sent on 01/01/2019
    Gina Petersen Photography 23
    Gina Petersen Photography 24

Johnny and Elise · Married on 09/14/2018

Unforgettable Day

From start to finish, Gina supported us in all of our wedding decisions and aspirations. Her flexibility and commitment to our wedding day was spectacular. Her trust to meet us a our favorite local brewery and to drive an hour up a winding road to photograph our ceremony was commendable. All of our ideas came to life with her critique and guidance. Our photos were ready to view ahead of time and exceeded our expectations in their beauty. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer in the North Bay.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Meagen · Married on 09/02/2018

Gina was the perfect choice for my wedding photographer

I had an overall wonderful experience with Gina! From the beginning, she helped me customize a package that was right for me based on things I wanted and nothing I didn't need. I didn't really have a good vision for what I wanted at the beginning and Gina really helped me determine what I did and didn't want. She was the perfect mix of being accommodating with the things I wanted and also providing creative suggestions for things I was unsure of. Gina is the kind of photographer you want around on your wedding day. She is very professional and at the same time easy going, flexible and makes it fun! And most importantly the photos turned out AMAZING! I'm so obsessed with them and so is my family and basically everyone else I show them too! Not to mention she got the entire collection back to be really quick! Thanks again for everything Gina!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Jodi · Married on 08/31/2018

A picture is worth a thousand words. In our case Gina Petersen’s amazing talent and photography abilities are worth thousands and thousands – millions and millions – memories, smiles, tears, laughs, and just plain heart-warming visual memories.

We found Gina (Gina Petersen Photography) through our wedding event management and coordinator company Milestone Events Group and held our wedding at Copain Wines on August 31, 2018.

We initially had a FaceTime meet and greet session with Gina and her creative and warm positive demeanor flowed right through the magical “airwaves” and came through crystal clear during our meeting. She asked all the right questions, answered all of our questions, and most importantly, helped us walk through our wants, needs, and hopes for capturing our special events via the lens of a camera. It is the combination of all of this that made us feel an instant connection and confidence in her artistic eye, that we selected her before we ended our meeting. We wanted her eyes looking through her lens to be the one to snap the moments and create the magical memories that we would never have knew occurred or existed!

She was right on top of keeping our lines of communication open and effortless. Her quick replies and thoughtful truthful responses were so appreciated every step of the way. Thank you Gina for making our memories into pure art.

Meet with Gina, share your story and your vision, and book her for your special event or wedding. You will not ever regret the decision. She is amazing! Thanking Gina doesn’t seem to even come close to how pleased we are and there’s not enough time in the day to continue sharing our thoughts, feedback, and satisfaction. Book Gina and never look back…unless she asks you to in order to capture another cherished moment!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Paula Kraus-Finley · Married on 08/26/2018

An Invaluable Gift to Our Family...Photos that Speak Volumes

Two years ago, I had the pleasure of having Gina Petersen do the photography for my oldest daughter's engagement/wedding. Her expertise provided us with guidance, support, and professionalism that is unparalleled. The images she captured from those events were beyond words; the closest I can come is "breathtaking". She thinks of things others wouldn't because she brings her genuinely warm personality to every moment. When my second daughter announced her engagement, the first contact we made was to Gina, to ensure she could be the photographer. With each and every person she encounters in the process, she makes them feel like family. Her enthusiasm and energy results in an ability to capture emotions that could easily get missed. Her attention to detail is incredible as she notices the small things that others wouldn't see in the moment but would be noticed in the pictures. The amazing quality of the pictures, besides the creativity, far exceeded any expectations we could have had. I am thankful for the love she poured into both my daughters' weddings and I would not even consider another photographer for a special event. Every time I look at one of the photos, I feel the beauty and emotions of the day and am so glad we had Gina behind the camera.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Adina · Married on 06/30/2018

Gina is every bit as amazing as you might expect and hope

Selecting Gina as our wedding photographer was hands-down one of the best decisions we made during our planning process. From the moment I saw Gina's photos online, I fell in love with her style. Gina is not only a talented artist who is amazing at her craft--she is also a true professional who is responsive, transparent, and committed to providing a great service to her clients that extends beyond photographing your day.

She was always responsive to questions or concerns--from the practical in terms of helping to create a realistic timeline, to providing reassurance to me the week of my wedding when the forecast predicted 109 degree weather and I was scared that I would look hot and sweaty in all the pictures--true to her word, despite the heat we still got an amazing collection of photos and I don't look at a single one and think "it was so hot!". Gina really listened to what we wanted and helped us to make the most of our wedding day, including an amazing efficiency in getting through our family photos to allow us to enjoy half of our cocktail hour with our guests, which was a priority for us!

