5 Sanborn Ct., Somerville, MA 02143 Map · Phone number

About Forklift Catering

Forklift Catering specializes in creative custom menus for events of all types and sizes. Our high standards, commitment to using local products and sustainable practices, and our passion for food and entertaining shine through in our exquisite meals. From multi-course tasting menus to a backyard wedding, we'll help plan a great celebration and the food will not disappoint. We are dedicated to using the finest quality ingredients, sourced locally whenever possible. Vegetarian menus, gluten-free menus, and menus accommodating all food allergies are never a problem.

You won't have to lift a finger, just your fork!

Follow Forklift Catering on

Services27
Services36
Chefs
Chefs
aly wants other taco pic
aquadro bob8715
aquadro bob8797
arancini
Forklift Catering
asian pork on coconut rice cake
caprese skewer

Forklift Catering 3
Forklift Catering 4

Marilyn · Married on 05/05/2019

Delighted with Forklift!

My daughter was married in early May. As mother of the bride, my self-designated role seemed to be worrier in chief. There seemed to be nothing too big or small for me to stress over. Kristen and Forklift were wonderful. They helped us through the process with utter confidence and skill and a reassuring manner that relaxed us completely. They knew the venue perfectly and advised us on how to set up stations and work the cocktail hour to ease the flow of guests. They helped us decide on table settings and decor, to accommodate our different groupings. They managed special dietary orders and requests of guests and wedding party with perfect aplomb. The servers and wait staff were professional and personable. And, the food - hors doerves and main courses - was out of this world.

Kiristen and the Forklift team were major contributors in making our special day a complete success. I could not recommend them more highly.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Forklift Catering's reply:

Hi Marilyn,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're glad we were able to take away some of the stress from this exciting but sometimes overwhelming time. We enjoyed working with you and your daughter and hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you and your family again soon!

- The Forklift Team

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2019

Perfect experience with Forklift!

Picking Forklift was the best decision of my wedding! I have so many good things to say!

Food: I’d describe us as foodies/farmers market junkies who are generally underwhelmed by wedding food, and Forklift absolutely exceeded our expectations. They gave us amazing suggestions that matched our tastes, including lots of vegetarian options since we don’t eat a ton of meat. You can tell how dedicated they are to creating a menu that the couple will love, rather than just giving you a list of their standard options and asking you to pick from the list. At one point early on in our menu selection, I asked if one of the entree sides could be prepared without raisins, since my husband doesn’t like dried fruit. Kristen said that the raisins added something important to the dish, but she suggested several other sides that would complement the entrees we’d chosen but would be dried fruit-free. We ended up going with brown butter gnocchi and roasted broccolini - delicious! I can’t count how many guests commented on how great all the food was, and I certainly agree.

Service: Forklift really shines with attention to details that were beyond my wildest expectation. They think everything through so carefully. I mentioned that my father had asked if we could have a bottle of port at the bar for people who wanted an after dinner drink, and during the wedding, the manager made a point of bringing my father a glass so he didn’t miss out. He was so touched!

Knowledge: Kristen was my wedding MVP. She was happy to give me advice on everything - even details that were at best tangentially related to the catering. She also knew our venue (the Charles River Museum) so well that I didn’t have to spend energy worrying about those little things that could drive you crazy. She knew where to put the bar to avoid a traffic jam of guests at the start of the cocktail hour, she knew what size dance floor we should have with our guest count to give us enough room without making it feel empty, and she knew about a million other helpful details.

Flexibility: Forklift was so incredibly easy to work with. They were easily able to accommodate all our guests’ allergies and dietary requests (dairy allergy, kosher meal, gluten-free, etc.) When I was still debating between a few choices for table linens and china, Kristen reserved all the options I was still considering until I had a chance to make up my mind (several months later). When my parents suddenly decided 4 or 5 days before our wedding that we absolutely must serve coffee with dessert, Kristen added the coffee station, and all the necessary accessories, no problem.

Finally, a pro tip: The unsolicited wedding advice I got most often was to make sure to eat on my wedding day, because the bride and groom are often so busy talking to guests that they don’t have time. One person suggested we order room service from our hotel in advance so we could have food waiting for us when we got back to the hotel and were inevitably starving. First of all, I WAS able to eat at my wedding, because Forklift dedicated a member of the staff to making sure my husband and I had food and drinks whenever we needed something. Second of all, I’d picked this caterer and menu I was psyched about, and I sure as hell wasn’t going to eat a crappy hotel room service meal on my wedding day. I asked Kristen if they could pack us a to-go box of food, and it was one of my better wedding decisions - we got 2 sets of appetizers, 2 sets of dessert, and even the leftover entrees from the guests who cancelled at the last minute. So basically, we got to enjoy our wedding meal 2 days in a row!

Cannot recommend Forklift highly enough!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Krysia

Krysia E. Wazny McClain · Married on 10/13/2018

Delicious and Delightful Experience with Forklift

Forklift was one of the earliest and best choices we made for our wedding. We were looking for a sustainable option for a vegan-ish meal (vegan + fish with some straight vegetarian options thrown in). Forklift’s local, seasonal offerings fit the bill perfectly and were absolutely scrumptious.

Deborah was a delight to work with and a huge help in all stages of the planning process, giving us recommendations for other vendors, choosing rentals, and making a rain plan (which was nearly necessary and we would have been perfectly prepared for!). Day of, everything came together beautifully and our guests have been raving about the food since.

I also feel compelled to mention that they used local edible flowers to decorate their hors d'oeuvres serving platters, which I found so distinctive and characteristic of their creativity and attention to detail. Really cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Forklift Catering's reply:

Hi Krysia,

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We enjoyed working with you and Kevin on your wedding too! We're so glad your guests are still raving about the food. You made great choices!

We're also glad you appreciated the edible flowers. We get them from Eva's Garden in South Dartmouth. She grows the most beautiful flowers and herbs!

Hope to see you at another event soon!

- The Forklift Team

Forklift Catering FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 150.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 150.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 175.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 60.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings, China, Flatware, Glassware
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 5.00
  • What catering services do you provide? Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tapas
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? African, American, Asian, British, Cajun, Caribbean, Chinese, Ethiopian, French, German, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Russian, Seafood, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Halal, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Liquor License, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs, Tables

• Sadowsky Photography
    Sadowsky Photography Wedding Photographers

Every bite is like a carnival in my mouth! Worth your while to talk to James and Dennis.

• 5 Sanborn Ct. Somerville, 02143 See on map