44 Merrimac Street, Newburyport, MA 01950 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $5,000
Availability Check your date

About Freebird Photography

Hey there! I’m Kate.

I’m a born and raised New Englander that always needs to be busy doing something. I listen to music way too loud, have a style obsession with backpacks and hats, can't start my morning without espresso and rescued my soul-dog while living out in Colorado.

Before making the full-time leap into Freebird I worked in Advertising, managing everything from day-to-day operations to strumming up new, creative tag-lines and campaign ideas. After three years of doing the double full-time job juggle, I finally made the move into self-employment. Almost two years all-in and life has been something like a dream for me. Sure, working every weekend can be taxing, but for me right now in life--the juice is well worththe squeeze. I get to work with clients and their favorite people on their best days ever-- Does it get sweeter than that?

Thinking back to my first shoot ever, I remember being immediately fixated on playing with the natural light through a lens. Fast-forward almost five years and my love for light has turned into a complete obsession. When I'm behind the camera and I'm chasing good light with a couple or family, I find myself riding this creative high. You'll see! ;)

I currently live, play and work on the North Shore of Massachusetts. Holler at me if you’re ever in Newburyport! I’m always down for an impromptu coffee, cocktail or photo shoot.

Follow Freebird Photography on

Freebird Photography 4
Freebird Photography 5

Danielle · Married on 06/14/2019

Amazing vendor!

We are SO happy that we chose Kate as our photographer. We first met Kate over a year ago when she shot our engagement photos and we instantly knew how amazing she was! My husband and I felt so comfortable and the pictures turned out great. On our big day, Kate was amazing. She worked so well with our families and even helped bustle my wedding dress! I've received many comments from family and friends telling me how friendly and personable Kate was. We received a few sneak peeks the day after our wedding and are eagerly awaiting the rest!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Alexandra · Married on 07/07/2018

Kate was amazing in every way! Friends and family are not only still talking about the amazing photos, but how much they loved Kate! She truly became a friend throughout the wedding planning and was so much fun to spend time with during the reception! There is no doubt I will be looking for any excuse to get photos taken in the future in order to spend more time with her!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Freebird Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    One Event / Day
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 5000.00
    One Event / Day
    Toning
    Digital Files
    Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    High-Res Images
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums