1200 E 11th Street Suite 101, Austin, TX 78702 Map · Phone number

About Eclectic Images

{you find beauty in ordinary things. do not lose this gift }

I found the above message in a fortune cookie years ago. It came at a pivotal point in my life when I was feeling unfulfilled with my then job (in finance) and I felt a stirring inside for something more. At that point I decided I was going to do whatever it took to become a photographer, even if that meant working at the mall portrait studio (which I did!) After "paying my dues" for a few years working at the portrait studio and also at a local newspaper as a photojournalist and shooting weddings part time, I finally jumped in full time about 5 years ago. And I've loved every moment since.

A little more about me - my name is Heather Banks and I specialize in weddings and portraits, though my motto is that I'll shoot anything :) I live in Austin, Texas with my husband Mike (we're newlyweds!) and our two Boston Terriers, Linus and Moo, in a groovy 1970's house that we are currently remodeling (we call it our brady bunch house). I'm also opening a studio soon in the fabulous East Village Lofts on East 11th Street right in the heart of Austin.

In addition to taking wedding photos and family and senior portraits all around Austin and central Texas, I'm also a destination wedding photographer, I've photographed weddings all over Mexico and also in St. Kitts, Barbados, Napa, and Martha's Vineyard to name a few.
Follow Eclectic Images on

IT7Y1973
IT7Y1826

11 Reviews for Eclectic Images

Jenny · Married on 11/17/2012

Heather at Eclectic Images is truly the best wedding photographer out there!! I can't say enough about how talented Heather is and how much fun she is to work with. I highly recommend her!

Photography was so important to me for my wedding day and I met with several photographers during the decision process. No one compared!! I was truly blown away by Heather’s portfolio, professionalism and amazing wedding album options!! It was by far our best decision to hire her. She was so helpful during the entire wedding planning process! She was always responsive to my e-mails (I sent tons!) and phone calls. She had the best advice and made me feel like I was in the best hands during the entire process. She had a very thorough survey that I filled out before my wedding which outlined all of the shots that were important to me and my husband. She made sure on the day of my wedding to capture each one of those moments. It was so important to me to have all of these pictures and she beyond delivered. Because of all of this, I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day without worrying over the photography. And I am forever grateful to her for this!!!

She truly captured the feel of my wedding and all of the unique moments. She had the best angles and vision in her photos. Her photography style is eclectic and beautiful. I received SO many beautiful photos that I have turned into works of art in our home (as well as our family and friends homes!) I cannot put into words the quality of her pictures. The wedding day goes by so fast and being able to relive it through the wedding pictures is truly priceless. She is worth every penny!! I honestly wouldn't recommend any one else.

Heather at Eclectic Images is truly the best wedding photographer out there!!

Sent on 03/26/2013

maeling · Married on 08/27/2010

Very professional, very responsive. Amazingly enough you will not notice them anywhere during the wedding and when you see your photos you'll realize that they were actually everywhere! We're very grateful for the wonderful images and if there's one area you never want to skimp out on, it's the photography, as it will last forever.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Evelyn · Married on 05/14/2010

Everyone told me when I was searching for my vendors that photography was the most important expense of the wedding. SO TRUE!! Heather is phenomenal, so get on her schedule way early. She was very patient, creative, thoughtful and most important of all - easy going. The pictures are stunning, and tell a wonderful story of our weekend. Heather was personally recommended to me by two people, and I'm happy to recommend her to many more brides!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Award

Eclectic Images FAQ

• What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount

• Le San Michele
    Le San Michele Banquet Halls

Heather did an incredible job on the photography for Alysson & Yemboado's fall wedding at Le San Michele. I have a beautiful album she put together for me and when I show it to new couples looking at our venue I always get compliments on her work.Virginia Fleming, Le San Michele

• Bella Di Oliva Bridal Hair Salon Austin
    Bella Di Oliva Bridal Hair Salon Austin Wedding Hair & Makeup

WOW GREAT PICS!!!!! If you all ever need a team for hair and airbrush makeup lets us know!!! Lupita Oliva owner at Salon Bella Di Oliva

• Mandy Hernandez
    Mandy Hernandez Wedding Hair & Makeup

Heather=Artistic, in many aspects. She has had confidence in me over and over and I thank her for that!! I know when I am doing makeup and hair with her, that she will capture the perfect photographs. I wish that she and I could shoot together more often. She is very talented and professional and I cannot recommend her enough.

• 1200 E 11th Street, Suite 101 Austin, 78702 See on map