We are beyond thrilled with the collection of photos Gina provided to us. She captured all of the moments of the day we hoped, plus so many great moments we didn't see or couldn't have expected. The hardest part is narrowing down to our favorite images to print because we love so many!

Your wedding day goes by in the blink of an eye--make sure to choose someone amazing who you can trust, who will be a partner to you during your planning process, and who will capture the day beautifully so you can reminisce and remember the day for the rest of your life. Choose Gina!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Gina Petersen Photography 25
    Gina Petersen Photography 26
    Gina Petersen Photography 27
    Gina Petersen Photography 28
    Gina Petersen Photography 29

Kelsey · Married on 06/09/2018

If I could give Gina 10 stars I would! She was an absolute pleasure to work with, from the minute I contacted her for an initial phone consultation, until getting my final wedding photos back. I really couldn’t have asked for a better person to work with on my big day. She put me at ease, and made me feel so comfortable from the very beginning. She was extremely organized, and very prompt with every email and text I sent throughout wedding planning. I am blown away with how both our engagement photos and wedding photos turned out. She is a natural, and it is very obvious she knows what she is doing. I always trusted that she knew what was best, and was going to capture some great images of our day. I found myself sad when the wedding came to an end, because this meant I wasn’t going to be working with Gina anymore! I 100 percent reccomend Gina to anyone getting married, she will not disappoint. I already can’t wait to find another excuse to have her photograph my husband and I!! Without a doubt, Gina is the best there is. :)

Sent on 08/05/2018

Emily · Married on 06/02/2018

When my husband and I were planning our wedding we both knew we wanted to find a photographer that had more than just the skills of taking family portraits. We wanted someone that could capture the emotions and essence of our special day and with Gina we found that times ten! From the first initial contact to the last, Gina was always ready to hear our vision and help us map out the things that were the most important to us for her to capture. She responded quickly to emails, was always attentive to our needs and was always ready to answer hundreds of wedding-planning-newbie questions (thanks Gina for that!). On the day Gina and her team were very efficient and helped gently guide the day so that things ran smoothly and on time. After seeing the final results we couldn't be more overjoyed that we chose Gina to be a part of our big day. We got to relive each moment and get a glimpse to the experience that our guests had. She managed to capture such emotional and intimate moments with family and friends. I would 100000000% recommend Gina to anyone wanting a beautiful talent to capture the special moments in your life. She truly has a gift and an astonishing eye for the little things that you could never think to capture but are that much more precious to you once you see the results. You won't regret working with Gina, she makes you feel at ease on your big day and absolutely delivers on gorgeous, timeless photos that you'll have forever! Thank you thank you thank you Gina!

Sent on 06/20/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/02/2018

We absolutely love working with Gina. She really knows how to make a couple feel comfortable while getting all the amazing shots and all while doing it quickly as to not be away from guests too long. You are in great hands with Gina and did I mention how sweet she is which is a huge bonus!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Scott · Married on 05/28/2018

From start to finish, Gina was an absolute pleasure to work with. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our experience with her, from our initial consultations, our engagement shoot, and all the way to the conclusion of our big day. She was responsive to any manner of questions we had about the process and was totally open to the requests we made for how we wanted our wedding to be shot. And above all the quality of her work was fantastic -- we love how she made us look and how she captured the day. She came to us via recommendation and we would certainly do the same.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Jaclyn · Married on 05/05/2018

Gina was fantastic! When we were faced with the tough decision to post-pone our wedding due to the fires in Sonoma County we reached out to Gina for guidance - She was so graceful, sensitive and flexible towards our situation and made us feel confident with our decision to post-pone. We are so lucky to have found her! Gina captured many special moments from our day without us and our guests even realizing we were being photographed and we had a very, very intimate wedding! From the natural moments, the subtleties to the portrait sessions - We were pleasantly surprised to see the number of images captured and were impressed by how beautifully they were all finished. Gina truly captured the essence of our day and we will treasure these images forever! We could not recommend Gina more.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Christie · Married on 04/06/2018

Gina did a fantastic job capturing all the joy, excitement, and important moments from our wedding day. Our photos are stunning and we had some challenging conditions with the rain, but you’d never know it from the photos. Not only is Gina a talented photographer, she is a pleasure to work with. We will be treasuring our collection for years to come.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Richard · Married on 04/06/2018

Gina is the perfect mix of being flexible while providing the necessary direction of “herding cats.” Most importantly, the photos are phenomenal.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Rebecca · Married on 11/05/2017

Gina does absolutely beautiful work, and has been a lot of fun to interact with. From our engagement session and wedding day, interacting with her has been easy and relaxed. I think her main skill is the ability to see so much more beyond what you can see, adding an artistic touch and angle to all of her photography. You can just trust her and know she will produce for you excellent work. Thanks a ton Gina!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Jennifer · Married on 11/03/2017

Gina was absolutely amazing! She has an incredibly warm personality. She makes you feel comfortable immediately. We did both our engagement and wedding photos with her. Her creativity and level of detail truly captured the love between us and our family on our wedding day. The photos are absolutely beautiful and truly complement our venue and our love. I would absolutely recommend Gina to anyone in the area! She is special and I am honored to have had her share our special day with us!!

