551 10TH ST APT 1, Brooklyn, NY 11215 Map · Phone number

About EVENTS BY MELISSA MCNEELEY

Melissa McNeeley brings over 20 years of planning expertise to her events. Her team has planned weddings and social events throughout the country from New York to Los Angeles. The combination of Melissa's highly curated creativity and her strong relationships with celebrated industry professionals ensure her events are truly one of a kind.

Melissa has produced events of every ilk: farm weddings upstate, corporate holiday parties in Brooklyn, celebrity gatherings for clients like Steve Martin, Jim Parsons and Corey Stoll, as well as mini music festivals in the CT countryside, and beyond! Her team brings their extensive experience to the wide spectrum of hospitality services they offer, from full planning to month-of planning.

Melissa works intimately with each of her clients- couples, businesses, charitable organizations, and families- to ensure every element exceeds their loftiest expectations. Melissa's unwavering reputation for exceptional attention to detail, flexibility, and discretion has set her apart as a highly esteemed hospitality professional.

Follow EVENTS BY MELISSA MCNEELEY on

EVENTS BY MELISSA MCNEELEY 3
  • Krissy

Krissy · Married on 09/08/2018

Best wedding planner!

Working with Melissa and Ariel was hands down one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We opted to go with day of coordinator services with some additional consulting hours to utilize Melissa’s expertise when it came to booking specific vendors. First, we must speak to Melissa’s experience and professionalism. From the first phone conversation with her, it was extremely clear that wedding planning was second nature to Melissa. At the start of our planning, my husband and I had a very good idea of what we didn’t want our wedding to be like but needed to narrow down what we did want. Utilizing the consulting hours with Melissa really enabled us to do exactly that. She asked us the right questions, shared her abundance of knowledge and vendor recommendations, accompanied us to meetings, and always remained unbiased. This truly allowed us to come up with a clear vision and plan for our wedding. In the months leading up to our wedding, Melissa and Ariel were always just a phone call or email away to help ease our “worry of the week.” Around a month out, Melissa took over all our responsibilities. She handled all the last minute vendor scheduling and made sure that everyone was on the same page for the day of. Despite the rain on our wedding day and the reshuffling of cocktail hour, everything ran smoothly and it was all because of Melissa and her wonderful team. Their professionalism, attention to detail and ability to multitask exceeded our expectations and alleviated all stress from my husband and I. We were truly able to be in the moment which allowed us to enjoy every second of our wedding day. We highly recommend Melissa for whatever level of wedding planning that you need!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Dear Krissy and Pat,
    We loved working with you and your wedding was such a fun one for us. You have great taste and great senses of humor and we enjoyed all of the laughs during our process with you.

We still talk about how you brought in burgers and pizza and donuts for the late night snack after a full (and awesome) dinner and dessert. (and how everyone went nuts for it) You are our people! Thanks so much for everything and Happy almost Anniversary!
    xoxo
    Melissa (and Ariel)

Jacqueline · Married on 06/23/2018

Dream day thanks to Melissa!

My husband and I had a dream wedding day thanks to Melissa and her team! From helping my mom and me design the aesthetic of our wedding, to providing us with the best vendors out there, to making sure everything at our wedding was vegan (this was really important to my husband and me), to keeping me calm when the big day came, she made our experience totally flawless! She has great, cool style and taste! Our wedding was exactly what we wanted it to be and had so many fun, unique touches that I wouldn’t have thought of without Melissa’s expertise. In the lead up to the wedding and on the day of, Melissa took on all the logistical issues that come with a wedding with absolute grace and poise, allowing my family and my guests to just enjoy it! Can’t recommend enough!

Sent on 12/21/2018

Dearest Jackie,

You and Brian (and your mom!) were a dream to work with and so wonderful to get to know. You made my job easy, fun and meaningful and I am forever grateful. Thank you for your very kind words!
    Love,
    Melissa
  • Madeline

Madeline Garber · Married on 10/28/2017

Not just an event planner but a friend by the end!

I can't recommend Melissa and her team enough. We knew when we chose Melissa that she would bring her unique and wonderful sense of style to everything we did, and we were right. Melissa introduced us to our florist, Doan Ly, who we couldn't have been more obsessed with. She helped us connect with our DJ, Chances with Wolves, who we had always wanted to work with. She was calm, cool, and collected at all times, including on the day of the wedding. My mom and I got drinks with her a few months later because we genuinely enjoy her company and felt like we were friends by the end of the whole process! Melissa is the whole package: fun, friendly, organized, and has an incredible eye. She helped us turn the Weylin into something fun and funky which was exactly what we were looking for, and we couldn't have been happier. Thank you, thank you, Melissa!

Sent on 12/21/2018

EVENTS BY MELISSA MCNEELEY's reply:

Thank you, Maddie! Reading your kind words takes me back to a day that was wonderful for my team and me in every way, you and Chris and your mom at the top of that list! I am so lucky to work with people like you and so happy we are able to stay in touch. PS - I think you need to find a way to wear that stunning dress again! xoxo

Award

• Patina Rentals
    Patina Rentals Wedding Rentals

We've been lucky enough to work with Melissa on several occasions. She always has super creative ideas about adding elements to each wedding that will surprise your guests and make sure it's the most fun night of your lives. It's clear she cares about each couple and is determined to make sure your wedding is uniquely yours by infusing her couples' personalities and stories into their wedding every step of the way and ensuring no two weddings are the same. She'll make sure the service at your wedding is top notch for your guests, that everything is picture perfect and do it all with a smile and a super cool demeanor.

• Ryan Brown Catering New York
    Ryan Brown Catering New York Wedding Caterers

Melissa McNeeley is fantastic! She is incredibly nice but also incredibly skilled at keeping everything on task and on time. When we speak with potential clients, we urge them to make sure they have a fantastic planner/coordinator, it keeps the clients from worrying on the big day and frees them up to focus on the more important things. Any potential bride or groom would be lucky to have Melissa on their side.

• Ryan Brown Catering New York