San Diego, CA 92109 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 22

About Garty Pavilion at The San Diego Rowing Club

Welcome to the award winning Garty Pavilion at the San Diego Rowing Club. This magical bayside setting with its singular contemporary design is quickly becoming the location of choice for wedding ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners, bar and bat mitzvahs, private parties and business events.

The reception and ceremony site fee includes use of the Garty Pavilion and ceremony space for a total of 11 hours (including your vendors' set up and tear down time), cleaning and a staff person to be on site for the length of your event.

Follow Garty Pavilion at The San Diego Rowing Club on

img7842

• Videos 2

4 Reviews for Garty Pavilion at The San Diego Rowing Club

Chelsea · Married on 12/30/2016

The Garty was the perfect venue for our December wedding! My husband and I both have a connection to rowing so the venue had a lot of extra meaning to us :) Our ceremony took place under a tent on the front apron with about 100 guests. The venue simply doesn't need much decor because of the beautiful beach! Cocktail hour and the reception took place in the Garty which was perfect for our number of guests- it felt intimate, yet breathable. The dance floor was the perfect size and our caterers made use of the built in bar which was centrally located and kept guests on the dance floor and interacting!

Robyn Fallon is the event manager for the Garty and she is also a saint!! We hired Robyn to be our month of wedding coordinator as well and she went above and beyond in every way. Robyn saved the day from a rain storm and kept everything running perfectly. She dealt with unconventional situations popping up our of the blue with the utmost grace and she made sure that I was not stressed at all. Robyn was amazing. Two weeks before the wedding we began to get concerned about rain but didn't want to commit to tenting so far out when the weather was changing rapidly. Robyn worked with her own contacts at a rental company to ensure that we didn't have to decide about tenting until three days before the wedding. She helped us get extremely reasonable prices (I would even say cheap!!) prices on rentals and even drove miles across town two nights before the wedding to buy a fancy clear umbrella for me. I can't even count the number of ways in which Robyn improved or saved our day! We had the wedding of our dreams because of Robyn and the Garty.

Sent on 01/13/2017

I just had my wedding here last month and it is an amazing venue! We knew we wanted a waterfront venue, but many of the more well known venues were booked out very far in advance. Fortunately, my mom found the SDRC, which still had a couple openings for 2016 available. As soon as I toured the property I knew it was our venue and it really was perfect for our wedding.

I loved how the venue is surrounded by the bay and allowed us to enjoy San Diego's beautiful weather--we were fortunate to have great weather and a beautiful sunset that day. Although it was a bit windy I think the breeze isn't as bad as it would be if you were right on the beach. The north side of the venue can't accommodate a huge wedding (the west side can hold more people), but it worked great for our 120 person wedding. It's nice too that you're able to really make it your own space inside with decor, but outside doesn't need much decor because of the great setting. I really liked that almost none of our guests who live in San Diego had been to SDRC before and they all commented on what a beautiful venue it was. It was such a memorable day and I am so glad we chose to celebrate our marriage at SDRC.

Sent on 09/07/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/06/2015

My husband and I got married at The SD Rowing Club on 9/6/15 and it was absolutely perfect! I was born and raised in the beach area and never even knew this place existed until we were looking for wedding venues. We were very particular about having an outdoor reception and this venue far exceeded our expectations! We knew as soon as we saw it that it would be the perfect match for us and it did not disappoint. Our guests cannot stop talking about the "coolest bridal processional they have ever seen" when the giant garage doors open and I came walking out with my dad. Robyn was very professional, reliable, and worked well with our other vendors to make our day perfect!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Garty Pavilion at The San Diego Rowing Club FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 4,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 250