Columbia, Columbia, MD 21045 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Ethan Yang Photography

Ethan's niche in photography stems from his background in film from Maryland Institute College of Art and his abiding passion for the arts. He has the ability to capture moments as if they were stills from a film and he approaches his work with the utmost diligence and detail. Perhaps these traits pay homage to the training he received while serving in the United States Marine Corp, or perhaps they are innate. Nonetheless, his work aims to exhibit its own beautiful story.

His story is far from the ordinary and resembles a modern day fairy tale. He married his high school sweetheart, Karis, of whom he met in the ninth grade and dated for over thirteen years. It is their story that inspires him to create pictures reflecting love. He has been to numerous weddings in the past few years and dedicates his time in providing his clients with unforgettable memories.

Aside from taking pictures for weddings, he is notably involved in the movie industry. He has worked on HBO's The Wire, Step Up 2, Eagle Eye, Night at the Museum 2, Salt and is currently working on his third experimental movie.

57 Reviews for Ethan Yang Photography

• peony

Catherine · Married on 06/10/2018

I discovered Ethan from attending a wedding of my childhood friend in Washington DC. Since I as a guest at the wedding, I experienced the wedding from a different perspective. When I saw Ethan Yang’s photos, they blew me away. The images were depicting the best angles of the wedding and really highlighted certain elements well. Ethan is a talent armed with the ability to capture light in the most flattering way, posing the subject effectively, and creating the best composition.

There is something special about the way the photos compared to other works from other photographers... it looked intimate but not unattainable. I was never fond of photography that made the couple look like they’re the only ones left in a post apocalyptic world or something that’s super fairytale dramatic. I feel that Ethan’s artistic eye allows the photo to shine with authentic storytelling.

I booked with Ethan through just a couple of email exchanges and never met in person until the big day. I don’t have any expectation and tried to gave him full creative liberties as a professional to do what he does best.

What I didn’t expect was how well he was able to navigate around large groups of bridal party plus Asian elders who may not want to pose or do what he wanted them to do. He was patient, empathetic and knew how to maximize the time and gain trust from the elders. My father even really stepped back from his usual know-it-all self and said to me “he really knows how to do this!”

Ethan guided every person in the wedding party, how to pose, what’s the best angle, how to stand, how to deal with a tired over-smiled face with so much patience and positivity. He made the day so smooth and put me at ease.

Being a designer, I can see how much hard work he’s put into the wedding day and made it looks so effortless and easy. I know the photos will come out amazing. Karis also put in a lot of extra work being Ethan’s assistant throughout the day. Thank you both!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Nazia · Married on 11/11/2017

Having beautiful photos to take home from our wedding day was a top priority to me and my husband. We wanted the best of the best, and we certainly got that with Ethan and Karis. Ethan was a recommendation from a friend, we initially met with another photographer and the professionalism was like night and day. Our initial consultation is what sold us; they were professional, prepared, and had an answer to all our questions - including ideas on locations to take Autumn engagement photos.

Ethan and Karis worked with us in so many ways to accommodate everything from our budget to timing to helping us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Ethan's eye for lighting, unique shots and locations made all the difference. Places where you'd think the picture would turn out average or mediocre in quality, exceeded our expectations. I think the one thing I appreciated the most was the responsiveness - any and all communications were answered within a couple of days (which is really hard to find with most wedding vendors!).

We hired Ethan for our engagement session, Henna ceremony night, and the wedding day. Ethan and Karis made a really crazy/busy day run a lot smoother. All the photos turned out absolutely beautiful and we cannot recommend him enough.

Sent on 03/12/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/20/2017

Ethan is the Best!! If photography is important to you, then look no further. Ethan is talented in handling the light and capturing everyone's emotions. I had absolutely no regrets from when I booked Ethan to when we received our photos. Ethan and Karis were always professional, personable, and very accommodating in all of our interactions. My husband and I live out of state so our first meeting with Ethan was on the day of our wedding. Even so, Ethan captured our emotions perfectly! He is very meticulous with poses so they look picture-perfect, which I appreciated. Even when the pictures were posed, the final effect was very natural. I can't stop looking at the pictures, and have received nothing but praises for how wonderful the photos look! Our wedding activities ran late and Ethan was super flexible and stayed until the end of our entire wedding! I will definitely be sending potential clients Ethan's way!

Sent on 08/19/2017

• Embellir Artistry
    Embellir Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

Ethan is professional and super nice, not to mention his work is wonderful, would recommend him to my clients

• Columbia Columbia, MD, 21045 See on map