Sent on 12/13/2017
    Gina Petersen Photography 30
    Gina Petersen Photography 31

Kanush · Married on 10/28/2017

Gina was fantastic and we had a great time working with her - very strongly recommended! We had our wedding across 2 days (Indian wedding + Western wedding) and she was very understanding and flexible about our needs. The whole experience was fun and easy and we ended up w/ a fantastic set of pictures from both days.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2017

Gina was an absolute pleasure to work with -- start to finish! We did an engagement shoot with her before the wedding which was a really fun way to get to know her and get used to taking photographs together. On our wedding day we thought Gina and her team were incredibly professional and made us feel so comfortable from start to finish. She was courteous, professional, and really fun to work with! On top of it all, the photos were AMAZING! We couldn't be happier with how they turned out (and how many of them there are!) Our experience with Gina really couldn't have been better, and we're so grateful to her -- and all her hard work -- for producing a set of photos that we will cherish for a lifetime. Thank you Gina! xo

Sent on 11/14/2017

Dana · Married on 09/02/2017

Gina and her colleague Dario truly captured our wedding weekend with the most magical photos. Gina's calming, organized, and energetic presence (which was especially tested on an unseasonably hot weekend -- 110 degrees on our Sept wedding day) to help guide us through the day. I knew we were in great hands after the first time we skyped with Gina, who was extremely collaborative and helpful throughout the wedding planning process. Gina made all our families and wedding parties feel comfortable while taking photos during the rehearsal dinner and wedding day. She's a pleasure to share such a special time with, and the photos are wonderful!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Corine · Married on 07/30/2017

Working with Gina has been an amazing experience. From the beginning she was flexible with me and was willing to do what she could to make things work for me and make me a satisfied customer. I was looking for a certain style and I had a budget to stay under too, but Gina was able to give me a package worth every penny with everything I was looking for- and more. I am so extremely pleased with how the day of my wedding went, everything felt so natural and I felt zero pressure or stress while taking photos and throughout the wedding. I am so glad that she is so fantastic at what she does because I have the most amazing photos to show for it. I am so happy with them, it's like I was able to relive the entire day through them-and they look SO GOOD! I am so happy I chose Gina for my wedding, she truly is wonderful. She's so sweet and kind, and she wants the best for her brides. I felt like she was looking out for my best interest the entire time, and she definitely wanted things to go the way I wanted. I can't rave enough about how happy and satisfied I am with her work, Gina is an incredible Sonoma county photographer and I very highly recommend her for your wedding!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Renata · Married on 07/02/2017

We love Gina!!
    In planning a wedding, you have vendors, and then you have people who come to our wedding to help shape the experience. Gina isn't just a vendor. She works with you leading up to the wedding day to ensure everything goes smoothly. On the day of, her first question is, "Okay how are you doing?" like it's the ONLY and MOST IMPORTANT wedding she's been to (and believe me, she is booooooked).
    Upon booking Gina, we knew that she produced gorgeous images that capture natural moments (moments that we may not even know were happening ourselves). It shows in her work. And we suspected that she'd be fun to work with. But what we didn't realize was that we'd never feel crowded, we'd feel her warmth and sense of humor, she'd be strategically positioning herself for a perfect shot unbeknownst to anyone else, and that we'd have an amazing time hanging out with her. We cannot recommend Gina enough. You deserve the best.

Sent on 07/20/2017

daniela · Married on 06/30/2017

Gina Petersen is the most talented person we have met. If we could give her 10 out of 10 stars we would. We found Gina on our vendor list from Milestone Events Group. The moment I clicked on her page, there was no doubt that I fell in love with her style and wedding photos. Gina is seriously the sweetest. She made us feel like as if we have known her for a lifetime! We felt so comfortable and we could simply be ourselves on our special day. The best part is that Gina captured the true meaning of love through our photos. She was so much fun to work with and felt like she was one of our guests at our wedding. She reminded us to be ourselves and to enjoy the moment. We highly recommend Gina for your event and we cannot wait to continue our relationship with her for our future upcoming events. Thank you Gina, you deserve every star and more. xoxo

Sent on 07/10/2017